Thread: Playoff Pools Idea...

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default Playoff Pools Idea...

I\'ve been running playoff pools since god knows when, and frankly Im bored of them..I mean we pick 4 or 5 guys from you know the usual suspects the Wings and Devils to only find them out early and your playoff pool is over.

Does anyone have any ideas that are different from this style of pool? Something that keeps people more interested?
    I am the commish of the NYC of fantasy hockey: THE SCHL

www.sniperscup.com

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Re:Playoff Pools Idea...

Make your teams bigger. Having a 4 or 5 player team is way too small. Have each GM pick at least 15 guys. That\'ll add some spice to your meatloaf. Mmm! Meatloaf.

Post edited by: hoopej2, at: 2007/03/30 15:20

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

bletchley wrote:
    I\'ve been running playoff pools since god knows when, and frankly Im bored of them..I mean we pick 4 or 5 guys from you know the usual suspects the Wings and Devils to only find them out early and your playoff pool is over.

Does anyone have any ideas that are different from this style of pool? Something that keeps people more interested?
    What I did last year was have everyone pick six forwards, three defensemen, and one goalie from each conference. It didn\'t matter if people picked the same player or not and it kept it interesting...well for second place at least...as the person who won said \"oooo I like the Oilers and Hurricanes logo...\" Needless to say she won and knows NOTHING about hockey....
    12 Team H2H - Keep 8+2 NHL Rookies

G(1), A(1), GWG(1), SHG(1), HT(2), W(2), SO(3)

Weekly Line-ups - Start 6 F, 3 D, 1 G

F: Crosby, Stepan, Gaudreau, Puljujarvi, Radulov, Wheeler, Buchnevich, Burakovsky, Domi, Fiala, Hertl, A. Nylander, Reinhart, B. Ritchie
    D: Carlson, Giordano, Leddy, Ellis, Maatta, Orlov
    G: Lundqvist, Varlamov

09/10 and 10/11 Champion
    08/09 and 11/12 Runner-up

Dobber Sports Sophomore

hoopej2 wrote:
    Make your teams bigger. Having a 4 or 5 player team is way too small. Have each GM pick at least 15 guys. That\'ll add some spice to your meatloaf. Mmm! Meatloaf.<br><br>Post edited by: hoopej2, at: 2007/03/30 15:20
    Actually we each picked like 14...but I just mean guys stack up on a team and then once they\'re out it\'s over.

www.sniperscup.com

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I think CBC had a playoff pool format in which participants chose new players every round. You could try something like that if you don\'t like the \"one team\'s out and so are you\" routine.

Probably wouldn\'t work too well in draft formats though.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

I got a pool going where all guys pick any players each round. But the catch is you can only pick a player once. So if you took Spezza round 1, you can\'t use him in further rounds.

I run a serious hard core dynasty pool (www.sniperscup.com) with my own friends, but if you guys out there have $20 and can email the dough, I\'ll let anyone in it.

www.sniperscup.com