Page 5 of 36 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Eastern Conference: (2) Capitals vs. (4) Penguins

Dobber Sports Sage

Default Eastern Conference: (2) Capitals vs. (4) Penguins

One of the best takeaway artists in years? Detroit probably has 10 guys on their roster that are better at him than that.

Dobber Sports Recruit

playmaker26 wrote:
    One of the best takeaway artists in years? Detroit probably has 10 guys on their roster that are better at him than that.
    i don\'t remember anyone on detroit making komisarek and price look like amateurs.

and anyways... i didn\'t say, \"the best\" i said, \"one of the best.\" So what pray tell is wrong about what i said? Or were you just inputing your two cents as to other guys that could be included in that category?

Dobber Sports Sage

lanky wrote:
    playmaker26 wrote:
    i don\'t remember anyone on detroit making komisarek and price look like amateurs.

and anyways... i didn\'t say, \"the best\" i said, \"one of the best.\" So what pray tell is wrong about what i said? Or were you just inputing your two cents as to other guys that could be included in that category?
    I guess it was a \"takeaway\" but that was just a brutal pass. It\'s not like he anticipated the play and caught a cross ice pass and went in on a breakaway.

He was 26th in the league in takeaways...and 1st in giveaways. Doesn\'t sound like one of the best to me.

Dobber Sports Recruit

playmaker26 wrote:
    I guess it was a \"takeaway\" but that was just a brutal pass. It\'s not like he anticipated the play and caught a cross ice pass and went in on a breakaway.

He was 26th in the league in takeaways...and 1st in giveaways. Doesn\'t sound like one of the best to me.
    lol... well i never claimed anything regarding giveaways...

not sure where you found stat rankings for giveaways/takeaways (i can\'t find it anywhere), but i\'d be interested to see (if he is indeed 26th in takeaways) how many forwards are ahead of him on the list.

Dobber Sports Sage

lanky wrote:
    playmaker26 wrote:

lol... well i never claimed anything regarding giveaways...

not sure where you found stat rankings for giveaways/takeaways (i can\'t find it anywhere), but i\'d be interested to see (if he is indeed 26th in takeaways) how many forwards are ahead of him on the list.
    Takeaways and giveaways go hand in hand.

There are only 3 defenseman ahead of him (Niedermayer, Hamhuis, and Markov).

Ovechkin is 3rd on his team in takeaways. Behind Backstrom and Semin. Semin with 13 more takeaways in 17 less games.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/playerstats.h...tssPlayerStats

Dobber Sports Ninja

Hey guys, don\'t get all wrapped up in takeaway/giveaway stats; they are very subjective, just like blocks, hits and faceoff wins. Just dependsd on who is scoring them.

Edit: :laugh: Seven pages of posts and we haven\'t even played game 1 yet:P
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Sage

I know 3 things.

1)Lanky you are the most organized mother****er I\'ve ever seen. You have 18 quotes with 18 responses in one post. I can\'t even find my lunch bag that my mom wrote my name on in the fridge at work.

2)Playmaker I don\'t know how the **** you pull stats off the net that I wouldn\'t be able to find with the Smokey the Bear sniffing them out at my side.

3)Tomorrow I get up at 9:30am. I shower (this is an extremely fantastic visual show for females, unfortunately not available online). At 10:00am I watch the Pens-Caps match up which is gonna be deadly. At 1:20 am I tee off at one of the nicest courses in Kamloops for 45 bucks including a cart. I love local discount. At 5:30 I drunk dial my GF to come pick us up (she doesn\'t know this yet and she\'s working!) I get dropped off, turn on the BBQ and cook up some steaks, crack the next flat of homemade beer that tastes like shit but is SO cheap and watch the \'Nucks hand Chicago their second loss in a row.

Then my girlfriend comes home, I try to get lucky and I get completely shot down to to lack of decent action found in A)my breath B )my oral game and C)..... (left blank on purpose).

Then I wake up on Sunday, which is date day, and I get in shit for being to hung over to do anything.

I CAN\'T WAIT!!!
    10tm Dynasty Lg - $96M CAP
    G A PTS +/- PIM PPP SOG W GAA SV% SO

C: Barkov, Eichel, McDavid
    RW: P. Kane, Okposo
    LW: E. Kane, Couture
    D: Subban, Byfuglien, Faulk, Vatanen, Morgan Reilly
    G: Schneider, Gibson/Andersen
    UTIL: Kuznetsov, Kadri, Little, Stone

Farm
    D: J. Schultz, Sekera, Hanifin, Hamonic
    F: Spooner, Silfverberg, Konecny, Roussell
    G: F. Andersen/Gibson, Mason, Ward, Anderson

Prospect:
    F - D Strome, Burakovsky, Raantanen, Bjorkstrand
    D - Ryan Murphy

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Sounds like quite the day! I love the 10am start times here - a great way to spend a weekend morning.
    Follow me on Twitter: AngusCertified
    Check my blog out: Angus Certified

Dobber Sports Recruit

playmaker26 wrote:
    Ovechkin is 3rd on his team in takeaways. Behind Backstrom and Semin. Semin with 13 more takeaways in 17 less games.
    yeah i actually sort of figured that... it seems as though backstrom/semin do their fair share whenever i watch caps games.

