Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Thanks Guys

I...am your father.

Default Thanks Guys

I appreciate all those that supported me. It was a great run. In the end, it was unsustainable. Nothing anyone could do. Thanks again.

Dobber
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Master

Default Re:Thanks Guys

Dobber, Before you go, I want you to know that you built the best fantasy hockey website I have ever been to. What you have achieved is remarkable and very appreciated. I don\'t want this site to stop. I started using fantasy hockey websites about 5 years ago. Since then I have used about 20 or 30 different sites. Yours is by far the best. None can compare. Even the pay sites that I have used are not as good.

I would pay $20 a year to belong to this site. Think about it Dobbs!!!

If you cant make it work, its a damn shame as this site has the best information, the best articles and the best website posters. Not just you and Buggs and the rest, but the common people that post comments are really knowledgeable about hockey. There is not a lot of flaming on this website which is not something most other sites can say.

Dobbs, I\'ll miss you mate. Farewell my friend.

Dobber Sports Pro

Hay dobz, can u plz snd me teh ilst of playres elgible 4 nex yer\'s drapht b4 u re-tier?
    K THX BAI.
    ZFHL
    ------------
    Ovechkin-Couture-Kovalchuk
    Benn-Ott-Eriksson
    Halischuk-Berglund-S.Thornton
    Bowman-Legwand-Mitchell
    Faulk-Orlov
    Martin-Y.Weber
    Wilson-Smid
    Niemi

Butler,Horak,Nodl,Omark,Bartulis, Carson,Demers,Staios,Garon,Schneider

PROSPECTS
    Nyquist,Bennett,Guptill,Haula,Knight, Kristo,Ranford,Rieder,Sundher,Barberio
    Dumoulin,Deslauriers,Janosik,Klefbom
    Ness,Sproul,Vatanen,Poulin

Dobber Sports Expert

what would it take to keep the site going?

Dobber Sports Genius

$20 i agree just tell me where to sign up , come on everyone this site is by far the best for fantasy info,seriously dobs\' let us know what it will take to keep this going,to pay for an excellent service is money well spent.tim horton would understand one less double double every now and then i\'m sure , lets get er done , do\'nt throw in the towel yet dobber!
    Roto type keeper league.We keep any 6 ;15 teams , 3 div. of 5.We play 3 lines , 3 def. and start 2 goalies.6 BN.Stats are 1pt. for goals and assists , 2pts. for W , tie(O.T. or S.O. loss) 1pt. S.O. 1pt.Weekly line-up from Mon. to Sun. Total pts. per line against other teams lines.

LW - Ovechkin , Drouin ,Steen , Huberdeau
    RW - Nash , Callahan , Nyquist
    C - B. Schenn , Fisher , R.N.H. , St. Louis , T. Johnson
    Def.- E. Johnson , Gologoski , Suter , Doughty , O.E.L.
    G - Scheinder , Dubnyk , Lack

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I don\'t think any of Dobber\'s information is worth anything. Paypal donations...memberships to the site? pishaw...I can get my fantasy advice from Matt Romig over at yahoo thank you very much. Romig is winning his experts pool...what\'s Dobber doing this year? Oh yeah...rebuilding...that\'s Dobbercode for LOSING!
    Y! H2H-12 Team; 6th yr - keep 14 for 12-13 season. (*kept from last year)

G,A,P,+/-,PIM,PPP,SHP,SOG,SH%, HITS
    W,GA,GAA,SA,SV,SV%,SHO

3C- *Stamkos, *Tavares, *Ribiero, Little (+RW), Brassard, Roy
    3LW- *Ovechkin, *Lupul (+RW), Jokinen (+C), McDonald (+C)
    3RW- *Kessel, *Semin (+LW), *Skinner (+C), *Voracek, Purcell
    4D- *Phanuef, *Green, Carle, Wisniewski, Ellis
    4Util
    2G- *Luongo, *Halak, *Holtby, Lindback
    IR - None (yet)

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Thank you everyone.

Here\'s what I posted elsewhere on the forum:

\"Let me tell you, there was no one more shocked than me. We on staff had no warning, none at all. Dobber had been sitting on this for some time, and I was pissed off, but I\'m sort of numb now more than anything.

