Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 133

Thread: Babcock Resignation/Photos

  1. #31
    evans334's Avatar
    evans334 is offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    2,609
    Rep Power
    43

    Dobber Sports Veteran

    Default Re: Babcock and the Photos

    Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    I disagree, but this is your opinion. No one was forced to show anything and I wouldn't consider it inconsiderate to be asked. It's not like he grabbed their phones and just started scanning through their pictures. He asked to see family pictures. Whip-dee-do!
    Consider for a moment an individual comes from a broken home and doesn't really have any family pictures nor wants to ever to discuss their private family history in public, especially with a new co-worker.

    On the surface this seems like nothing to you, but it's simply inappropriate in this setting.

    Again, bosses / leaders hold an inherent power over their employees and not every employee is going to feel comfortable telling their boss no, especially when they fear it might effect their working relationship.

    Good bosses / leaders understand this.
    Evansville Icemen District-5 Ducks
    LOEGM - 12 GM H2H Keeper
    G A PT SOG STA STG TRUC FOW
    W GA SV SV% SO
    WHL - 24 GM H2H Salary
    G A +/- PIM SOG PPP HIT BLK FOW
    W GA SV SO
    View Roster View Roster

  2. #32
    ross10019's Avatar
    ross10019 is offline
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    6,725
    Location
    New York, NY
    Rep Power
    50

    Dobber Sports Icon

    Default Re: Babcock and the Photos

    Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Definitely blown out of proportion.

    Again, if you listen to the 32 Thoughts podcast, not only did they interview Gaudreau, but they also interviewed Bill Daly. He stated that both the NHL and the NHLPA looked into it and nothing came out of that. If a younger player had an issue with it, there's probably a chance something would have been said the NHLPA at the very least. There was nothing, much like this whole story. #hatersgonnahate
    I agree but only partially.

    Itís 2023, not 2005. Like everyone in the world NHL coaches have to adapt. Gen Zers wonít want to share photos from their phone, and they shouldnít have to. Full stop. Unlike vets, they also are going to feel intimated if Babs asks them to do so. They know what happened with Marner and are not idiots. Their entire careers may hinge upon satisfying this coach and getting playing time, especially the ones who arenít young stud surefire NHLers.

    So again my view is Babcock needs to think carefully and stop doing shit which is even remotely likely to backfire in 2023.

    "I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

    Twitter: @ross10019

    CBS Sportsline 14 team H2H keeper (21-man roster, 14 keepers)
    Weekly lineup changes (start 9F (3/4C and 6/5W) 5D 2G)
    G, A, PPP, SOG, BS, +/-, GAA, W, SV%

    Angry Little Elves (formerly Montreal Maulers)
    2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 League Champions
    C: Tavares Hintz Larkin Couturier Seguin
    W: Panarin Marchand Ehlers Forsberg Batherson Marchessault Benn Rust Quinn
    D: Josi Hamilton Chychrun DeAngelo Weegar Jiricek
    G: Vasilevskiy Grubauer Kuemper Daccord

  3. #33
    Location
    South Dakota
    Rep Power
    50

    The Great One

    Default Re: Babcock and the Photos

    Quote Originally Posted by ross10019 View Post

    So again my view is Babcock needs to think carefully and stop doing shit which is even remotely likely to backfire in 2023.
    Yes - the Blue Jackets should have considered this and I dunno…not hired Babcock.
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

    F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

    IR:

    Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch

  4. #34
    Location
    Nova Scotia
    Rep Power
    40

    Dobber Sports Deity

    Default Re: Babcock and the Photos

    Quote Originally Posted by evans334 View Post
    Consider for a moment an individual comes from a broken home and doesn't really have any family pictures nor wants to ever to discuss their private family history in public, especially with a new co-worker.

    On the surface this seems like nothing to you, but it's simply inappropriate in this setting.

    Again, bosses / leaders hold an inherent power over their employees and not every employee is going to feel comfortable telling their boss no, especially when they fear it might effect their working relationship.

    Good bosses / leaders understand this.
    Then they say no. Maybe that's something else the coach should know about and can help the player with. Who knows.

