Page 2 of 36 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Eastern Conference: (2) Capitals vs. (4) Penguins

Dobber Sports Sage

Default Eastern Conference: (2) Capitals vs. (4) Penguins

NYR9394 wrote:
    drury2396 wrote:
    Well, we know what Bettman is waxin\' his carrot to tonight.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Gross, but funny as hell.

P.S. - Please change your log in name, it just sends rage through my body! That prick should not be mentioned in a positive light until he does something worth while.
    I\'m not sure how you can bash Drury for this playoffs. He was clearly playing through great pain and him even being out there shows how much of a playoff guy he is. I\'d rather have him out there then have your captain not play in the most important part of the season. Just my opinion though.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Omg Bettman must be so happy... but then again so should every hockey fan.

Go Malkin!!

-cheers
    Zach Parise is my hero

-West Coast!!

Champ!

Dobber Sports Apprentice

drury2396 wrote:
    Winner for the funniest post of the day (+1 to you drury)
    MFHL

F: Kovy, Stamkos, DSedin,PKane, Hemsky, Vanek, Gagner, Bergeron, Little, Gagne, Frolik, Backes
    D: Gonchar, JBo, Jovo, Yandle, Martin, Pronger
    G: Lundy, Turco
    B: Lupul, Kunitz, Filatov, Hornqvist, Moss, Coburn,Kulikov, Lee, Sekera, Price, Gustavsson

Dobber Sports All-Star

Why do this years Capitals remind me of last years Penguins.

This is the match-up I\'m sure that NHL exec\'s dreamed of; the only way it could be better if it was for the Conference finals.

Washington\'s biggest question mark is at goal; can Varlamov hold off Pittsburgh\'s offense? Will Theodore get the nod if Varlamov falters?

Pittsburgh\'s biggest question is can they get consistent scoring out of anyone not named Crosby, Malkin or Gonchar?

This could be a high scoring affair every night.

If Pittsburgh\'s D can clamp down on Ovechkin like the Rangers did in the first two games, this could be over quickly. If not, Washington\'s renewed confidence after coming back from a 3-1 deficit will carry them thru.

Washington in 7; home ice is the difference maker.
    on fantasy hockey hiatus!!!

Dobber Sports Sage

I think home ice is more important for Washington. Pittsburgh got 2 wins out of 3 games in maybe the toughest building to play in (Philadelphia). I\'m not sure if Washington can win on the road as much as I think the Penguins can.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Pens in 6. Can\'t wait for this one to start!
    Follow me on Twitter: AngusCertified
    Check my blog out: Angus Certified

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

playmaker26 wrote:
    NYR9394 wrote:
    drury2396 wrote:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Gross, but funny as hell.

P.S. - Please change your log in name, it just sends rage through my body! That prick should not be mentioned in a positive light until he does something worth while.
    I\'m not sure how you can bash Drury for this playoffs. He was clearly playing through great pain and him even being out there shows how much of a playoff guy he is. I\'d rather have him out there then have your captain not play in the most important part of the season. Just my opinion though.
    Not at the detriment of the team. Then he\'s not a hero, but an idiot.

Dobber Sports Recruit

andrewklassen wrote:
    I\'m inclined to agree with this as well. WAS barely edged out an offensively impotent club like NYR in 7. PIT has more depth, skill, and their team D and G is better than people give them credit for. [If you don\'t believe me there are quite a few 20 goal scorers for the FLYERS who can fill you in.]
    fleury can be better than nearly every goalie in the league when he\'s on. When he\'s not he can be badder than bad. It\'ll be interesting to see which fleury shows up for the all important games 1 and 2 at verizon center.

hockeyislife wrote:
    Washington\'s biggest question mark is at goal; can Varlamov hold off Pittsburgh\'s offense? Will Theodore get the nod if Varlamov falters?
    man... i don\'t know that you can really call varlamov a question mark at this point. He\'s got the second best stats of any goalie right now in the playoffs (only behind luongo)... and it\'s not like the rangers were completely inept on offense. There were many saves that varlamov made where he absolutely stood on his head. Including several at key moments last night in a high pressure game 7.

I really doubt that the caps switch back to theodore unless varlamov literally falls completely apart (something i don\'t see happening). Without varlamov, the caps wouldn\'t even be in the second round. To go back to theo after simeon put this team on his back would just be a bad move imo.

hockeyislife wrote:
    If Pittsburgh\'s D can clamp down on Ovechkin like the Rangers did in the first two games, this could be over quickly. If not, Washington\'s renewed confidence after coming back from a 3-1 deficit will carry them thru.
    i don\'t know that ovechkin was really clamped down on in game 1 and 2. He had 19 shots on goal in those two games. Anyways... if you ask me, the caps were shut down by lundqvist and great team defense. While i admit that pittsburgh\'s d is on par with NYR, i don\'t think their forwards, or their goalie are as stiffling as the NYR guys...