playmaker26 wrote:
    good deal. thanks for the link. i always forget about nhl.com for some reason... :blink:

Dobber Sports Recruit

ridinryan44 wrote:
    1)Lanky you are the most organized mother****er I\'ve ever seen. You have 18 quotes with 18 responses in one post. I can\'t even find my lunch bag that my mom wrote my name on in the fridge at work.
    thanks for the compliment. i pride myself on staying organized with my posts. I figure i\'m so long winded it\'s best to separate out my points so that people can choose which ones they want to read haha.

ridinryan44 wrote:
    2)Playmaker I don\'t know how the **** you pull stats off the net that I wouldn\'t be able to find with the Smokey the Bear sniffing them out at my side.
    indeed. i was thinking the same thing... \"where\'d he find that?\" lol.

Dobber Sports Sage

angus wrote:
    Sounds like quite the day! I love the 10am start times here - a great way to spend a weekend morning.
    No kiddin eh! Gotta love the west coast!!!! Really it wouldn\'t matter what I did between these two games... I\'d be happy picking up golf balls at the local mini golf course!
    10tm Dynasty Lg - $96M CAP
    G A PTS +/- PIM PPP SOG W GAA SV% SO

C: Barkov, Eichel, McDavid
    RW: P. Kane, Okposo
    LW: E. Kane, Couture
    D: Subban, Byfuglien, Faulk, Vatanen, Morgan Reilly
    G: Schneider, Gibson/Andersen
    UTIL: Kuznetsov, Kadri, Little, Stone

Farm
    D: J. Schultz, Sekera, Hanifin, Hamonic
    F: Spooner, Silfverberg, Konecny, Roussell
    G: F. Andersen/Gibson, Mason, Ward, Anderson

Prospect:
    F - D Strome, Burakovsky, Raantanen, Bjorkstrand
    D - Ryan Murphy

Dobber Sports Apprentice

lanky wrote
    You know what else? I\'ll even take it to this level... Jeff Carter has more of a \"whatever it takes to win\" attitude than malkin.

Jeff Carter scored more goals than malkin, won WAY more faceoffs, and had a higher shooting percentage than Malkin.

Can anyone say that i\'m really wrong? I mean seriously... can anyone say that Malkin doesn\'t have more of a \"whatever it takes to win\" attitude than Jeff Carter (when healthy)?
    I realize that you added the \"(when healthy)\" in there, covering up for his Milk Carton Carter act this year\'s playoffs, but that doesn\'t work for me. The best athletes in the history of sports, the ones with the \"whatever it takes to win\" attitude(as you said it), elevate when in pain. We can run through the history of sport and see a flu-ridden MJ dropped 38 pts, 7 rebounds, 5 assists, 3 steals, and 1 block. What\'s that you say? He wasn\'t physically injured? How about Yzerman on one leg in the 2001-2002 playoffs, dropping 23 pts in 23 games....truly did whatever it took. I could go on and on with injured sports stars acceling in the playoffs, but I know who I wouldn\'t add to that list: Jeff Carter.
    MFHL

F: Kovy, Stamkos, DSedin,PKane, Hemsky, Vanek, Gagner, Bergeron, Little, Gagne, Frolik, Backes
    D: Gonchar, JBo, Jovo, Yandle, Martin, Pronger
    G: Lundy, Turco
    B: Lupul, Kunitz, Filatov, Hornqvist, Moss, Coburn,Kulikov, Lee, Sekera, Price, Gustavsson

Dobber Sports Stud

A little too quick to put Jeff Carter on that list.

Give the kid a chance will ya?

But I do agre that Lanky\'s comment about attitude towards Malkin seems absurd. But, you two are arguing about something intangible, so nobody wins. Ever.
    Sneeze Girl: retired (Brett Favre'd)

9 Keeper, 7 Teams:

1 G, 1 A, 1 PPA, 1 PPG, 2 GWG, 1 SHG, +/-

3 WIN, -1 LOST, 5 SHUTOUT, -0.5 GA, 0.3 SV, -0.2 SHOT

Dobber Sports Sage

Pens win 4-3.

Dobber Sports Sage

ridinryan44 wrote:
    I know 3 things.

3)Tomorrow I get up at 9:30am. I shower (this is an extremely fantastic visual show for females, unfortunately not available online). At 10:00am I watch the Pens-Caps match up which is gonna be deadly. At 1:20 am I tee off at one of the nicest courses in Kamloops for 45 bucks including a cart. I love local discount. At 5:30 I drunk dial my GF to come pick us up (she doesn\'t know this yet and she\'s working!) I get dropped off, turn on the BBQ and cook up some steaks, crack the next flat of homemade beer that tastes like shit but is SO cheap and watch the \'Nucks hand Chicago their second loss in a row.

Then my girlfriend comes home, I try to get lucky and I get completely shot down to to lack of decent action found in A)my breath B )my oral game and C)..... (left blank on purpose).

Then I wake up on Sunday, which is date day, and I get in shit for being to hung over to do anything.

I CAN\'T WAIT!!!
    Haha good stuff Ryan.