- P. O'Sullivan
    - P. Bouchard
    - 4th overall
    - M. Smith
    - V. Toskala

I give:
    -M. Cammalleri
    -T. Thomas

I was kinda after that 4th overall to go after Gustafsson (these deals would give me both options in TOR)

Problem with the second deal is I don't know if I can keep O'Sullivan

Any thoughts? do you value Turris that much?

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

You say your goal tending is very thin. How does the 1st option make any sense? Toskala might not even have the starting job at the end of the year, but Thomas will (with fernandez not being resigned), why have 2 players (toskala+gustafsson) when 1 player (thomas) can do it, and likely better. Turris and Phoenix are not doing so hot, and don't look to change too much. Brown should have a good year as LA should be on the up and up. But I still say no, bad deal as it doesn't really address your problems. If you're trading Kane, get a real #1 goalie, I'm sure if you shopped kane you could get a good goalie.

Option 2:
    You get smith, who should have a better year as the Lightening should have a better year. But still don't see the whole point if you're trying to improve your goal tending. You're trading a goalie who is on a great team and has a few years left for shaky at best goalies.

I'd say no to both and try and find a better deal that involves a lot better goalies.
    16 team rotto 17 players, 9 keepers+1 maturing prospect
    G, A, +/-, PIM, PPA,PPG, SHP, Hits, Wins, GAA, SV%, SO
    2C,2L,2R,2F,4D,1G

Roster (Keepers=*)
    Forwards:*Stamkos (C), *Zetterberg (C/L), *Seguin (C/RW), *St. Louis (RW), *Franzen, Gallagher, Purcell, + other scrubs
    Dmen: *Weber, *Chara, Timonen, Beauchemin, Frazer
    Goalies: *Luongo, *Howard

Farm: Strome, Grigorenko (C) , Silfverberg (RW), Ellis (D), Elliot (D), Rundblad (D), Lack (G)

Dobber Sports Genius

I have to agree. It makes absolutely no sense to trade Thomas. Simple as that. Jtitan makes an excellent point in why have 2 goalies do the job of 1? And those 2 would probably do a lot worse.

Trade 1- No. Kane AND Thomas?! This is how I see it.

4th + Toskala for Thomas... I stated above why it makes no sense.

Brown + Turris for Kane... I think its obvious what most would want. Turris is still 3-4 yrs away from even sniffing production like Kane... and by then, Kane will probably be @ the next level. Yah Brown is decent but not enough for the difference.

Trade 2 - refer to jtitan lol.
    14 GM H2H Salary Cap League (Salaries not Caps)
    Stats:G A +/- PIM PPG PPA SHP GWG SOG FW HITS|W GAA SV SV% SHO
    Start: 2C,2LW,2RW,4D,2UTIL,2G
    Prospect Farm (<92GP skaters, <60 goalies)

Dobber Pro League Wales Division - Roto
    Stats: G,A,+/-,PiM,PPP,SOG|W,GAA,Saves
    Start: 4C,4L,4R,6D,2G (Weekly changes)
    2010 - 3rd place
    2009 - 3rd place

Dobber Sports Ace

Capretto, if you could list your current keepers, I think that would be helpful...

okay, needless to say, this is my trade offer, so I'll get that out there...and I'm willing work at it to get something done if possible.

Once Capretto lists his team, I think the statement "It makes absolutely no sense to trade Thomas" becomes rather absurd. Thomas is at the pinnacle of his value, and will be splitting time as early as 2010-2011 with Rask. By the time Capretto begins contending, Thomas is long and gone. Trading Thomas at his highest value makes the most sense. The method and results by which you trade him are up for grabs, but the decision to trade him is a good one.

As for Kane, yeah, it's in your best interest to decline that offer. Not a good move.

Cammalleri for 4th overall, Bouchard, and O'Sullivan is solid, and I'm trying to be objective here...Bouchard and O'Sullivan become solid options in light of your keepers. Maybe you can get better value for Cammalleri. I would shop him around...

enough from me, but I had to disagree with the statement about Thomas...there's more to it that current production. Thomas is useless when your team will contend, so why not use his value now to prep for the future? Smith and/or Toskala/Gustaffson may not be valuable at all to you, but that's what I had to offer. But I would definitely shop him around and determine if you can get a better goaltending and keeper forward situation by trading him and/or Cammalleri now.
    Last edited by jdreed3184; July 23, 2009 at 12:31 PM.
    H2H Dynasty, 16 Team Salary: G, A, PPP, SOG, Hits, BKS, SHTOI, W, Sv%, Saves, GA%, (4C, 4RW, 4LW, 6D, 1G)

C: Crosby, Malkin, Larkin, Hartman, McBain, Joshua
    RW: Rantanen, Konecny, Strome, Batherson, Zetterland
    LW: Buchnevich, Ehlers, Marchessault, Bertuzzi, Acciari
    D: McNabb, Ferraro, Hakanpaa, Lyabushkin, Samuelsson, Bernard-Docker, Emberson
    G: Merzlikens, Daccord, Samsonov
    Prospects: Kurich, Lucius, Pelletier, Cristall, Yurov, Beckman, Brisson, Dean, Phillips, Poitras

Dobber Sports Apprentice

(grabs popcorn)

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by JTitan View Post
    If you're trading Kane, get a real #1 goalie, I'm sure if you shopped kane you could get a good goalie.

I'd say no to both and try and find a better deal that involves a lot better goalies.
    This sums it up IMO. You are moving the 2 best players in both deals - and definitely not getting enough back in return - especially to help your goaltending.

Good luck.

Cheers.

Dobber Sports Legend

I would pass on both deals.

They are trying to package a bunch of pieces for an exceptional piece.

Pat Kane should be nearly untouchable (NO ONE is untouchable, but unlikely) and I would not move fried Cammalleri without seeing what he does with the CH on his chest.

Just my 2-cents.

Good luck.
    8-GM / WK-H2H
    Forwards: G=2, A=1, PP/SH= +1, GWG= +2, Shootout G=1, HT= +1
    D-Men/Captain: G=3/A=2
    Goalies: W=3, OTL=1, SO= +2, SV= .10

Start = 13F, 6D, 2G / Keep 44 (3G)
    Captain: Matthews
    (F): MacKinnon, Pasta, Marner, Rantanen, Malkin, Barkov, M.Tkachuk, W.Nylander, Pettersson, Gaudreau, Laine, Keller, Miller, B.Tkachuk, Stutzle, DeBrincat, L.Raymond, K.Johnson, Cozens, Quinn, Guenther, Kulich, Cooley
    (D): Makar, Dahlin, Q.Hughes, Ekblad, Rielly, Werenski, Letang, Jones, Chychrun,
    Seider, Edvinsson, Jiricek, Korchinski, Mintyukov, Ceulemans, Hutson
    (G): Shesterkin, Demko, Vejmelka

Dobber Sports Stud

Both deals are garbage as stated by others.

I'll only comment on how Thomas does not need to be traded before the season starts. Unless your league works differently, Thomas may fetch even more if he's firing on all cylinders midseason and a contending team needs goaltending help.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quite simply you are getting robbed in both deals. Don't do it!
    12 team Yahoo H2H Keeper League (keep 6)
    G, A, P, +/-, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG
    W, L, GAA, SV%, SO

2C - Stamkos
    2LW - Benn
    2RW - Laine, Marner
    4D - Josi
    1Util -
    2G - Rask