Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Comish Dynasty Playoff Standings

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Comish Dynasty Playoff Standings

Sure worst case for you, but best case for me i think!

Good luck to all in the next round!
    TOP 2 PICKS UP FOR GRABS!

[file name=Comish-c15490386fb078d46155c0c246eb96e0.zip size=5680]http://www.dobberhockey.com/images/fbfiles/files/Comish-c15490386fb078d46155c0c246eb96e0.zip[/file]

I don\'t think i need anyones roster, i will post what i have for everyone

Dobber Sports Stud

Next round rosters, good luck!

[file name=Comish-d8cf8460736c56d022b666eeefee465d.zip size=4894]http://www.dobberhockey.com/images/fbfiles/files/Comish-d8cf8460736c56d022b666eeefee465d.zip[/file]

Dobber Sports Giant

Thanks for the update!

However, you\'re missing Fleury on my roster... Crazy said that I can borrow him! LOL!

Dobber Sports Stud

And then there were 4

Should be a great round!

[file name=Comish-c0476b9336b5b7a72fb49d83759e7778.zip size=4927]http://www.dobberhockey.com/images/fbfiles/files/Comish-c0476b9336b5b7a72fb49d83759e7778.zip[/file]

Dobber Sports Giant

Thanks for the update! Close matchup so far! I just hope that I haven\'t lost Cole though...

Dobber Sports Stud

I just hope that me and you (sorry Mike) make it on and it is a Det/Pit final!

But that would mean my hawks won\'t win the cup this year so i am torn!

Dobber Sports Giant

Chinny wrote:

Haha so it would be Brad Stuart vs Ty Conklin...

Dobber Sports Stud

Chicleteur wrote:
    Chinny wrote:

Haha so it would be Brad Stuart vs Ty Conklin...
    You missed Kennedy!

Just for fun
    Possible matchups

Det - Pit
    BSB vs Chinny
    Holmstrom vs Stuart and Kennedy

Chic vs Chinny
    Conklin vs Stuart and Kennedy

BB vs BSB
    EMPTY vs Holmstrom

BB vs Chic
    EMPTY vs Conklin (what a possible matchup!)
    __________________________________________________ ______

Det - Car
    BSB vs Chinny
    Holmstrom, Brind\'Amour and Ward vs Ruutu and Kennedy

Chic vs Chinny
    Conklin and Cole vs Ruutu and Kennedy

BB vs BSB
    Gleason vs Holmstrom, Brind\'Amour and Ward

BB vs Chic
    Gleason vs Conklin and Cole
    __________________________________________________ ______

Chi - Pit
    BSB vs Chinny
    Byfuglien and Eager vs Towes and Kennedy

Chic vs Chinny
    Campbell vs Towes and Kennedy

BB vs BSB
    Barker, Kane and Beach vs Byfuglien and Eager

BB vs Chic
    Barker, Kane and Beach vs Campbell __________________________________________________ ______

Chi - Car
    BSB vs Chinny
    Byfuglien, Eager, Holmstrom, Brind\'Amour and Ward vs Towes and Kennedy

Chic vs Chinny
    Campbell and Cole vs Towes and Kennedy

BB vs BSB
    Barker, Kane, Beach and Gleason vs Byfuglien, Eager, Holmstrom, Brind\'Amour and Ward

BB vs Chic
    Barker, Kane, Beach and Gleason vs Campbell and Cole

BEST POSSIBLE FINAL
    BB vs BSB / Chi - Car

WORST POSSIBLE FINAL
    BB vs Chic / Det - Pit

Dobber Sports Giant

HAHA! I love that Det - Pit final between me and BB! How about an exciting matchup!!!

Dobber Sports Ninja

Not sure I\'m liking this H2H with 30 teams diluting the talent so much. By the time we get to the final round, the winning teams may only have a couple of players left.

I\'ll think about proposing a change to a cumulative point system. Something like 12 players regardless of their positions, that way if you have two goalies (bastard, share the wealth man!) who are both in the playoffs, you can use both of them instead of having to choose.

