Thread: Kariya for Elias

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Kariya for Elias

This is for a 1 year roto league.

Someone in my league is trying to shed a center for a wing and has Elias. At this point he doesn\'t know that Elias should end up getting dual eligibility. Last year on our scoring system Kariya scored 395 points where as Elias scored 385 pints.

In my mind Kariya\'s production will likley go down on a less offensive team/non contract year while Elias can only improve on a season that was likley an abberation. Plus I figure Sutter won\'t run as a defensivly orientated of a system.

This individual, would likley try to go for this deal straight up but I\'m trying to convince him that I need to get some extra value out of the deal since I\'m trading LW for C. Should I just go ahead and make the 1 for 1 deal or try to get extra value with a 4 man swap ie McCabe for Bouwmeester also.

10 Team Yahoo Points League

C: E.Staal, Nylander
    RW: Bouchard, Hossa
    LW: Parise, Michalek
    W: Huselius
    F: Vanek
    D: Niedermayer, Corvo, Weber, Timmonen
    G: Luongo, Miller
    BN: Bergeron, Pitkanen, Ray Whitney, Kuba, Mcdonald Ward
    IR: Ryan Whitney

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Default Re:Kariya for Elias

I pretty much concur with your assessment - Kariya likely won\'t suck back though, his production last year was under duress of losing Sully dealing with Forsberg and line-up changes almost daily - I think he will achieve about the same as his mumbers for last year. Elias will not do what he did last year - Gomez and Gionta spent alot of time injured and because the 2nd line clicked he didn\'t get quality replacements to play with. I think this year he will climb back up.

Good for you for trying to lever a D upgrade - that takes cajones when you know the basic deal is likely in your favor anyway.

Good luck on getting it.

Hanson Brothers is a righteous nick for you - I suppose FantasyHockey Slut was taken huh?

Post edited by: Shoeless, at: 2007/10/03 22:52

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Shoeless wrote:

Hanson Brothers is a righteous nick for you - I suppose FantasyHockey Slut was taken huh?<br><br>Post edited by: Shoeless, at: 2007/10/03 22:52
    Ya I suppose I could have taken fantasy hockey slut, but I like the ring to my handle. Plus its also the name of my teams.

I\'ve now offered Kariya and Rafalski for Elias and McCabe. I\'m pretty sure I\'ve used my leverage to get me into a deal he\'ll have to accept.

10 Team Yahoo Points League

C: E.Staal, Nylander
    RW: Bouchard, Hossa
    LW: Parise, Michalek
    W: Huselius
    F: Vanek
    D: Niedermayer, Corvo, Weber, Timmonen
    G: Luongo, Miller
    BN: Bergeron, Pitkanen, Ray Whitney, Kuba, Mcdonald Ward
    IR: Ryan Whitney

Dobber Sports Demi-God

It will be interesting to see at the end of the day if McCabe is much of an upgrade over Rafalski in a roto league. but even if he isn\'t the Elias thing will stand up I think.

I stay away from McCabe because of his +/- and injury issues - but things look to be generally improved for the Leafs this year so likely McCabe will have a good year.