Thread: Brian Elliott

Dobber Sports Pro

Default Brian Elliott

Ottawa\'s goalie heir in the NCAA....he\'s better than Glass?
    Better than Aebischer too?

How good is this kid that hasn\'t shown up on my radar? I don\'t really get to pay attention to the collegiate tourneys or anything(no coverage up here), but he must be pretty awesome.
    ZFHL
    ------------
    Ovechkin-Couture-Kovalchuk
    Benn-Ott-Eriksson
    Halischuk-Berglund-S.Thornton
    Bowman-Legwand-Mitchell
    Faulk-Orlov
    Martin-Y.Weber
    Wilson-Smid
    Niemi

Butler,Horak,Nodl,Omark,Bartulis, Carson,Demers,Staios,Garon,Schneider

PROSPECTS
    Nyquist,Bennett,Guptill,Haula,Knight, Kristo,Ranford,Rieder,Sundher,Barberio
    Dumoulin,Deslauriers,Janosik,Klefbom
    Ness,Sproul,Vatanen,Poulin

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Default Re:Brian Elliott

Emery will fight him in training camp and it will be settled. Do you see Hasek playing in OTT anymore??
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports Pro

He\'s Emery good? Sure, Hasek\'s moved to Detroit before this season, but Emery is still a solid starting goalie. I can\'t see Brian Elliott being as good as Emery. Or maybe I just don\'t want to admit I didn\'t see a force in goaltending coming up the pipeline.

I just don\'t see it. This kid\'s still in college(if I\'ve heard right), he\'ll have to turn pro and play AHL, definitely, and prove himself there. I can see him maybe being at Dmitry Patzold\'s level of skill, possibly a little higher around Nastiuk(CAR), but that\'s it. There\'s no way he\'s NHL ready. Absolutely no way. Not even as a backup.
    ZFHL
    ------------
    Ovechkin-Couture-Kovalchuk
    Benn-Ott-Eriksson
    Halischuk-Berglund-S.Thornton
    Bowman-Legwand-Mitchell
    Faulk-Orlov
    Martin-Y.Weber
    Wilson-Smid
    Niemi

Butler,Horak,Nodl,Omark,Bartulis, Carson,Demers,Staios,Garon,Schneider

PROSPECTS
    Nyquist,Bennett,Guptill,Haula,Knight, Kristo,Ranford,Rieder,Sundher,Barberio
    Dumoulin,Deslauriers,Janosik,Klefbom
    Ness,Sproul,Vatanen,Poulin

Dobber Sports Sophomore

lockedge wrote:
    Ottawa\'s goalie heir in the NCAA....he\'s better than Glass?
    Better than Aebischer too?

How good is this kid that hasn\'t shown up on my radar? I don\'t really get to pay attention to the collegiate tourneys or anything(no coverage up here), but he must be pretty awesome.
    He is better than Glass IMO. Glass won gold at the WJC on that stacked Canada team (Bergeron, Crosby, Getzlaf, Carter, Phaneuf, Weber etc). He was on an extremley defensive minded team in the WHL aswell. I think people looked at his stats on thought stud, but didn\'t look at the team he was on. He has been below average in the AHL (albeit on a very bad Binghampton team). His upside is backup, but I think he will be a career minor leaguer. Elliott on the other hand, is on the defending NCCA champs Wisconsin. He was unbelieveable last year and was a Hobey Baker finalist, probably would have one had he not gotten injured. This year however, the Wisconsin team he plays for is severly depleted and nowhere nears as good as the team that won the championship. He has still been very solid and is the main reason why Wisconsin isn\'t at the bottom of the WCHA. Elliott has the potential to be a starter in the NHL one day. The question is, will he reach it? No one can say forsure right now. It will be interesting to see how he grasps the professional game in the AHL, and will have a much better indication whether or not he is starter material.

I am better than Aebischer right now. In all honesty, he has lost lots of confidence in his abiity, thats the main reason why he is playing poorly. Goaltending is 90% mental and 10% physical. He doesn\'t have the mental game right now. If he can regain it, expect to see Aebischer return to his old average starter form.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Anybody else notice how Brian Elliott jumped from being not ranked to #40 on the top 100 goalies list?

Is there any particular reason for this jump? I know he\'s been amazing at Wisconsin - is Dobber thinking he might challenge Emery next year?

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Yeah I\'d really like to hear his thoughts as well. I grabbed the kid after my main remaining prospect G option, Helenius, was taken very very late in my dynasty draft.

Trusting that 42 rank has some meaning behind it
    08-09 (Before Ownership): DHL Stars
    Fisher, Fehr, Hagman, Stoll, Dubinsky, Zubrus, Brule, Boyd, Stempniak, Bergeron, HIggins, Nylander, Langkow, Bourque, Burrows, Pyatt, Crombeen, Hunwick Ohlund, Salo, Bergeron, Thomas, Quick, Ersberg, LaBarbera, Raycroft

12-13 (Present): DHL Capitals
    Heatley, Semin, Vanek, Roy, Ribeiro, Kessel, Couture, Turris, Kopitar, Marleau, Hossa, Pominville, Conacher, Nyquist, Silfverberg, Rajala, Arcobello, Karlsson, Green, Enstrom, Wisniewski, Ellis, Elliott, Murphy, Brennan, Benoit, Fleury, Bryzgalov, Elliott, Nabakov, Lehner

I...am your father.

He could win the Hobey Baker and I think next season he will be in the AHL for a year and then become a backup the following year. Management loves him
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Dobber wrote:
    He could win the Hobey Baker and I think next season he will be in the AHL for a year and then become a backup the following year. Management loves him
    not to be a nit picker or anything but, Brian Elliott is not amongst the finalists for the Hobey Baker award this season.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

He was signed by the Sens today.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

definitely AHL starter next year. Great guy to keep tabs on.
    Follow me on Twitter: AngusCertified
    Check my blog out: Angus Certified