Thread: Wolski

Dobber Sports Master

Default Wolski

How much scoring line time is Wolski going to lose to Jaroslav Hlinka and to a lesser degree Svatos? I\'ve got some high hopes (60-70 pts) for Wojtek after an impressive rookie season. Should I be scaling back those expectations?

cheers,

AW

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Re:Wolski

Wojo going over 60 is not unreasonable, but for him to top 70 would be, so that bracket you mention is probably spot on.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Actually, on reflection, Smyth seems destined to play with Sakic, they carpool together so chances are that that sticks, and Hlinka is showing brilliant chemistry with Stastny, so, when Hejduk rejoins the line, Wolski might then get pushed to a 3rd line with Arnason and Svatos. That will be a productive line, but in no way will it play top minutes. Hlinka\'s obvious chemistry with Stastny and Smyth and Sakic looking to play together hurts Wolksi\'s production considerably more than likely.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

and what about Brunette?

Dobber Sports Ninja

After all is said and done, the first three lines should be:
    R.Smyth-Sakic-Brunette
    Hlinka-Stastny-Hejduk
    Wolski-Arnason-Svatos

Brunette & Sakic played very well together last year. Smyth will adapt very easily to that line.

Hlinka came to Colorado because of Hejduk, so I see them playing together. It\'s a bonus that Stastny and Hlinka are showing some chemistry.

I really like what the Avs have done over the summer. They really didn\'t lose much and essentially upgraded Brisebois/Klee for Hannan/Leopold (15 games last year, it\'s like he wasn\'t there). As well they replace McLean/Turgeon with Smyth/Hlinka. Plus with Theodore injured, all the talk of Theodore starting because of his high salary should go away for now. Budaj is the man.
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Demi-God

And no mention of the guy who is doing much of their preseason scoring.

So here\'s a question - who lines up on the RW on that first line?

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Hensick won\'t get anywhere near the kind of oppurtunity Stastny got this time last year. TJ, well, best case scenario is pushing Duke or Hlinka off a 2nd line wing, but thats super unlikely. 3rd line is his best bet, maybe for Svatos, more than likely for Arnason.

And I\'d expect Bruno to play RW, played RW all year last year with Wolski on LW all year on that line.