But in the darkness, there\'s light. Right after Dobber let his affiliates know, a certain publication that focuses on Hockey News (wink wink) e-mailed me. They\'re more than interested in adding me to their revered staff. I\'ll be the youngest in that publication\'s history to write full-time.

In the end, I echo Dobber\'s sentiments. Thank you, everyone, for a fantastic run. This has been one of the coolest times I\'ve ever had.

You can send me questions at my new address, [email protected]\"

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Well, that\'s a sad night, that goes without saying. After Daymond No-I-Won\'t-Stop Langkow helped me stay in first place in my keeper, reading this sure is a downer.

Dobber, I won\'t be original here, but it is BY FAR the best fantasy site out there in Hockey World. Not only for the quality of the ramblings/ratings/articles/, not only for this new look and the forum, but also for the sense of community we\'ve founded coming here everyday, exchanging thoughts, getting and giving advice, and so on.

I know the idea has been raised already : just want to say I\'d also be willing to pay to keep Dobber Hockey alive. It\'s true we spend a lot of money on crappy magazines : why not make a contribution ?

Hey, we just have to drink one less beer per week. Let\'s say : 2 bucks a beer X 52 : 100 bucks. Make it really cheap and disgusting beer : 1 buck x 52 : 52 bucks. Hell, let\'s drink all we want : just 25 bucks a year would be ridiculous considering the time we spend on this site everyday, and the pleasure we find spending it.

Anyway, whatever happens, hats off, Darryl Dobbs !!!

That\'s all I can say : hats off ! And if it is an April Fool, well... :angry:

Post edited by: CaporalRadulov, at: 2007/04/01 02:22

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Thank you Dobber and the rest of your crew! The best fantasy hockey.. period. I\'ve only just started playing hockey pools this year and I have learned a lot from this site.
    I wish you and all your contributors much success!
    Cheers!
    11 Teams Keeper League
    Start 12 FWDs, 6 Ds & 2 Gs

F: Getzlaf, Perry, Backstrom, Parise, Iginla, D. Roy, Hudler, Antropov, Tanguay, Weiss, A. Kostitsyn, Huselius, Steen, Gerbe, Radulov
    D: Markov, R. Whitney, Letang, Carlson, OEL, Del Zotto, Rundblad, White, Kindl
    G: Kiprusoff, Halak, Bernier

Dobber Sports Demi-God

If it was anyone but Dobber doing this on April 1st I would probably bite hard. One of my great joys every day is to dial into this site to marvel at what an outrageous, self-righteous, SOB Dobber is and how damn good he is at this stuff.

I think you are jerking our chains Dobber. If not, oh well, guess I can eat Clowe tomorrow and then I will make you an offer for the site - you know the old buy low sell high theory.

Post edited by: Shoeless, at: 2007/04/01 07:58

Dobber Sports Demi-God

mxpxillini35 wrote:
    I don\'t think any of Dobber\'s information is worth anything. Paypal donations...memberships to the site? pishaw...I can get my fantasy advice from Matt Romig over at yahoo thank you very much. Romig is winning his experts pool...what\'s Dobber doing this year? Oh yeah...rebuilding...that\'s Dobbercode for LOSING!
    Romig?? - two April fool\'s jokes in the same thread

Dobber Sports Apprentice

mrbugg wrote:
    Thank you everyone.

Here\'s what I posted elsewhere on the forum:

\"Let me tell you, there was no one more shocked than me. We on staff had no warning, none at all. Dobber had been sitting on this for some time, and I was pissed off, but I\'m sort of numb now more than anything.

But in the darkness, there\'s light. Right after Dobber let his affiliates know, a certain publication that focuses on Hockey News (wink wink) e-mailed me. They\'re more than interested in adding me to their revered staff. I\'ll be the youngest in that publication\'s history to write full-time.

In the end, I echo Dobber\'s sentiments. Thank you, everyone, for a fantastic run. This has been one of the coolest times I\'ve ever had.