    Maybe I am wrong, but to me, this seems like more of a Babcock issue than an incident issue. As I mentioned earlier, if someone like Andrew Brunette had done this when he got hired in Nashville, this wouldnt even be a story.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

    25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

    Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

    G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger


    "Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

  5. #35
    Location
    Hamilton, ON
    Rep Power
    40

    Dobber Sports Titan

    Default Re: Babcock and the Photos

    One thing is for sure though, if there wasn't an issue, there wouldn't be continued talks about it.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

    C: Horvat, Lindholm, Perfetti
    LW: Robertson, Byfield (C), Knies, Svechnikov (RW)
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C)
    D: Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, S.Jones, Gudas
    Util: Trocheck (C)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Woll
    IR+: Meier (RW)
    IR: Fox (D)
    NA: Guenther

  6. #36
    Location
    South Dakota
    Rep Power
    50

    The Great One

    Default Re: Babcock and the Photos

    Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    One thing is for sure though, if there wasn't an issue, there wouldn't be continued talks about it.
    This is where I am too. If it’s Dreger and Friedman giving it some due and not just Bissonette maybe there is something to it. But I am, as has been pointed out, not a Babcock fan in any way.
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

    F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

    IR:

    Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch

  7. #37
    Rep Power
    40

    Yoda

    Default Re: Babcock and the Photos

    Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    One thing is for sure though, if there wasn't an issue, there wouldn't be continued talks about it.

    This is not entirely true.... some people in some situations have a desire for there to be an issue when there isn't one.

    And they will continue to talk about it, even if there really is no issue at all.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    ​​

  8. #38
    Location
    Hamilton, ON
    Rep Power
    40

    Dobber Sports Titan

    Default Re: Babcock and the Photos

    Dregger said the following this morning:
    Based on the information that has been discovered and percolated to the surface in the last 48hrs, I think there's a chance Babcock's job could be in question...I'm not reporting or predicting it's going to happen, but there's a chance that happens
    I have NOOO idea what this actually means lol. Dregger just performed a masterclass in saying something, but not saying something.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

    C: Horvat, Lindholm, Perfetti
    LW: Robertson, Byfield (C), Knies, Svechnikov (RW)
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C)
    D: Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, S.Jones, Gudas
    Util: Trocheck (C)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Woll
    IR+: Meier (RW)
    IR: Fox (D)
    NA: Guenther

  9. #39
    Location
    Nova Scotia
    Rep Power
    40

    Dobber Sports Deity

    Default Re: Babcock and the Photos

    Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    One thing is for sure though, if there wasn't an issue, there wouldn't be continued talks about it.
    Do you not follow the media at all? Of course they are going to continue to talk about it. It's a story because they MAKE it a story and others follow. They found a crack in the wall and others are pushing on it. Again, if this is Jay Woodcroft, or Andrerw Brunette, then this isnt a story.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

    25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

    Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

    G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger


    "Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

  10. #40
    Location
    Hamilton, ON
    Rep Power
    40

    Dobber Sports Titan

    Default Re: Babcock and the Photos

    Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Do you not follow the media at all? Of course they are going to continue to talk about it. It's a story because they MAKE it a story and others follow. They found a crack in the wall and others are pushing on it.
    I follow the fact that Walsh and Hainsey made a personal visit to investigate and the NHLPA and NHL have a previously scheduled meeting this morning and Babcock will be discussed about it. I can't think of a time when NHLPA has gone physically to a team to discuss an issue.

    - Several sources have said the meetings with Walsh and Hainsey with CBJ players were "intense".
    - Jenner and Gaudreau seemed to change their thoughts on the incident after their remarks when they found out younger players were uncomfortable about it

    I don't know what is going to happen, because I doubt the intent of what Babcock did was meant to be bad, but if you lost the trust of your young players this early it could mess with Johnson, Foudy, Texier, and Fantilli.

    I'm more curious if Babcock goes, does Jarmo stay.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

    C: Horvat, Lindholm, Perfetti
    LW: Robertson, Byfield (C), Knies, Svechnikov (RW)
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C)
    D: Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, S.Jones, Gudas
    Util: Trocheck (C)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Woll
    IR+: Meier (RW)
    IR: Fox (D)
    NA: Guenther

  11. #41
    Location
    Alberta, Canada
    Rep Power
    50

    Dobber Sports Grand Master

    Default Re: Babcock and the Photos

    I love how Axe is SO certain about every detail in this story with no information

    "If this was a different coach it would be a non-issue" - based on what? You have no way of knowing that unless you know for a fact other coaches have done exactly what Babcock did and it didn't become an issue

    "Nobody was forced to show photos" - again based on what? The single 32 thoughts interview Gaudreau did and a 2 sentence statement Jenner released? I mean who would have thought that the highest paid player in franchise history and the captain would have some self interest in protecting the franchise. Just because they weren't forced doesn't mean others weren't, you and they weren't in the room for every interaction.

