Thread: I have Turco and Varlomov anyone have any hope?

Dobber Sports Pro

Default I have Turco and Varlomov anyone have any hope?

Does TUrco have any hope left in him. I never watch the game but saw that he let in a bunch of goals! No one in my pool wants this guy do I leave him and Varlomov on my bench until they turn there act around?
    Year 18 keeper pool. 10 GM roto pool. Keep 2 Centers, 3 Wings,3 Defence,1 Goalie,1 extra. and Prospects up to 5 years after drafted if not activated.
    G, A ,PPG, PPA, Shots, Hits, Blocks, SHP,W, GAA, Sv%, SO ( goals and assist are worth 1.5 points) (shp worth .5)

Centers: S Aho, J.T Miller

Wings: M.Tkachuk, A.Svechnikov, Fiala, Giroux

Defence: Josi,Makar,Chychrun

Goalie: Georgiev

(IR)

Farm: Byfield, Byram, Mercer, Lundkvist Frost, Boldy, Comtois, Fabbro, Nemec , Barlow, Carlsson, Dvorsky,

2015 & 2016 BPKL CHAMPS!

Dobber Sports Guru

Unless you've got all kinds of goalies on the waiver wire, I'm not sure you can give up on a starting goalie and a solid prospect goalie after TWO GAMES.

I've got Luongo, and I'm not looking to drop him anytime soon.
    Points-only, Full Keeper Dynasty League
    Active roster (no starts, just total points): 12 FW, 6 D, 1 Goalie

Forwards: Kucherov, Barkov, Teravainen, Seguin, Hoffman, Lindholm, Gusev, Horvat, Meier, Perron, Schwartz, Johansen, Pavelski, Buchnevich, Hischier, Granlund, Bracco

Defense: Josi, Dahlin, Letang, Gostisbehere, Ekman-Larsson, Petry, Slavin, Keith, Matheson

Goal: Lehner, Holtby, Varlamov

Farm: Soderstrom, York, Woo, Tracey, Dorofeyev

Dobber Sports Pro

Yeah I was not planing on droping either of them just in panic mode a bit because every year I try new goalies hoping to have one hit. I got Turco last year in a trade and he has done nothing but hurt me lol. Anyways my goalies hurt my team every year. I am very lucky I have Mason
    Year 18 keeper pool. 10 GM roto pool. Keep 2 Centers, 3 Wings,3 Defence,1 Goalie,1 extra. and Prospects up to 5 years after drafted if not activated.
    G, A ,PPG, PPA, Shots, Hits, Blocks, SHP,W, GAA, Sv%, SO ( goals and assist are worth 1.5 points) (shp worth .5)

Centers: S Aho, J.T Miller

Wings: M.Tkachuk, A.Svechnikov, Fiala, Giroux

Defence: Josi,Makar,Chychrun

Goalie: Georgiev

(IR)

Farm: Byfield, Byram, Mercer, Lundkvist Frost, Boldy, Comtois, Fabbro, Nemec , Barlow, Carlsson, Dvorsky,

2015 & 2016 BPKL CHAMPS!

Dobber Sports Icon

Turco was awful last night, and caused me to lose save percentage category by two measly hundreds of a percentage point. All 4 goals were stoppable, and the 4th goal (Penner) was ridiculous - all Turco had to do was hug his post and stay up, instead he slowly fell over and Penner just lifted it over him, atrocious. The first game against Nashville he played ok, but still let in 2 goals that were somewhat soft. I'd love to hear Justin's thoughts, because that off-season work Turco does not appear to have helped based on what I've seen so far.

That said, it's very early, and I would highly recommend AGAINST dropping the likes of Turco, Varlamov, Luongo and other struggling starting goalies.

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

Twitter: @ross10019

CBS Sportsline 14 team H2H keeper (21-man roster, 14 keepers)
    Weekly lineup changes (start 9F (3/4C and 6/5W) 5D 2G)
    G, A, PPP, SOG, BS, +/-, GAA, W, SV%

Angry Little Elves (formerly Montreal Maulers)
    2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 League Champions
    C: Tavares Hintz Larkin Jenner Seguin Schenn Backlund
    W: Panarin Marchand Hyman Keller Forsberg Batherson Rust Moore Smith
    D: Josi Hamilton Weegar Montour Ekholm Myers Parayko Pettersson Seeler
    G: Vasilevskiy Swayman Kuemper

The Great One

Don't panic...first of all, Turco always starts off slow, but he will be the guy in Dallas all season. Don't worry about him.

As for Varlamov, he is still young and prone to mistakes and mental let downs. He has huge potential playing for Washington because even if he lets in one or two soft goals a game, Washington on most nights will score more than enough to make up for it. That said, Theodore is there for one more year and is motivated to earn his next contract. Somehow I doubt he will resign with Washington even if he has a good year, but that doesn't take away from the fact that he might very well retain his starting role all season this year, or at least platoon with Varlamov.

I know Varlamov might win the starting job out-right, but there is no guarantee despite all the hype surrounding him after his playoff run last season.

If this is a keeper league, you have to be patient with Varlamov because he will be the starter next season no matter what Theodore does this year (at least that is my opinion). And even if this isn't a keeper league, Varlamov is worth holding onto just in case he wins the starting job out-right. Heck, even if he platoons with Theodore for most of the year, he will still likely get close to 20 wins, so that isn't horrible by any stretch.

Like you said, you are lucky enough to have Mason, so make sure you ride him as much as possible and fill in your other starting position with Turco, Huet, and Varlamov until one of those three gets on track.

Definitely no reason to panic this early. You have a solid goaltending situation and just need to be patient.

Dobber Sports Icon

All that said, Varlamov owners may wish to avoid reading this excellent post on Japer's Rink:
    http://www.japersrink.com/2009/10/7/...ween-the-pipes

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

Twitter: @ross10019

CBS Sportsline 14 team H2H keeper (21-man roster, 14 keepers)
    Weekly lineup changes (start 9F (3/4C and 6/5W) 5D 2G)
    G, A, PPP, SOG, BS, +/-, GAA, W, SV%

Angry Little Elves (formerly Montreal Maulers)
    2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 League Champions
    C: Tavares Hintz Larkin Jenner Seguin Schenn Backlund
    W: Panarin Marchand Hyman Keller Forsberg Batherson Rust Moore Smith
    D: Josi Hamilton Weegar Montour Ekholm Myers Parayko Pettersson Seeler
    G: Vasilevskiy Swayman Kuemper