Thread: NHL 08 or NHL2K?

doug9494

Default NHL 08 or NHL2K?

Has anyone bought either or yet? best game for the 360?

I...am your father.

Default Re:NHL 08 or NHL2K?

I pick NHL 08...cause they sponsor me!
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Re:NHL 08 or NHL2K?

I passed on 2K8 due to the poor comments on the \'pro stick\' and I picked up NHL08.

I have both NHL 07 and 2K7 and I preferred 07 to 2K7 since I never took the time to find some good slider settings for a good game - I know, I\'m lazy - and I thought 2K7 was so fugly, I couldn\'t play it.

NHL 07 had its flaws too, and even on the highest difficulty, it turned into a goal-fest with frustratingly crappy goaltenders....scoring 20 goals in 3-5 min periods was kinda good for the stats, but high on the b-o-r-i-n-g factor.

Compared to 07, NHL 08 is an entirely different game, the off-puck deking is still giving me some issues and I find that the AI has been improved by leaps and bounds.

I normally pick up a game and start my dynasty on the highest difficulty setting. With 08, I found myself having to demote myself all the way down to Pro difficulty, but I\'ve started an undefeated streak, but I\'m having to work hard at it and it\'s a little satisfying to get those 2-1 wins...although I wish I could say it was on a higher difficulty setting.

Post edited by: QStar, at: 2007/09/19 13:42