This way the top two teams would still draft #1 & #2. It would also keep more of us interested for more of the playoffs (in our fantasy teams I mean!). Just throwing it out there and I\'ll definitely bring it up as a rule change for next season.

Comish out (literally!)
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Giant

The Comish wrote:
    Not sure I\'m liking this H2H with 30 teams diluting the talent so much. By the time we get to the final round, the winning teams may only have a couple of players left.

I\'ll think about proposing a change to a cumulative point system. Something like 12 players regardless of their positions, that way if you have two goalies (bastard, share the wealth man!) who are both in the playoffs, you can use both of them instead of having to choose.

This way the top two teams would still draft #1 & #2. It would also keep more of us interested for more of the playoffs (in our fantasy teams I mean!). Just throwing it out there and I\'ll definitely bring it up as a rule change for next season.

Comish out (literally!)
    Does it mean that the same 16 teams (will you keep the same rules?) will stay alive for the whole playoff?

As bad as it can be in the final round, I think I still love the H2H format, but wouldn\'t have any objections to a new format.

Speaking of changes, I thought about something (however it was with the old playoff format, but that could work in a new as well). Would it be possible to give the chance to move up a few spot in the draft for those who will make the top 8. Let say, like moving up 2-4 spots for the position 5 to 8 and like 4-6 spots to the position 3 and 4.

However, I would put a rule saying that you CAN\'T move up beyond the 7th overall spot (1-2 playoff finalists, 3-4 new teams, 5-6-7 divisions leaders) unless one or two of the 3 divisions leaders made the playoff final.

Any thoughts?

Dobber Sports Stud

Update

[file name=Comish-311c26ed6d6486542b3ac4a58d6753da.zip size=4934]http://www.dobberhockey.com/images/fbfiles/files/Comish-311c26ed6d6486542b3ac4a58d6753da.zip[/file]

Dobber Sports Genius

Chicleteur wrote:
    However, I would put a rule saying that you CAN\'T move up beyond the 7th overall spot (1-2 playoff finalists, 3-4 new teams, 5-6-7 divisions leaders) unless one or two of the 3 divisions leaders made the playoff final.

Any thoughts?
    I was under the impression that the draft was 1-2 for playoff finalists and 3-30 were reverse order from last place and up. Example... 30th place takes 3rd pick, 29th takes 4th pick etc etc.

What are these 3-4 new teams? New teams in the sense of expansion or new team owners?
    14 GM H2H Salary Cap League (Salaries not Caps)
    Stats:G A +/- PIM PPG PPA SHP GWG SOG FW HITS|W GAA SV SV% SHO
    Start: 2C,2LW,2RW,4D,2UTIL,2G
    Prospect Farm (<92GP skaters, <60 goalies)

Dobber Pro League Wales Division - Roto
    Stats: G,A,+/-,PiM,PPP,SOG|W,GAA,Saves
    Start: 4C,4L,4R,6D,2G (Weekly changes)
    2010 - 3rd place
    2009 - 3rd place

Dobber Sports Giant

joos wrote:
    Chicleteur wrote:

Any thoughts?
    I was under the impression that the draft was 1-2 for playoff finalists and 3-30 were reverse order from last place and up. Example... 30th place takes 3rd pick, 29th takes 4th pick etc etc.

What are these 3-4 new teams? New teams in the sense of expansion or new team owners?
    You\'re right for this year as it will be 1-2 (playoff finalists), 3-4 (30th and 29th) and 5th (regular season winner). But unless there\'s any changes around this, what I mentioned will start next year as per the original rules.

As for the new teams, keep in mind that the last two teams starting next year will have their GM replaced.

Dobber Sports Guru

not a terrible idea chic, but awfully complicated.

comish, i think the cumulative points format would be interesting.

either way, i foresee a crazy trade deadline next season as 16-18 teams stock up on every possible playoff performer they can!