Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Dobber Pirate League Season 2

Dobber Sports Initiate

I like 3C-3LW-3RW-4D-2U-2G but that's just my opinion

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

just throwing this out, anyway we can make a rule that (lets say we have 4 starting defender spots), each team must have minimum 4 non-ir defenders on their team? i just dont like it how most teams will draft only 2 or 3 and use the additional spot for a forward

Dobber Sports Stud

praba, it sounds like you're wanting to increase the number of D-men. I have no clue if it's possible in the league settings to set that kind of parameters.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

no i dont care how many dman we have, i am just saying i dont want teams to be using the strategy of drafting one less dman and drafting a forward instead. we can use 2 starting dmen or 3 it makes no difference to me.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by Kickerz View Post
    I am just curious why are you guys against losses?

It makes you think about playing a goalie. You may get W, GS, saves, but you suffer form losses. It was a cat I did no think I would like last year, but it actually made it pretty interesting for me to figure out what to do. Just a thought.

Last year we had 10 player categories, and 9 Goalie Categories. It was too much.

Sorry to respond to this so late, the site like crashed last night and I couldnt get back on before I went to sleep. Anyway, losses is just a bad idea. When have losses ever been a good thing in real life or in fantasy sports? Plus, this isnt soccer. Teams dont lose 1-0 or 2-1 too often anymore.(especially those teams that play Washington, Pittsburgh and Detroit 6 times) If you're worried about a goalie losing a given matchup, chances are you're going to be more worried about the GAA & SV% getting blown up than just the loss itself. Having losses is redundant.You always have to make goalie decisions based on matchup anyway. You're not gonna say "well, I was going to play Kari Lehtonen vs. Ovechkin, but im afaid to take a loss." No, you're afraid of giving up 5 goals in the 1st period and getting pulled. Including losses as a cat wasnt going to change that mentality.

I can justify PIM's as a category, even though it takes away chances for every single other offensive category. I cannot see a justification for losses. Especially when GAA and SV% are already categories. It's pointless.

And 19 categories is just waaaaaay too much.
    Last edited by NYR9394; September 2, 2009 at 1:36 PM.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by tryhard87 View Post
    I like 3C-3LW-3RW-4D-2U-2G but that's just my opinion
    I still see nothing wrong with this setup.

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by praba View Post
    no i dont care how many dman we have, i am just saying i dont want teams to be using the strategy of drafting one less dman and drafting a forward instead. we can use 2 starting dmen or 3 it makes no difference to me.
    That's a pretty picky rule, but I am fine with it as long as I don't have to look at each GM's profile each day and make sure they have 4 non-IR d-men on their team everyday.

EDIT: So your rule in essence is: Each team must have a minimum of d-men as there are d-men slots.
    Last edited by Nieuwendyk; September 2, 2009 at 2:30 PM.

Dobber Sports Genius

I dont mind 3 @ each forward position + 4D + 2G... you could add 2 util or not... doesnt matter... I would just want a bigger bench then, that would give us a deeper set of players to use.

As for the stats, I am fine with the norm type stats. As for being goalie heavy... I wouldnt mind a 33% split.. maybe even up to 40%. Anything less than 33% would be to low IMO.
    14 GM H2H Salary Cap League (Salaries not Caps)
    Stats:G A +/- PIM PPG PPA SHP GWG SOG FW HITS|W GAA SV SV% SHO
    Start: 2C,2LW,2RW,4D,2UTIL,2G
    Prospect Farm (<92GP skaters, <60 goalies)

Dobber Pro League Wales Division - Roto
    Stats: G,A,+/-,PiM,PPP,SOG|W,GAA,Saves
    Start: 4C,4L,4R,6D,2G (Weekly changes)
    2010 - 3rd place
    2009 - 3rd place

Dobber Sports Ace

Newy...Of course we know who Joe is...But trying to spell his name after not seeing it for so long is tricky.

If we have 12 squads, I like 3C, 3Lw, 3Rw, 4 D, 2G, +4 Bench

I am not stuck to Goalie loses. So we can remove that. The rules will be set and firm before we begin. No worries regarding that. Praba, I don't like enforcing everyone to run 4 D man. I always ran 4 last year, despite others picking up extra FWDS. This year, with 4 Bench spots as opposed to 2, you probably won't see that too often.

I would not mind seeing a little more of a restriction on the add drops this year. Possibly restricting it to 35 from 70. That would also stir up more need for trades.
    2010-2011 Team Try Hard League Champion
    2009-2010 Dobber Pirate League Champion
    2009-2010 Dobber Elite League Champion

I'm the best! Dutch is the Worst.

Dobber Sports Genius

to be honest, i think a bench of like 6 would be better and promote more trading. i also suggest to put in a lot of speciality stats so that a bigger variety of players are chosen etc.

From my experience, if we do have a max add/drop... it should be around 40-50. While having less adds/drop might promote trading, ultimately, i think it might work in the opposite fashion. Its just one less thing they can do on a day-to-day basis. Dont get me wrong though, i would like some sort of max moves just to avoid the daily drop and add strategy lol.

2010 - 3rd place
    2009 - 3rd place

Dobber Sports Stud

Bench of 6 (or more) might be too big. On the flip side, you could encourage hoarding and less trades. I would like to see 4-5 Bench with 1-2 IR.

No problems with the low add/drop number. Kickerz and joos looks comfortable with ~40.

Administrator

Perhaps a max moves per week. That quelled things in my league last year, and avoids the issue of people saving their moves to do it during playoffs.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

I think their should be a "no moves except for injuries" clause for playoff time. Playoff streaming is just so cheap.

I like 4 or 5 bench spots. Anything else is a bit much. I also think 50 moves is fair over the course of the season. It's pretty much between the suggested 70 & 35. Normal poolies tend to make around 35-40 moves. 50 would ensure enough moves are given.

Administrator

Not sure I love no moves except for injuries during the playoffs, there are still tactical moves that can be made but it's not something that I'd argue if others were for it.

4-5 bench spots works for me. A backup for each position would be ideal. So 5 bench spots. I like the idea of only 1 IR slot but depending on the size of the roster I'd be more in favour of 2. I like 1 because it forces you to really make decisions when the injury bug starts circulating.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Dobber Sports Genius

I think last yr in the playoffs we had like 5-7 moves per week and it worked out pretty fine. I don't expect or hope that anyone in this league would do the add/drop their whole team strategy. :P

2010 - 3rd place
    2009 - 3rd place