Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Got a Question for Me? (Part 2)

I...am your father.

Default Got a Question for Me? (Part 2)

Dobber Nation - out this Monday. I will be on the show this month. Any topics for myself and Andrew to discuss? Post them here. We nailed many of the questions last time I was on, so don't be shy!
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Ace

Scoring seems to be up and a lot of "elite" goaltenders are getting smoked so far this season...are defenses and PK units going to start working out the kinks and clamping down soon or is the increase in scoring going to be a trend that lasts well into the season?
    8 Team Roto League (1-year)
    Cats: G A +/- PIMs PPP SHP SOG SH% HIT BLK GAA SV% SVS W SO
    F: Ovechkin, Stamkos, Giroux, Perry, Tavares, Eriksson, Benn, Jagr, Heatley, Alfredsson, Roy, Hanzal
    D: Phaneuf, Del Zotto, Kulikov, I. White, Goligoski, Niskanen
    G: M. Smith, Emery
    BN: C. Stewart, J. Staal, Read, Brouwer, Ward, Hedberg, Pavelec, Bachman
    IR: Letang, Giordano

Administrator

I'll just throw this out there, because it's something I'm looking to resolve in my own pool.

How about a mention of some 3rd/4th line players that fly way under the radar but could be huge additions in deep multi-category leagues. Cody McLeod and Jarkko Ruutu come to mind (recently picked up Ruutu for SHP and PIM boost). I'm almost certain that a lot of these guys have yet to come out of their shell this season. Would be nice to get some insight on who is out there that could help me out in my weak spots.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Padawan

Default Price

How nervous should Carey Price owners be getting?

The Airborne Attack
    (GFHL - 14 Team Keeper League 2016 Champions)

F: McDavid, Laine, Monahan, Simmonds, van Riemsdyk, Granlund, Schwartz, Kreider, Oshie, Trochek, Bjugstad
    D: Ekman Larsson, Carlson, Ristolainen, Parayko, Skjei, Ekblad, McNabb
    G: Price, Rinne, Halak, Montoya

Farm: Dvorak, Kaprizov, Ritchie, Rattie, Chabot, Carrick, Johns, Hutton, Sorokin

Dobber Sports Ace

Default Goalie Questions

1. Will Toronto give Gustavsson every opportunity to run with the #1 job, and how likely is it that the Toronto defensive play will turn around and provide support?

2. Angus has stated that he believes Theodore will win the #1 gig in Washington by the 30th game, and you seem pretty confident that Varlamov will win the job soon. Can you explain why you believe Varlamov will establish himself number #1?

3. After a stellar rookie campaign, getting bombed in the playoffs, and winning the Vezina...Steve Mason has gotten off to a slow start, and I can't help but ask this question:
    What are the chances he ends up like this (http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/p....php?pid=13060) guy?
    8 Team Roto League (1-year)
    Cats: G A +/- PIMs PPP SHP SOG SH% HIT BLK GAA SV% SVS W SO
    F: Ovechkin, Stamkos, Giroux, Perry, Tavares, Eriksson, Benn, Jagr, Heatley, Alfredsson, Roy, Hanzal
    D: Phaneuf, Del Zotto, Kulikov, I. White, Goligoski, Niskanen
    G: M. Smith, Emery
    BN: C. Stewart, J. Staal, Read, Brouwer, Ward, Hedberg, Pavelec, Bachman
    IR: Letang, Giordano

Dobber Sports Assistant Manager

I'll add to the goaltender train with Huet.

Is Niemi a read deal threat? Will Huet rebound and reclaim the no. 1 goalie position that seems to be fading after every Niemi start? If you have faith in Huet, how many games or at what point of the season do you see him turning it around>

Thanks!
    Gates Imbeau
    DobberHockey's HHOF - 2013 Builder's Category
    Twitter: @GM_Gates

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

During the off-season and in the guide, Claude Giroux was touted as one of the best sleepers to draft. He's gotten off to a pretty mediocre start. Will he get the opportunities to produce on a deep Philadelphia team? Will he hit at least 60 points? Does he pickup his scoring later in the year, making him droppable at this moment in regular leagues? Is VanRiemsdyk the better pickup?

Are the Colorado Avalanche for real? Their top 6 is off to a very good start. Should we be trying to buy 4th year players Stastny and Wolski? If so, how much is too much to offer for them?

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Washington Goalie Situation

Hey Dobber

Thanks for doing this!

Do you still see Varlamov taking over Theo's starting role? I've read that Boudreau's concerned about his lack of consistency and he doesn't seem to be playing like he did at the end of last season and in the playoffs. Is there any chance Neuvirth will somehow end up taking over the starter's role? I just traded for Varlamov in one of my leagues and am getting worried that I might not have made the right move.

