Thread: stastny for kostitsyn

Dobber Sports Stud

Default stastny for kostitsyn

I play in a sim league using the APBA sim software.

At or near the start of the season I traded the rights to Stastny for Kostitsyn on the assumption KOS has greater upside.

watching his highlights for the habs the other night showed me he has the skills at speed to be a factor

BUT

did I make a mistake ?
    Consider Sim Hockey because guys who play shutdown minutes, deflect shots and clear creases build championships. Yet in fantasy they litter the unwanted UFA lists.

Dobber Sports Icon

Default Re:stastny for kostitsyn

I don\'t know man... I\'d take a proven young guy (stastny) over a young guy with \"potential\" and \"great skill\" any day.

Potential is just that: \"potential.\" They COULD do well, and they COULD do badly in the future. You never really know. In my mind, unless there\'s a larger age gap (than there is in this instance), I keep the guy who\'s already proven himself and putting up great numbers.

Why trade someone who\'s giving Malkin a run for his money for rookie of the year honors?

I don\'t think that this will hurt you too badly in the future, but I\'m just saying that it might not have been the most favorable trade for you.
    12 Team Dynasty League w/ Salary Cap (Updated: 3/23/2011)
    (CBS Sports Commissioner's League)
    Maximum Salary Cap: 70.5 million
    Roster Limit(s):
    Total: 23 + 2 available IR slot
    Active: C, C, C, W, W, W, W, D, D, D, D, G, G
    23 + 1 Man Roster (69.62 million) - 17 Keepers
    - Crosby (IR), Carter, Tavares, Duchene, Anisimov, Desharnais
    - Ovechkin, Giroux, Downie, Hall (LTIR), Tanguay, Samuelsson, Whitney, Justin Williams, Zuccarello
    - Green, Phaneuf, Doughty, Letang, Carlson, Karlsson
    - Price, Halak, Neuvirth, Varlamov
    Scoring Setup: W, L, GA, Saves, SO
    G, A, PIM, PPG, PPA, SHG, SHA, SOG, GWG, HT, FOW

Dobber Sports Stud

yeah, with the current numbers stating at me, stastny is currently worth hefty loads more than kos is.
    I will just hope that samsonov gets the boot and kos gets his ice time and more next season.
    Consider Sim Hockey because guys who play shutdown minutes, deflect shots and clear creases build championships. Yet in fantasy they litter the unwanted UFA lists.

Dobber Sports Initiate

I wouldn\'t feel TOO bad. Sure, the trade doesn\'t look great in hindsight, but who knew?

If it makes you feel any better, I like Kostitsyn\'s chances. If the Habs can lose Samsonov and Kovalev, they\'ll have a great young nucleus that includes Ryder, Plekanec, Latendresse (I really like this guy), Kostitsyn, Streit, Bouillon, and even the erstwhile stick-swinger Perezhogin. Not to mention their up-and-coming goalies...

Dobber Sports Genius

Steffen wrote:
    I wouldn\'t feel TOO bad. Sure, the trade doesn\'t look great in hindsight, but who knew?

If it makes you feel any better, I like Kostitsyn\'s chances. If the Habs can lose Samsonov and Kovalev, they\'ll have a great young nucleus that includes Ryder, Plekanec, Latendresse (I really like this guy), Kostitsyn, Streit, Bouillon, and even the erstwhile stick-swinger Perezhogin. Not to mention their up-and-coming goalies...
    Higgins anyone ?

Dobber Sports Initiate

meh... Enigmatic. But you\'re right, he should be on that list too.

Dobber Sports Genius

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

I read an article earlier in the season and it related to Higgins being the next Joe Sakic. He looked great before his injury, 18 pts in 18 games is pretty good.

I...am your father.

Whoever wrote that article...stop reading him.

B)
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Dobber wrote:
    Whoever wrote that article...stop reading him.

B)
    Lol yes haha
    08-09 (Before Ownership): DHL Stars
    Fisher, Fehr, Hagman, Stoll, Dubinsky, Zubrus, Brule, Boyd, Stempniak, Bergeron, HIggins, Nylander, Langkow, Bourque, Burrows, Pyatt, Crombeen, Hunwick Ohlund, Salo, Bergeron, Thomas, Quick, Ersberg, LaBarbera, Raycroft

12-13 (Present): DHL Capitals
    Heatley, Semin, Vanek, Roy, Ribeiro, Kessel, Couture, Turris, Kopitar, Marleau, Hossa, Pominville, Conacher, Nyquist, Silfverberg, Rajala, Arcobello, Karlsson, Green, Enstrom, Wisniewski, Ellis, Elliott, Murphy, Brennan, Benoit, Fleury, Bryzgalov, Elliott, Nabakov, Lehner

Dobber Sports Pro

sorry kinda newb question but whats this sim league you\'re talking about? like wenever i think of sim stuff it usually means that its not real (hence simulation).
    9 team One Year Rotisserie League (Daily Rosters with 82 Max Games Played) 40 move limit
    Cats: G A +/- PIM PPG PPP SHP GWG SOG GWG FW HIT BLK W GAA SV SV% SHO
    3C 2LW 2RW 4D 1UTIL 2G 3BN

C McDavid Larkin Dubois Schenn Konecny
    LW Panarin Connor Arvidsson Nichushkin
    RW Marner Necas Buchnevich
    D Fox Burns Pietrangelo Durzi
    G Oettinger Samsonov
    IR+ P. Kane

Hey Donpaulo...don\'t feel bad...sometimes ya think you are doing the right move.....a few years ago I traded 2 first rounders and a good second so I could move up and draft Pavel Brendl...cause you know...he couldn\'t miss!!!!
    Did I mention I hate Pavel Brendl????

Hey - I\'m a big Habs fan and even I can tell you that the move was a mistake. When was the last time a young hab scored more than 85 pts? Better yet, when was the last time a hab scored more than 85 pts? Their system doesn\'t really promote it. Colorado on the other hand may see a young guy get worked like a horse.

Apart from goaltending and Souray, the Habs have always been mid round pickups in any pools I have been in (over the last 5 years).
    Dobberites Unite! 12 Team H2H $$ Keeper League
    C: Malkin, Krejci, Wilson, Schenn
    W: Zetterburg, D Sedin, Mueller, Horton, Benn
    D: Suter, Edler, Myers, Burns
    G: Fleury, Brodeur, S Mason, M Smith
    -- Keep 17 with salary cap

Dobber Sports Stud

mclaren there are a few different simulators out there. I use the freeware apba. It is a little like the old stratomatic system where each player has a set of ratings and play is simulated through head to head matchups. If the play results in a shot on net the goalie card is then accessed.
    APBA has some flaws but it is the best sim currently on the market.

Derrick thanks for the post. I kinda knew that KOS would be \"limited\" by the habs system, but his skill at speed was what interested me.

regarding brendl didn\'t I see him at the donut shop yesterday ?

Dobber Sports Stud

well kos is en fuego ~! the guy is on the scoresheet on most nights in a stretch run. Bodes well for the future does it not ?