Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Dobber Pirate League Season 2

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by joos View Post
    I think last yr in the playoffs we had like 5-7 moves per week and it worked out pretty fine. I don't expect or hope that anyone in this league would do the add/drop their whole team strategy. :P
    Even 1,2 or 3 streams in the playoffs just to get extra games in seems cheap to me. I feel that you should go in to, and stick with, the team that you've assembled over the course of the season. You shouldnt be able to bail yourself out if guys go dead cold. Thats the risk everybody runs. Injuries during the playoffs should be the only reason. If a guy misses 1 game, or is reported to be missing a game due to injury(we'll know before hand), then you could drop him. Once again, just my opinion.

P.S. I think 1 IR spot is not enough. What the hell happens if you have Crosby, Shea Weber and Alex Semin all going on the IR at the same time, but they wont be gone for more than 2 weeks? Are you really going to want to drop them? Nope. Are you going to wanto to have them rot on the bench for all that time? Nope. It just doesnt seem fair, even with 4 bench guys. I think at least 2, preferably 3 IR spots are necessary.
    Last edited by NYR9394; September 2, 2009 at 7:31 PM.

Dobber Sports Master

You should set up a social group for this pool, just like Commish did.
    30 GM Commish Dynasty
    G A +/- PIM PPP SOG W GAA SV
    Start: 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 4D, 1Utl, 1G
    C:Savard,Filpulla,Arnott,Ott,Boyd,Weight,Rupp
    LW:Heatley,Morrow,Sullivan,Tambellini,Bissonnette, Pierro-Zabotel
    RW: Hemsky,Backes,Orr,Tikhonov,Artyukhin,Ortmeyer
    D:EJ,Ehrhoff,Hjalmarsson,Babchuk,Commodore
    G: M.A.Fleury,Deslauriers,Koskinen,Monnino

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Thats actually not a bad idea, but I think more people focus on the boards than they do those community social groups. I know I do. So if important issues are discussed, chances are that I wont see them because I dont make too many points to visit those things.

Dobber Sports Stud

3 IR spots is a bit excessive... 2 IR should be sufficient.
    If the off-chance that you have 3 IR players, 2 IR and 1 parked on the bench while you have to drop a depth guy.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by Nieuwendyk View Post
    3 IR spots is a bit excessive... 2 IR should be sufficient.
    If the off-chance that you have 3 IR players, 2 IR and 1 parked on the bench while you have to drop a depth guy.
    I personally dont think it's excessive, but I can see your point. Plus, with that many teams/players, how valueable will your last bench guy really be? Not very.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

i'm up for anything, just let me know what's decided. what i want is a lot of trading, and a friendly but competitive league. personally, come playoff time, i really enjoy no pickups whatsoever. it adds to the intensity. if your main scorer goes down you have to really hope your other players do their job. this also gives the lower seeded team a chance to beat the upper tier team. real nhl playoff hockey has a lot of momentum shifts, so our fantasy momentum shift can be an injury to the other team lol.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by praba View Post
    i'm up for anything, just let me know what's decided. what i want is a lot of trading, and a friendly but competitive league.
    Agreed. My main league last year only had 4 trades, and I was involved in 3 of them.

personally, come playoff time, i really enjoy no pickups whatsoever. it adds to the intensity. if your main scorer goes down you have to really hope your other players do their job. this also gives the lower seeded team a chance to beat the upper tier team. real nhl playoff hockey has a lot of momentum shifts, so our fantasy momentum shift can be an injury to the other team lol.

Here I disagree. Nobody on your roster is going to replace a Kovalchuk, a Semin or a Datsyuk if they go down in the playoffs. You're just basically playing a man short. At least a replacement is going to give you a chance at making up some of that automatically lost production.

And remember, this is still fantasy hockey, not the real NHL hockey.

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by NYR9394 View Post
    Thats actually not a bad idea, but I think more people focus on the boards than they do those community social groups. I know I do. So if important issues are discussed, chances are that I wont see them because I dont make too many points to visit those things.
    I'm just giving a heads up.

The Comish League was asked to move so I would not be surprised to see the same thing happen to this thread.
    30 GM Commish Dynasty
    G A +/- PIM PPP SOG W GAA SV
    Start: 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 4D, 1Utl, 1G
    C:Savard,Filpulla,Arnott,Ott,Boyd,Weight,Rupp
    LW:Heatley,Morrow,Sullivan,Tambellini,Bissonnette, Pierro-Zabotel
    RW: Hemsky,Backes,Orr,Tikhonov,Artyukhin,Ortmeyer
    D:EJ,Ehrhoff,Hjalmarsson,Babchuk,Commodore
    G: M.A.Fleury,Deslauriers,Koskinen,Monnino

Dobber Sports Ninja

Though this one is still looking for people to join it. Perhaps when it is full up that might be a good time to move it over, I agree.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

nuck i promise once we have our members we'll leave haha. few more days should do the trick

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Any more room? If so, I'd like to join!
    H2H (10 Team): G, A, PIM, PPP, SOG, Hits, Blocked Shots - W, GAA, Sv%, SO
    Keep 4; Play 2C, 2RW, 2LW, 1F, 4D, 1UTL, 2G

C: Crosby, Johansen, Stepan, Johnson
    RW: Simmonds, Backes, Toffoli, Okposo, Brouwer
    LW: Ovechkin, Lucic, Landeskog, Palat
    D: Karlsson, Josi, Shattenkirk, Gudas, Parayko
    G: Holtby, Allen, Talbot

Dobber Sports Prodigy

im okay with any of the rules
    i loves H2H

competitive and active gm
    lemme know if i can join

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

That would make 12 with Kech, Praba. Or are you waiting for guys with higher post counts to want to join, so that you can drop the imaginary "waiting list" and just put them in instead?

Dobber Sports Prodigy

i just lurk a lot!

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by kech View Post
    i just lurk a lot!
    Hahaha....creepy.