Thanks for your help!
    H2H, 12 Teams, Full Keeper
    Skaters: G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG, FW, HIT
    Goalies: GS, W, L, GAA, SA, SV, SV%, SHO

C - McDavid, Kadri, Zibanejad, Stastny
    LW - Pacioretty, Hoffman, Brown
    RW - Pastrnak, Radulov, Neal
    D - Letang, Ellis, Edler, Muzzin, Orlov, Weber
    G - Vasilevskiy, Dubnyk, Talbot

FARM:
    C - McLeod
    LW - Bellows, DeBrusk
    RW - Aberg
    D - Makar, Nurse
    G - Sorokin, Soderstrom

Dobber Sports Newbie

who the heck is Matt Carkner (RW/D 2 pts, +3, 31 pim), and what are your projections for him?

Dobber Sports Initiate

will Anaheim continue to stink, and more directly, what is wrong with Bobby Ryan and will he pick it up?
    Mooseheads: 14 team H2H (CBS)
    +/-,G,A,DG,DA,PIM,PPP,GWG,GAA,SPct,W,
    Dress 8F,4D,2Gweekly,roster22,3Gmax
    F:Benn,Tavares,Backstrom,Galchenyuk,O'Reilly,Kuche rov,E.Kane,Radulov,N.Foligno,T.Ennis,Lee,Hartman,T ,Johnson
    D:Weber,Burns,Werenski,Vlasic,Theodore,Severson
    G:Bishop,Fleury,Mrazek

Dobber Sports Icon

What the heck is wrong with Carolina? Should I be worried about Cam Ward, who's numbers have not been great (other than a couple of good games)? I pinned my goaltending hopes on him for the foreseeable future, and am starting to worry a bit. Also, when can we expect to see Jamie McBain in the lineup?
    12 Team Dynasty, H2H (points)
    Dress 2C, 4W, 1F, 4D, 1G (Daily)
    G (3), A (2), STP (1), SHOG (1), +/- (0.5), SOG (0.2), Hits (0.2), Blk (0.2), FOW (0.1); W (5), SO (2), Sv (0.2), GA (-1)

C - Draisaitl (W), Hughes, Larkin, Trochek
    W - T.Thompson (C), Pastrnak, Reinhart, Batherson, Nichushkin, Duchene (C), Zuccarello
    D - Dahlin, Theodore, Bouchard, Faber, Werenski, Skjei
    G - Jarry, Gustavsson, Montembault
    Fm - Bordeleau, Barlow, Lucius, G.Perreault, Luneau, Perunovich, Nikishin

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Any news on Ilya Kovalchuk's foot injury?

Who needs to pick up the slack in Atlanta if Kovalchuk misses any time? Who do you see as the player(s) who take pick it up in his potential absence?

PS - I hope he doesn't miss a game.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Two things:

First, what is your prediction s on d. morris...any changes due to him getting top pp minutes?

Second, do you see a need to upgrade your predictions about any Dallas plyrs? They look scary...

thx!
    14 team, 1 year "H2H total pts" league
    g(3), a(2), +/-, ppp, pim(.5), shots(.4), saves, wins(4), so(4)

2C-
    2LW-
    2RW-
    4D-
    Util-
    2G-

Dobber Sports Expert

Is Spezza still a high 80s player, or a mid 70s?

Is Pavelec Atlanta's starting G, or will Lehtonen take over as undisputed #1 when he returns?

Can Peverley continue producing at his current pace from the third line?
    13 team Keeper, top 8F, 4D and 2G count. 1pt G/A, 2pt W/SO.
    Protect up to 500 points in a full season
    (K) denotes keeper

Keepers:

F: Draisaitl, Thompson, Thomas, Zuccarello, Konecny, Marchessault Ehlers, O'Reilly, Tarasenko, Perron, Coronato, Seguin, Atkinson, Rossi, Michkov
    D: Q Fox, Sergachev, Dobson, York, Hutson
    G: Vasilevsky, Jarry, Levi

Dobber Sports Rookie

Default Detroit

I think everyone knew Detroit's lineup would feel the affects of losing players like Samuelsson and Hudler, but does the team's early season struggles really seem to indicate that this may not be a regular Red Wing's type winning season?

Do you think there is any hope of Bertuzzi breaking through at some point this season with the extra ice-time due to Franzen's injury?

Also, I have noticed that Zetterberg is being listed as a left winger on the last few NHL game sheets but he still remains a centre on Yahoo. Will he ever get left wing status?

Thanks!