Thread: Savard vs. Gonchar

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default Savard vs. Gonchar

Year two of a 14 team yahoo keeper league where we keep five players each (1goalie max), team and categories in sig (I think). Been pondering my five for a while now, and I've gotten as far as locking in Parise, Kovalchuk, Phaneuf, and Luongo. My problem is deciding on the fifth.Â*

Weber was giving me fits at first, but I later decided that I would leave him unprotected and hope that he falls back to me in the second or third round, possibly even the first, depending on who I decide to keep. I've been back and forth with the owners of the big three, and have yet to convince them of even considering moving them, let alone decided on a package which would seal the deal. This brings me to my problem:

Savard or Gonchar.

Who should I keep? I'm quite sure that whichever I let go won't be available for me to redraft, as I have the last pick of the first round. 14th overall.Â*

I'm hoping that this is an easier decision for everyone else than it is for me. I could really use as much advice as you guys are willing to dish out. Thanks in advance. Â*Â*Â*
    Yahoo Rotisserie Keeper League

14 Teams, 6 keepers, G, A, +/-, PIM, PPG, PPA, SHP, GWG, FW, W, GAA, SV%, SHO
    C- E. Staal, B. Richards, Kadri, Lecavalier, B. Sutter
    W- Parise, Downie, Galchenyuk, Eriksson, Perron, Neil, Atkinson
    D- Chara, Enstrom, Ehrhoff, Fowler, McDonagh
    G- Rask, B. Elliott

Dobber Sports Giant

id keep gonchar. d-men are alot harder to come by than centers. webber has a good upside to so id think about getting him back first ruond.IMO

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Gonchar, 60-70 pts Dmen are few and far between. Savard is a key player but you can fill that spot easier.

To be honest though, I bet if you crunched some numbers ( as i have in my league on hockeypoolgeek ) you might find that Weber is more valuable than both of them.

Just a thought.
    14 Team H2H
    Keep: 7Skaters,1Goalie
    G,A,P,PPP,SHP,GWG,SOG,HITS,PIM,+/-
    W,GAA,SVS,SV%,SHO
    *Parise, Neal, Benn, St.Louis
    Skinner, Weber, Luongo*

12 Team H2H
    Keep: 7Players
    G,A,PPP,SOG,PIM,FW,HIT,BLK
    W,GAA,SV%,SHO
    *Backes, Benn, Seguin, Parise
    Skinner, Neal, Lundqvist*

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Oh, I'm all too aware of Weber's value in my league. I'd like to keep all seven of the players we're talking about, but out of my three extra, Weber has the lowest name-value (for now), so I figure he's the safest bet to throw back there and reacquire through the draft.

K, so, so far, that's Gonchar 2, Savard 0.
    Yahoo Rotisserie Keeper League

14 Teams, 6 keepers, G, A, +/-, PIM, PPG, PPA, SHP, GWG, FW, W, GAA, SV%, SHO
    C- E. Staal, B. Richards, Kadri, Lecavalier, B. Sutter
    W- Parise, Downie, Galchenyuk, Eriksson, Perron, Neil, Atkinson
    D- Chara, Enstrom, Ehrhoff, Fowler, McDonagh
    G- Rask, B. Elliott