Thread: Brule Trade

The Great One

Default Brule Trade

As a team out of contention, is there any reason to make a trade for Gilbert Brule- as he is now a buy very very low candidate in my keeper league?

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Re:Brule Trade

I\'ve tried to go after him in my keeper league - he\'s still valued pretty high by most GMs.

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

I don\'t know really what you can expect from Brule for the next couple of years. I think he is a project that needs time to develop..
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports Padawan

Don\'t like him in Hitchcock\'s \"defensive minded system\".
    He\'ll be a good hockey player and a suppressed fantasy star...i.e....Nash
    RFHL: 12 Member League Founded 1989 Rochester, NY
    Limited 10 Positional Player Keeper League
    G, A, PTS, 2W+OL, SV%, GAA
    C: Tavares, Kopitar, BJugstad, Kesler, Fabbri
    LW: Hall, Benn, Voracek, Fabbri
    RW: Seguin, Kessel, Kucherov, MacKinnon
    D: Hedman, Shattenkirk, Fowler, Parayko, S. Jones, Pietrangelo
    G: Price, Murray

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Ya I don\'t mind COLUMBUS\' team but with hitch-c-ock behind the bench, they are sooooo boring to watch. Nash, Zheredev, Brule, all are very exciting players to watch but with HITCH telling them what to do, its very hard to get interested when they are on the tube. How do you think Columbus will do next season???
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

I...am your father.

I think the Jackets will make the playoffs with Hitch there, although I say this and I don\'t know who they will knock out - especially if LA gets a goaltender and starts knocking on the door and the Avs keep improving like they have been these last few weeks. Who would drop out? The Wild, probably. The Flames again? I say \"again\" because I\'m starting to think the Avs will catch them! I watched the Flames-Avs game the other night and WOW the Avs looked good. If they win their game in hand, they will only be six back with 11 left.

Anyway, I digress. Brule - if you can get a deal off him than grab him for sure, but don\'t expect points next year. He\'s two years away. However, as one poster said - GM\'s in pools are still pretty high on him.
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Master

I have Brule in my keeper league. We are moving into our 6th year. Brule was thrown into a trade by another GM to make me seal a deal. I thought it was a bad move to just \"throw in\" Brule. Time will tell. Most GMs in my league will deny having any interest in Brule, but every now and then I get an offer with him in it.

If you are a smart GM, you will ask for a big name player and Brule. The reply will be something like, get f**ked, I\'m not trading \"big name player\". You can can then lower your asking price, keeping Brule in the deal and have the GM think you have compromised on the player you want, but the actual target player was Brule. That is how I approach deals anyway. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn\'t. If you dont make trade offers, you dont trade. If you dont trade, you dont win. If you can \"buy low\" on Brule and you can spare the roster spot for a year or two, do it.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

I used to use that tactic too but people get wise to it in a hurry. Especially if you\'ve got smart people in your league. Unfortunately I do have some smart people in my pool. Capeman excluded.