Thread: Jonas Hiller

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Jonas Hiller

I know this has probably been asked a thousand times here , but is Hiller the long term option in Anaheim? I just traded for him in my keeper league. I figure that he will be a starter in the NHL long-term but will Anaheim keep him as the starter long-term if they can't move Giguere, which is very possible considering his cap hit. I think Hiller is better off in Anaheim than in most places and i'm kinda worried they might keep Giguere and that puts Hiller in a Bryzgalov-like situation.
    Last edited by alexmullen4180; September 28, 2009 at 10:52 PM.
    20 Team League 25 man rosters keep 10

The Warriors:Current Keepers

C: Logan Couture
    LW: Max Pacioretty
    RW: Corey Perry
    D: PK Subban, Dustin Byfuglien
    G: Kari Lehtonen
    Others: Jeff Carter, Patrick Sharp, Jeff Skinner, Charlie Coyle

Dobber Sports Sage

Hiller is much better than Bryzgalov...which is why Anaheim moved Bryzgalov - to allow Hiller to play in the NHL. However, I really see Giguere stealing the starting job back this year.

That being said, I think Hiller is an excellent long term option because he's young and he's, well, good. You might not be thrilled this year if he takes a back seat to Giguere, but don't give up on him and don't trade him for under value. He's a good goalie to have.
    @tlucarelli on twitter

Dobber Sports Demi-God

I would not be thrilled about owning Hiller, Varlamov or Rinne in one year leagues - I think they all live tenuously - however, long term you want anyone of them I think.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by duballstar014 View Post
    Hiller is much better than Bryzgalov...which is why Anaheim moved Bryzgalov - to allow Hiller to play in the NHL. However, I really see Giguere stealing the starting job back this year.

That being said, I think Hiller is an excellent long term option because he's young and he's, well, good. You might not be thrilled this year if he takes a back seat to Giguere, but don't give up on him and don't trade him for under value. He's a good goalie to have.
    only cause you need him to reclaim the starting spot and you cant get Hiller off me!
    UFHP - Y! 12 GMs - 23/8 pro/farm - keep 17 + all farm
    G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG, Hits, FW; GS, W, L, GA, GAA, SA, SV, SV%, SHO

C: Backstrom, Crosby, Little, Zetterberg, Rask
    LW: Foligno, Ehlers, Skinner, Hartnell, Jokinen, Ladd
    RW: Tarasenko, Kessel, Nash, Marner
    D: Keith, Karlsson, Klingberg, Werenski, Barrie, Manson
    G: Price, Murray, Andersen

Farm:
    C: Keller
    LW: Fiala, Heinen
    RW: Gurianov
    D: Sergachev, Beaulieu, Manning, Borowiecki
    G: Forsberg, Driedger