    "It's not like he grabbed their phones and just started scanning through their pictures" - based on what? You again don't have any evidence that he didn't do this with some players. You weren't in the room with every player and we haven't received a statement from every player.

    "This is a media creation and nothing else" - Yes the Director of the NHLPA and his top assistant flew to Columbus to conduct thorough in-person interviews with every Blue Jackets player because the MEDIA told them to and no other reason. They're meeting with Gary Bettman and Bill Daly today to share their findings because the MEDIA told them to and no other reason. Babcock's job is in jeopardy (as reliably reported by Elliotte Friedman and Darren Dreger) because the MEDIA is calling for Babcock to be fired and no other reason. Definitely just a media creation lmao.

  12. #42
    Feenom's Avatar
    Feenom is offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    4,344
    Location
    On a beach
    Rep Power
    50

    Dobber Sports Genius

    Default Re: Babcock and the Photos

    Let's just say Babs is totally innocent and this is much ado about nothing. Then it's a total lack of self-awareness and growth on Babs' part. You just got hired and you would think to lay low and just go through simple pleasantries with all players. But nope, take it a bit too far.

    What ever happened to:

    "Hey Johnny Hockey, how was your summer? Really that's great let's have a great season, ... now go F yourself."

    There, you said your hellos and goodbyes all in one sitting.
    Call me old one more time.

    - Roy Kent

  13. #43
    Location
    Alberta, Canada
    Rep Power
    50

    Dobber Sports Grand Master

    Default Re: Babcock and the Photos

    Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    I follow the fact that Walsh and Hainsey made a personal visit to investigate and the NHLPA and NHL have a previously scheduled meeting this morning and Babcock will be discussed about it. I can't think of a time when NHLPA has gone physically to a team to discuss an issue.

    - Several sources have said the meetings with Walsh and Hainsey with CBJ players were "intense".
    - Jenner and Gaudreau seemed to change their thoughts on the incident after their remarks when they found out younger players were uncomfortable about it

    I don't know what is going to happen, because I doubt the intent of what Babcock did was meant to be bad, but if you lost the trust of your young players this early it could mess with Johnson, Foudy, Texier, and Fantilli.

    I'm more curious if Babcock goes, does Jarmo stay.
    I mean it's not like the Director of the NHLPA is a busy guy, he's got all the time in the world to just chase around non-issues for funsies.

  14. #44
    Location
    Nova Scotia
    Rep Power
    40

    Dobber Sports Deity

    Default Re: Babcock and the Photos

    Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    I love how Axe is SO certain about every detail in this story with no information

    "If this was a different coach it would be a non-issue" - based on what? You have no way of knowing that unless you know for a fact other coaches have done exactly what Babcock did and it didn't become an issue

    "Nobody was forced to show photos" - again based on what? The single 32 thoughts interview Gaudreau did and a 2 sentence statement Jenner released? I mean who would have thought that the highest paid player in franchise history and the captain would have some self interest in protecting the franchise. Just because they weren't forced doesn't mean others weren't, you and they weren't in the room for every interaction.

    "It's not like he grabbed their phones and just started scanning through their pictures" - based on what? You again don't have any evidence that he didn't do this with some players. You weren't in the room with every player and we haven't received a statement from every player.

    "This is a media creation and nothing else" - Yes the Director of the NHLPA and his top assistant flew to Columbus to conduct thorough in-person interviews with every Blue Jackets player because the MEDIA told them to and no other reason. They're meeting with Gary Bettman and Bill Daly today to share their findings because the MEDIA told them to and no other reason. Babcock's job is in jeopardy (as reliably reported by Elliotte Friedman and Darren Dreger) because the MEDIA is calling for Babcock to be fired and no other reason. Definitely just a media creation lmao.
    I love how I knew you were going to come in and criticize my posts. Like clockwork.

    Kinda like the other side of the coin where everyone else is so certain this is a bad thing and Babcock was doing something wrong without all the information? I'll take the word of the guys who were in the room and actually talked to the media and gave their side and the deputy commish who looked into it and gave his side.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

    25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

    Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

    G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger


    "Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

  15. #45
    Rep Power
    40

    Yoda

    Default Re: Babcock and the Photos

    Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    I love how Axe is SO certain about every detail in this story with no information
    Is this not the rataylor22 way of doing things around here?
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    ​​

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •