Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Weasels

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Default Weasels

That\'s messed up Dobber. You should call the Kostitsyn brothers. Apparently they know a guy, who knows a guy, who knows a guy who takes care of \"problems\" like this. :laugh:

Dobber Sports Pro

Default Weasels

I understand the lure of the .com but since most people bookmark all their favourite sites anyway, why not use the .CA.

I mean for Dobberhockey it would make sense because you obviously go to Canada for information on hockey.

You could always introduce a period in between the Dobber and the golf. I think I have seen that done before as well.

In any case my feeling is that people will find you if you have a good site.

I think your reputation preceded you and as long as you get Dobber in the make and make sure that each home page provided links to your other services you will be fine.

Dobber Sports Genius

Default Weasels

NYR9394 wrote:
    That\'s messed up Dobber. You should call the Kostitsyn brothers. Apparently they know a guy, who knows a guy, who knows a guy who takes care of \"problems\" like this. :laugh:
    :laugh:

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Weasels

Hey Dobber,

The name is NOT as important as you might think.
    You can go with something close like dobbergolfs.com or such and accomplish the same thing.
    I still google \"dobber\" to get to this site...It is the first result which is way more important than the name.
    ***2018-19 11th Place***

16 TEAM KEEPER
    FORWARDS (G,A,Pts,+/-,PIM,PPG)
    LW:Marchand, Ehlers, Debrusk, Comtois (B-Empty)
    C:Matthews, White, Kotkaniemi, Hughes (B-Empty)
    RW:Laine, Labanc, Buchnevich, Terry (B-Kyrou)
    DEFENSE (G,A,+/-,PIM)
    Shea Weber, Ekman-Larsson, Morrissey, Schultz, Parayko, Hronek (B-Girard, Matheson)
    GOAL (Min,W,GGA)
    Hellebuyck, Markstrom, Samsonov
    PROSPECTS
    Lafraniere (2020)

Administrator

Default Weasels

I know a guy who owns a business in my town, and we had a similar discussion not long ago. It\'s because a different business has almost the same name (obviously both businesses do different things) and people often times confuse the two.

The biggest issue is that if people think DobberGolf and DobberHockey are affiliated, and DobberGolf turns into a trashy site, it could adversely affect DobberHockey\'s reputation.

As odd as it may sound a lot of people in life DO think at that level...

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Default Weasels

There are a trillion \"all-sport\" websites out there. The fact here is to get dobber\'s name infront of it. If he has hockey and baseball, then why wouldn\'t he want football? It\'s only a matter of time.. This is what I was trying to get at.

Personally I like dub\'s idea\'s. HAHA..
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports Genius

Default Weasels

Zorro wrote:
    There are a trillion \"all-sport\" websites out there. The fact here is to get dobber\'s name infront of it. If he has hockey and baseball, then why wouldn\'t he want football? It\'s only a matter of time.. This is what I was trying to get at.

Personally I like dub\'s idea\'s. HAHA..
    Thanks for the support dude ! :side:

Dobber Sports Expert

Default Weasels

Not to detract from the substance of this thread, but the sheer volume of hits and responses in such a short amount of time indicates that if Dobber started a thread called \"I just sneezed,\" he would get a deluge of responses.

In a way Dobber, you following should provide you comfort in that they would follow you to any site you start, regardless of its name.

Dobbersneezed.com
    13 team Keeper, top 8F, 4D and 2G count. 1pt G/A, 2pt W/SO.
    Protect up to 500 points in a full season
    (K) denotes keeper

Keepers:

F: Draisaitl, Thompson, Thomas, Zuccarello, Konecny, Marchessault Ehlers, O'Reilly, Tarasenko, Perron, Coronato, Seguin, Atkinson, Rossi, Michkov
    D: Q Fox, Sergachev, Dobson, York, Hutson
    G: Vasilevsky, Jarry, Levi

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Weasels

I like the idea of using .CA

If not, I just checked and the following are available:

Dobbers.com
    DobberPro.com
    DobberLeague.com

Maybe you just need to create a contest to find the best name, then start a poll to vote on your top 10 submissions.

Edit:
    The more I think about it.. I kinda like the idea of:
    DobberLeague.com/Hockey/...
    DobberLeague.com/Baseball/...
    DobberLeague.com/Golf/...
    DobberLeague.com/Drinking/...

or

DobberFantasy.com/Hockey/...

Dobber Sports Ninja

Default Weasels

Or perhaps it\'s because I won a good chunk of cash last year because of this website and if it could be carried over towards other sports then maybe I could retire.

Also, if you\'re basing popularity on # of hits on a thread then Dutch is probably the most popular guy at Dobberhockey and should start up his own website called Dutchrants.com

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Weasels

Dobber wrote:
    Often I like weasels, but these f\'rs are pissing me off.
    :laugh: Quote of the day!

Dobber don\'t be too upset. Just like the musician who has his original song stolen. Take it as a compliment that you are doing good work and on the right track.

I know that expanding to different sports sounds like a good idea but how will that affect the quality of Dobber Hockey?

I...am your father.

Default Weasels

BTW - after I discovered this, I immediately registered:
    dobberfootball.com
    dobberbasketball.com
    dobberPGA.com (see - they can\'t win! haha)

as well as some .mobi versions
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Veteran

Default Weasels

I\'ll sell you DobberSports for 2k.

okay, how about 1k and you project Stamkos as a bust, and Claude Giroux as a future third line player in next years Hockey News?

okay, fine you can have it, ...but I\'m not gonna mention my DobberFantasy name idea. :angry:

CBS 8 team keeper(5-8) - Points only

C: Tavares, Duchesne, Eberle, Nugent-Hopkins
    LW: Parise, Benn, Neal
    RW: Kessel, Giroux, Stewart
    D: Green,Karlson, Carlson, Whitney, Edler, White
    G: Rinne, Lundqvist
    2LW,2C,2RW,4D,1G pts.= G=2, PPG=3, SH=5, A=1, W=3, S=.2, GA=-1, SO=4,

(Tired of watching today's trophys pass you buy? Waiting for a tomorrow that may never come? Why not win NOW? ...Ask about our "Pre-owned vets for prospects" program, and start winning TODAY!)

I...am your father.

Default Weasels

Haha - I own DobberSports.com!!
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Ace

Default Weasels

While you\'re on your shopping spree, with our franco accent, many of us pronounce your website Dobbeurhockey.
    My keeper squad on this 10 team, no positional requirement league (except 1 goalie and 1 NHL team). Points only: Parise, Kopitar, Hemsky, Brunette, J Staal, Okposo, Doan, Roy, O.Jokinen, Giroux, Krejci, Oshie, Eberle, Little, Filpulla, Steen, Filatov, Hudler, H.Lundqvist, + NHL Team LA.