Thread: Palffy

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Palffy

You guys probably know about this, but i found this interesting. In today\'s Los Angeles Times there was a small mention about Palffy.

\"According to Lubomir Visnovsky, former Kings forward Ziggy Palffy, who retired from the NHL because of back problems in January 2006, has returned to the ice and is playing in a Slovakian league with Visnovsky\'s older brother. Palffy, 35, told a source that he plans to play at the world championships in Canada next year.\"

You guys think he can make a comeback? Id love to see him play with the Penguins. I still think he\'s got something left in the tank.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Re:Palffy

If memory serves me, he was moving along at about a point a game in 05/06 WITH the bad back. If he\'s healthy, and wants to come back, I think he would have a long list of teams lined up for his services.

I...am your father.

Default Re:Palffy

I reported that a couple of months ago in the ramblings, and about six months ago I said in the ramblings that he will likely play hockey again in the Slovakian League. However (I said), his wife and young children are in Slovakia and that is where he is staying for good.
    :whistle:
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi