Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Holland not pleased with Osgood. Will Conks..

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Default Holland not pleased with Osgood. Will Conks..

Yeah I picked that same info up somewhere in my travels as well. Well us Conks owners should enjoy this while it lasts - I have a feeling it won\'t.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Ossie is starting Friday for sure. And this is just what Ossie needs. The Kings can\'t score goals right now, which sucks or us Kopitar owners...story for another time, but if Ossie doesn\'t let in less than 3 goals, then it might be lights out for him. I hope he lets in 6.
    Head to Head League: 1 point for G, 1 point for A. 2 for Goalie win, 3 for SO.
    Start 6 guys every week. 3 O, 2 D and 1G. No substitutions once they are in (before the first game starts on Monday).
    Protect 3 players every year in keeper.
    10 rounds of drafting
    F: Crosby, Point, P. Kane, JVR, Kopitar, Rakell, Tarasenko,
    D: Letang, Doughty, Karlsson, Grzelcyk, Faulk,
    G: Bob, Shesterkin, Demko, Kahkonen

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Judging by how Osgood has played all season, I doubt he gets it together at this point. Yea, he\'ll have a good game here & there, but nothing sustainable like Conklin does. Im not too worried....yet.

Dobber Sports Ace

Shoeless wrote:
    Yeah I picked that same info up somewhere in my travels as well. Well us Conks owners should enjoy this while it lasts - I have a feeling it won\'t.
    I have that same feeling...and that it is that Detroit will acquire another netminder from other sources. There is no way they go into the playoffs with this tandem...
    8 Team Roto League (1-year)
    Cats: G A +/- PIMs PPP SHP SOG SH% HIT BLK GAA SV% SVS W SO
    F: Ovechkin, Stamkos, Giroux, Perry, Tavares, Eriksson, Benn, Jagr, Heatley, Alfredsson, Roy, Hanzal
    D: Phaneuf, Del Zotto, Kulikov, I. White, Goligoski, Niskanen
    G: M. Smith, Emery
    BN: C. Stewart, J. Staal, Read, Brouwer, Ward, Hedberg, Pavelec, Bachman
    IR: Letang, Giordano

Dobber Sports Ace

Or maybe not? Strange approach...

via rotoworld:
    GM Ken Holland said that he will not trade for a goaltender at the trade deadline on Wednesday.
    \"Absolutely not, is that clear enough?\" Holland said. \"I believe Ozzie\'s gonna play the way he can down the stretch. I like our one-two punch in goal. If we play good team defense, our goaltending is every bit as good as we need it to be.\" Osgood has had his problems this season with a .879 save percentage the worst in the NHL, and a 3.29 goals-against-averagem, despite an 18-5-7 record. On the other hand, Ty Conklin has sparkled this season with a 22-7-1 record, a 2.32 goals-against-average and a .915 save percentage. With the trade deadline only six days away, we shall find out soon enough if Holland is satisfied with his goaltending duo.
    F: Ovechkin, Stamkos, Giroux, Perry, Tavares, Eriksson, Benn, Jagr, Heatley, Alfredsson, Roy, Hanzal

Dobber Sports Demi-God

I believe this - I have been prepared for some time for Conks to get pushed to backup.

Dobber Sports Veteran

I\'m not sure what Conks has to do to prove that he can be a number one. If you take his stats from last year with Pitt and then add them to his stats this year with Detroit, and make that a full season, he would be 40-15 with a 920 S%, and a GAA of 2.39. Those are great numbers for any goalie. I think he should be given the chance to go to the playoffs and be the man.
    Start 6 guys every week. 3 O, 2 D and 1G. No substitutions once they are in (before the first game starts on Monday).
    10 rounds of drafting

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Babcock needs to just stop with these charades. Everybody knows that Conklin should be the certified #1, but he has to continuously fight it out with the Keibler elf. It\'s enough already! Just hitch your wagons to the right guy and let\'s go.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Even if you want to forget about it from a fantasy perspective, from a winning perspective, Ossie should be sitting.
    10 rounds of drafting

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

If this is a sign of things to come with, im going to be pissed. Then again, it was only the Kings. But still, im gonna be pissed.

Hopefully he gives up 6 or gets pulled against his next opponent.

Dobber Sports Veteran

He\'ll start tomorrow for sure. He made 30 saves against a Kings team that has scored 2 goals in regulation in their last three games. Now Babcock will tell everyone that Ossie is back and his mental focus is there and all that bullshit. Plus the Kings have played something like 7 games in 11 days. :angry:
    10 rounds of drafting

Dobber Sports Ace

NYR9394 wrote:
    Babcock needs to just stop with these charades. Everybody knows that Conklin should be the certified #1, but he has to continuously fight it out with the Keibler elf. It\'s enough already! Just hitch your wagons to the right guy and let\'s go.
    +1 for refencing the Keibler elf! :laugh:

Dobber Sports Ace

http://www.mlive.com/redwings/index....s_in.html#more

Conks will start tomorrow. Ozzy to start on the Road in St. Louis on Tuesday. See how the next couple of games go i guess.
    10 Team Yahoo Roto League - H2H, weekly changes - $100 WW budget - 75 remaining
    G,A,+/-, PIM, PPP, SOG, W, GAA, Sv%, SOot

C - Getzlaf, E.Staal
    LW - Parise (RW), Benn
    RW - Giroux (C), Radulov
    D - Striet, Pietrangelo
    Util - Backes, Riberio, Malone
    G - Halak (Elliot), Rinne, Bryz
    Bench - M.Koivu, Kane (C)

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

****in\' Osgood just had to give up one goal! Now we\'re gonna have to hear about splitting time for a while. This sucks.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I just can\'t agree that Conklin should be the starter come playoffs. And I don\'t know if it matters either way-with those two choices in net, considering Ozzie\'s play this year to date, I don\'t see a Cup in their future this year.
    In regards to why Ozzie over Conklin:
    Career playoff wins:
    Ozzie- 59
    Conklin- ZERO
    We all remember what Conklin did in game 1 of the 2006 Finals, when he blew it, and rode the pine as the Oil opted for JUSSI MARKKANEN. Who knows if there is any residual mental issues with that. Put Conks in a tight important game, and who knows whether or not it gets in his head what he did the ONE time he had a chance in a big game.

For all the Ozzie haters, and I\'m one, his record is 19-5-7 this season. Better than Conks. Conks has looked good all year, no doubt, but Boston and Phoenix got to him.
    Listen, on the Wings, ANY big league goalie should get the job done. They are an elite team, and every time they get knocked outta the playoffs its because they get outplayed in net. And when it comes down to it this year, my money is on Conklin OR Ozzie getting outplayed. I\'d take ANY of the top 7 teams goalies over the Wings\' options in a 7 game series.

As of today, they match up with Minny, and they\'ve had trouble with the Wild this year. Not that I think they wouldn\'t win, but I also can totally see Backstrom stealing the series. I can\'t even see Ozzie or Conks stealing the wallet off a blind man. For me, I still see goaltending as of utmost importance, and they just don\'t have it this season(don\'t start hollering how they won with Ozzie last year, because he hasn\'t beenthe same dude).
    MFHL

F: Kovy, Stamkos, DSedin,PKane, Hemsky, Vanek, Gagner, Bergeron, Little, Gagne, Frolik, Backes
    D: Gonchar, JBo, Jovo, Yandle, Martin, Pronger
    G: Lundy, Turco
    B: Lupul, Kunitz, Filatov, Hornqvist, Moss, Coburn,Kulikov, Lee, Sekera, Price, Gustavsson