Thread: Back-ups to Back-ups!

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Back-ups to Back-ups!

Justin if anyone can help me with this I know you can! I am in a super deep 18 team league where Goalies count for 9 of the 22 scoring cats(i know its nuts) plus you must meet a minimum of 4 goalie Appearances each week.So i am always on the look-out for call-ups etc. but would like to get a jump on things if possible,what i'm looking for are the guys who will be the first to be called up in the event of an injury to a starter hence the back-up to the back-up, even if the may only get 1-2 starts and be sent down any thing would help.For example if Leclaire gets injured(shocker!) who gets called up to back-up Elliott?Thanks in advance for your help!

The King of Diatribes

It would probably be Andy Chiodo, but he's started off the season horribly for the Baby Sens. Next I BELIEVE is Jeff Glass.

If you want to find a couple of sleeper 3rd or 4th string goalies, here are some that might get an opportunity:

1. Tyler Weiman (of course)
    2. John Curry
    3. Alexander Salak (unbelievable)
    4. JASON BACASHIHUA (great start for Hershey and Neuvirth just came back from injury)
    5. Corey Crawford
    6. Manny Legace
    7. Al Montoya
    8. Matt Climie

Those are the good ones!!!

The King of Diatribes

Matt Climie just got recalled by the Stars because Turco has flu-like symptoms. Just thought that was kind of funny. Climie has had a great start to the AHL season.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Hey Justin,thanks for the info,sorry it took so long to reply, and its even funnier cause after reading your first post i picked up the only 2 guys left on the wire from your list and one of them was Climie!!! Thanks again.

The King of Diatribes

Climie might start tomorrow (I think they are in NAS) since Auld is starting tonight.

I will be super interested in this.

It's such an interesting team dynamic. How can a team like Colorado have Weiman up with the club for over a week while Budaj is sick, but he won't get into a single game (I don't care how good Anderson is playing - the dude needs a break), while Climie will get called up for MAYBE three days and probably get a start.

GUH!!!!!!!!

Dobber Sports Genius

Would'nt Lehner get the call up for the Sens , or is he gone back to his homeland?
    Roto type keeper league.We keep any 6 ;15 teams , 3 div. of 5.We play 3 lines , 3 def. and start 2 goalies.6 BN.Stats are 1pt. for goals and assists , 2pts. for W , tie(O.T. or S.O. loss) 1pt. S.O. 1pt.Weekly line-up from Mon. to Sun. Total pts. per line against other teams lines.

LW - Ovechkin , Drouin ,Steen , Huberdeau
    RW - Nash , Callahan , Nyquist
    C - B. Schenn , Fisher , R.N.H. , St. Louis , T. Johnson
    Def.- E. Johnson , Gologoski , Suter , Doughty , O.E.L.
    G - Scheinder , Dubnyk , Lack

The King of Diatribes

It's my understanding he's playing in one of the major junior leagues ... I want to say OHL??

Dobber Sports Genius

Keep an eye on Roy from the Screaming Eagles in the Q league , he was drafted by Edmonton.That's where M.A. Fleury began to show his stuff and got drafted from by the Pens.
    Roto type keeper league.We keep any 6 ;15 teams , 3 div. of 5.We play 3 lines , 3 def. and start 2 goalies.6 BN.Stats are 1pt. for goals and assists , 2pts. for W , tie(O.T. or S.O. loss) 1pt. S.O. 1pt.Weekly line-up from Mon. to Sun. Total pts. per line against other teams lines.

LW - Ovechkin , Drouin ,Steen , Huberdeau
    RW - Nash , Callahan , Nyquist
    C - B. Schenn , Fisher , R.N.H. , St. Louis , T. Johnson
    Def.- E. Johnson , Gologoski , Suter , Doughty , O.E.L.
    G - Scheinder , Dubnyk , Lack