You can send me questions at my new address, [email protected]\"
    Bugg...you seem to have left out Aprile Pazzo on your 2009 draft list. The Italian is tearing it up over in Europe. Way to blow the latest article...have fun over at THN you traitor.
    Y! H2H-12 Team; 6th yr - keep 14 for 12-13 season. (*kept from last year)

G,A,P,+/-,PIM,PPP,SHP,SOG,SH%, HITS
    W,GA,GAA,SA,SV,SV%,SHO

3C- *Stamkos, *Tavares, *Ribiero, Little (+RW), Brassard, Roy
    3LW- *Ovechkin, *Lupul (+RW), Jokinen (+C), McDonald (+C)
    3RW- *Kessel, *Semin (+LW), *Skinner (+C), *Voracek, Purcell
    4D- *Phanuef, *Green, Carle, Wisniewski, Ellis
    4Util
    2G- *Luongo, *Halak, *Holtby, Lindback
    IR - None (yet)

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I just discovered you and this site this year and I have to say it was invaluable. Your projections are better than anyone else\'s and your midseason guide was a tremendous idea that gave me a huge edge. This is the first site I go to every day. Your insights and information are one of the reasons I am winning my league. My thoughts are as follows. You just didn\'t charge enough money for your services. I would pay money to join your site, and more than $20. I would also pay more for your guides. Look at what other comparable companies charge. Charge $20 for your preseason and midseason guides. Charge extra for the update right before the season starts. Charge, but don\'t quit.

Or how\'s this for an idea. Give up the site if you must, but keep putting out your draft guide. Can\'t you do that in your spare time.

I have played fantasy hockey for years and no other source of information is better than Dobber. Please let us know what we can do to keep you in the game.
    11 team one year Roto league
    Goals, Assists, PIMs, Wins, GAA
    18 man rosters
    F- Briere, Vanek, Grabovsky, Hossa, Krejci, Lecavalier, Pavelski, Hemsky, Spezza, Konopka
    D- Boyle, Edler, Phaneuf, Subban, Fowler

G- Luongo, Lehtonen, Crawford

Dobber Sports Genius

19 Straight wrote:
    I just discovered you and this site this year and I have to say it was invaluable. Your projections are better than anyone else\'s and your midseason guide was a tremendous idea that gave me a huge edge. This is the first site I go to every day. Your insights and information are one of the reasons I am winning my league. My thoughts are as follows. You just didn\'t charge enough money for your services. I would pay money to join your site, and more than $20. I would also pay more for your guides. Look at what other comparable companies charge. Charge $20 for your preseason and midseason guides. Charge extra for the update right before the season starts. Charge, but don\'t quit.

Or how\'s this for an idea. Give up the site if you must, but keep putting out your draft guide. Can\'t you do that in your spare time.

I have played fantasy hockey for years and no other source of information is better than Dobber. Please let us know what we can do to keep you in the game.
    that\'s what makes this a great site dob\'s never over charged for his info , if anything he openly shared it , april fools joke , maybe , but either way this site is by far the best , too good ! i laugh at myself because i\'ve only told one other person about it.do\'nt become a corporate jerk and fleece us dobber but i\'m sure we will all pay fairly to helt this go on and bercome the dynasty pool site it deserves to be clkassed as!
    Roto type keeper league.We keep any 6 ;15 teams , 3 div. of 5.We play 3 lines , 3 def. and start 2 goalies.6 BN.Stats are 1pt. for goals and assists , 2pts. for W , tie(O.T. or S.O. loss) 1pt. S.O. 1pt.Weekly line-up from Mon. to Sun. Total pts. per line against other teams lines.

LW - Ovechkin , Drouin ,Steen , Huberdeau
    RW - Nash , Callahan , Nyquist
    C - B. Schenn , Fisher , R.N.H. , St. Louis , T. Johnson
    Def.- E. Johnson , Gologoski , Suter , Doughty , O.E.L.
    G - Scheinder , Dubnyk , Lack

Dobber Sports Sophomore

The april fools joke might have been more effective if a week ago you said you were closing it down in a week so that people would have to look at their calanders to see that it was april 1st.

Seeing the site closed down would be a catastrophe and I think the government would have to step in like they do in other national disaster cases.