Not to discredit crosby/malkin, etc... but i just don\'t think they are on the same defensive level as drury, gomez, etc... from new york.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

well said lanky...

i have to think that Pittsburgh better deflate these capitals quickly in game one or else the young caps will be difficult to stop after their huge comeback against the rangers. This series is going to be great to watch but i think fleury will fall apart and capitals will win in 6

Dobber Sports Expert

This will probably be the best series of this years playoffs, at least for me. I\'m excited.

This will be a battle through and through. Malkin and Crosby versus Ovechkin? I don\'t think we could have asked for more.

Even though I really want the Caps to win, pens in 7.
    10 Keepers

10 Team, 10 Keeper
    Head to Head: G,A,P,PPP,SHP,BS,FW,GAA,SV%,SO
    Daily changes: 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G
    C: Malkin, Pavelski, Domi
    LW: Gaudreau, Drouin
    RW: Kessel, B. Ryan, Nyquist
    D: Hedman
    G: Holtby
    Don't mistake opinion for fact.

The Magnificent One

I got to say this matchup will be intense. alot of hitting and great playing. but i think in the end washington comes up with the win. as much as i would like to see malkin move on as i have him in my league. i think everyone is missing one KEY factor in this series.. and it is a guy named Alexander. and like you all know whats coming next NOT ovech.. but SEMIN.

everyone will be watching ovech/malkin/crosby just wait and see what SEMIN does like he did in round one. 8 points in 7 games. 5 goals.. oh and didnt he break the glass last night from one of his slap shots INSANE!!!

caps win i think because of the SEMIN factor.
    18 team H2H Keeper League
    G/A/PPP/SHP/GWG/SOG/FOW/Hits&blks/W/GAA/SV/SV%
    play 4c/8w/6d/1G (2min start)/6 bench/
    C: Hughes, Zacha, Howden, compher, Tierney, Frederic
    W: Gaudreau, Schwartz, M.Tkachuk, Fabbri, Bratt, Yamamoto, Wahlstrom, Okposo, Heinen, M.Folingo, Hinostroza, Mcginn
    D: Hughes, Ceci, Pelech, oleksiak, Holden, Poolman
    G: Markstrom, Oettinger,
    P:Rossi,Bowers,Heponiemi,Kupari,Wise,Dorofeyev,Fir stov,Clarke,Fortin,holloway,Nygard,Aberg,Rasmussen ,Elynuik,M.Jones,Chlapik,Platzer,Bracco,Kuokkanen, Lind,Liljegren,J.Roy,Montembeault,Raaymakers,Woll, prosvetov,Larmi

Dobber Sports Recruit

newper114 wrote:
    ewwwww. :laugh:

Dobber Sports Recruit

Anyone else notice that Jeff Schultz has been out \"injured\" since that game 1 aginst the rangers where dubinsky blew out his tires? LOL.

I think he\'s been a healthy scratch if you ask me. I said after that first game that I was shocked that Boudreau went with schultz over pothier... well... pothier\'s been in since then hahaha.

Interesting that nylander isn\'t even on the ice though... I mean even as a checking line guy that pitches in 8 minutes a game. He\'s decent at faceoffs, so Boudreau must really think he\'s a liability to healthy scratch him for 6 games.

Prime candidate for a buyout this summer perhaps?

Dobber Sports Initiate

lanky wrote:
    newper114 wrote:
    ewwwww. :laugh:
    Last time these two played during the regular season and the color guy claimed Gonchar came around the Pens net with SEMIN all over him. Should be a messy series! :laugh:
    GO BRUINS

20 team Keeper - Protect 10
    Dress weekly 8 Fwds 4 D-men 1 Goalie
    Fwds 1pt - gl 1pt - asst
    Dmen 2pt - gl 1pt - asst FWDS & D-Men 1pt PPG / SHG / OTG
    Goalies 3pts-win 2pts-shutout

Dobber Sports Recruit

BDog wrote:
    Last time these two played during the regular season and the color guy claimed Gonchar came around the Pens net with SEMIN all over him. Should be a messy series! :laugh:
    great job... i couldn\'t hold my LOL in... people at work think i\'m weird now. haha. :laugh: