Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Thanks Guys

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Re:Thanks Guys

smoothfun wrote:
    19 Straight wrote:
    I just discovered you and this site this year and I have to say it was invaluable. Your projections are better than anyone else\'s and your midseason guide was a tremendous idea that gave me a huge edge. This is the first site I go to every day. Your insights and information are one of the reasons I am winning my league. My thoughts are as follows. You just didn\'t charge enough money for your services. I would pay money to join your site, and more than $20. I would also pay more for your guides. Look at what other comparable companies charge. Charge $20 for your preseason and midseason guides. Charge extra for the update right before the season starts. Charge, but don\'t quit.

Or how\'s this for an idea. Give up the site if you must, but keep putting out your draft guide. Can\'t you do that in your spare time.

I have played fantasy hockey for years and no other source of information is better than Dobber. Please let us know what we can do to keep you in the game.
    that\'s what makes this a great site dob\'s never over charged for his info , if anything he openly shared it , april fools joke , maybe , but either way this site is by far the best , too good ! i laugh at myself because i\'ve only told one other person about it.do\'nt become a corporate jerk and fleece us dobber but i\'m sure we will all pay fairly to helt this go on and bercome the dynasty pool site it deserves to be clkassed as!
    I\'d rather have a great site that is more expensive to use than no site. While the price has been right, it obviously was not enough for Dobber to keep it going. I am now hoping this is one big April fool\'s joke. Say it ain\'t so!
    11 team one year Roto league
    Goals, Assists, PIMs, Wins, GAA
    18 man rosters
    F- Briere, Vanek, Grabovsky, Hossa, Krejci, Lecavalier, Pavelski, Hemsky, Spezza, Konopka
    D- Boyle, Edler, Phaneuf, Subban, Fowler

G- Luongo, Lehtonen, Crawford

Dobber Sports Apprentice

In the humble words of Principle Skinner...

\"NNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!! !!\"

Don\'t close the site my man, you can find alternatives...geo..mypace..etc...get your magazine friends to advertise on your site...you know who they are.

plus what will I do with my name.... i won\'t let you do it!

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Dobbs, I call bollocks..but seriously, I\'ve been here from the get go and I plan on buying your mag again next season. Either way, I come to the site daily for your ramblings and injury updates.

It would be a damn shame to close down a great community of other hockey nerds like myself. haha In a few months time, I see this message board taking off and surpassing the hfboards.
    I am the commish of the NYC of fantasy hockey: THE SCHL

www.sniperscup.com

Dobber Sports Prodigy

There are few times I\'ve been happier to be the butt of an April Fool\'s joke. Thank you Dobber.
    11 team one year Roto league
    Goals, Assists, PIMs, Wins, GAA
    18 man rosters
    F- Briere, Vanek, Grabovsky, Hossa, Krejci, Lecavalier, Pavelski, Hemsky, Spezza, Konopka
    D- Boyle, Edler, Phaneuf, Subban, Fowler

G- Luongo, Lehtonen, Crawford

Dobber Sports Apprentice

mrbugg wrote:
    Thank you everyone.

Here\'s what I posted elsewhere on the forum:

\"Let me tell you, there was no one more shocked than me. We on staff had no warning, none at all. Dobber had been sitting on this for some time, and I was pissed off, but I\'m sort of numb now more than anything.

But in the darkness, there\'s light. Right after Dobber let his affiliates know, a certain publication that focuses on Hockey News (wink wink) e-mailed me. They\'re more than interested in adding me to their revered staff. I\'ll be the youngest in that publication\'s history to write full-time.

In the end, I echo Dobber\'s sentiments. Thank you, everyone, for a fantastic run. This has been one of the coolest times I\'ve ever had.

You can send me questions at my new address, [email protected]\"
    I don\'t know if this was part of the April Fool\'s Joke or not but Buggs I think your insight & columns rank right up there. I think you could easily write for the THN as long as Dobber got first dibs on your work.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

mxpxillini35 wrote:

Thanks for the props Dobber. I was actually referring to Romig with the Yahoo Friends and Family League he is in. Which is a joke to watch. The league page is open for anyone to see...it\'s quite hilarious.

Anyway, I hope I could provide a few laughs along the way...although my Karma took a huge hit ...but it\'s worth it!

Also, on a side note, Aprile Pazzo is April Fool in Italian.

Looking forward to daily visits for the next few decades (at least) Dobber!

Happy April Fools everyone!

-Freddy

mxpxillini35,
    I figured from the start as well only I wasn\'t creative enough to go along with it like you. I also like to check in on the Yahoo! Friends & Family League. This & your Italian player clued me in that you thought it was a April Fool\'s Joke. I had 4 posts deleted last night after the VAN/CAL game saying the closure was a joke. I reposted several times thinking it was a site glitch. After I clued in I emailed Dobber to delete my posts that I had resubmitted. But I never had my Karma reduced. So you have my thumbs up(& my karma) for your clever jab at Dobber.

Dobber,
    I don\'t think that mxpxillini35 should have had his Karma reduced for his clever posts. I remember you posted that you could give 2 karma points. I think his clever posts & seeing through your April Fool\'s Joke deserve your \"Lord of the Site\" \"knighting\" his faithful servant with a couple of karma points.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

That\'s Dobber\'s stipulation too.

Yeah, that was part of the prank. I hoenstly had no idea this was happening, and it was a good thing I looked twice at the title of the article- April 2007- to realize what was going on. The Hockey News thing was all improv.

However, if you think I could write for THN, let them know at [email protected]. Same goes for everyone here. If you feel one of us- or all of us- are something you want to see in THN, drop them a line. This is how great publications become greater.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

mrbugg wrote:
    That\'s Dobber\'s stipulation too.

Yeah, that was part of the prank. I hoenstly had no idea this was happening, and it was a good thing I looked twice at the title of the article- April 2007- to realize what was going on. The Hockey News thing was all improv.

However, if you think I could write for THN, let them know at [email protected]. Same goes for everyone here. If you feel one of us- or all of us- are something you want to see in THN, drop them a line. This is how great publications become greater.
    Thanks for the THN address. I will definitely email them recommending you guys.

Kudos again for a prank well done & a site that is even better.

EDIT: Buggsy, The email has been sent bcc Dobber.

Post edited by: WhatThePuck?, at: 2007/04/01 16:27