Thread: Woll worth it?

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Woll worth it?

Dynasty league, goalies super important and very hard to get a hold of. Woll is sitting on the FAs, which can be drafted in the 3rd round. I’m in win now mode and can probably trade to get the first pick for the free agent round. Really tempted to do it to grab Woll. He looked good to me in the playoffs….. noteables also are Blackwood, Petersen/sandstrom, Silovs, akhtyamov

Sorry I haven’t updated my sig…but same stats as mentioned in it.
    12 team h2h keeper league. No salary
    Keep 35 before prospect draft carry max 45 through season

Multicat scoring: assists-2pts goals-3pts shootoutgoals-2pts
    Gordiehowe-5pts hits-0.25pts pims-0.5pts plus/minus-1pt
    Powerplaypoint-1pt shorthandedpoint-2pts

Goalie cats: ga- (-1pt) sv-0.2pts shutout-3pts wins-5pts

Forwards: stamkos, benn, Marchand, kucherov, panarin, mackinnon, Crosby, Wheeler, Mantha, perron, marchessault, skinner,

Defencemen: Hedman, Krug, Pietrangelo, shatty, ekblad, ekholm

Goalies: Andersen, hellboy, Demko, Wolf (weekly starts)

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Re: Woll worth it?

Im not sure how much I'd invest in Woll unless you already own Samsonov. Samsonov is a RFA and will get re-signed by the Leafs; he's their starter. Woll is also still floating in the wind right now because they also still have Matt Murray under contract for another year. For all we know, Woll could be starting in the AHL next year.

Short term, I'd be leary until you know more. Long term, I see him as a backup to Samsonov. I wont lie, the other available options don't look great either. Without really knowing who's available for FA draft pickup, it's hard to gauge where I'd draft any of those goalies.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

We hold 35 players(no set position limits), 12 teams. Everyone drafts and holds goalies like it’s their job. Next to impossible to get a goalie via trade unless you heavily overpay.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Depends on what the cost is.

Personally, I've been impressed by Woll. He looks the part but we all know goalies are voodoo.

I think the Leafs will sign Samsonov however, with his durability I do believe there is a very realistic path to Woll playing meaningful games for the Leafs this year.

I also agree, from what I saw of Woll this past season. As far as overpayment, would consist of atleast two plug and play players and picks. Or atleast 2-3 “higher” end prospects and picks. All depends. Basically to land a goalie you typically end up having to hurt yourself in one or two other positions or the future. I don’t have many higher end prospects as I’ve been in the top 2 for the last 4-5 years. Still have a win now team. Just need a tender

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Do you have your second round pick?

Could you move down to get that pick, or perhaps one of the top couple picks in round 3?
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Wizard

as other said it depends on cost just like it does with all players but i fully expect him to make 30+ starts on what most likely will be top 5 regular season team. I think he is worth to add as depth piece.
    14 Teams H2H Dynasty, 28 roster spots (8 bench), 15 minors under 100
    Weekly Matchups - Daily Lineups

Skaters: G/A/Pt/PIM/SoG/STP/H+B/ToI/Corsi
    Goalies: W/GAA/SVs/SV%/SHO

C: Eichel, Kadri, Mcdavid, Sodeberg, Schenn
    LW: Ehlers, Landeskog, Meier, Debrusk, Foegele, Lee
    RW: Pastrnak, Marner, Palmieri, Terry, D. Brown, Bailey, Granlund
    D: Krug, Josi, Ekholm, Faulk, Muzzin, Karlsson, Cernak,
    G: Hellebuyck, Biship, M Jones

I already have the first overall pick for the free agent rounds, landed it last summer before it was first overall. My biggest hole is goalie and very tempted to use it for Woll. The other notable goalies do not seem to be very good options for a win now team.

The Flyers are going to deal Hart, which opens up a job there. Where he goes matters, and there has been some chatter about Toronto. I can't imagine that the Flyers would take Murray without somebody retaining salary int he middle, but if they can find a taker for Murray, it's a maybe.

Silovs is somewhat interesting, but not as interesting as Woll, due to team.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by stevegamer View Post
    The Flyers are going to deal Hart, which opens up a job there. Where he goes matters, and there has been some chatter about Toronto. I can't imagine that the Flyers would take Murray without somebody retaining salary int he middle, but if they can find a taker for Murray, it's a maybe.

Silovs is somewhat interesting, but not as interesting as Woll, due to team.
    Considering Philly just took Petersen, I dont see them taking Murray at all, even with retained cap.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Considering Philly just took Petersen, I dont see them taking Murray at all, even with retained cap.
    Be a lot cooler if they did....
    12 team h2h keeper league. No salary
    Keep 35 before prospect draft carry max 45 through season

Multicat scoring: assists-2pts goals-3pts shootoutgoals-2pts
    Gordiehowe-5pts hits-0.25pts pims-0.5pts plus/minus-1pt
    Powerplaypoint-1pt shorthandedpoint-2pts

Goalie cats: ga- (-1pt) sv-0.2pts shutout-3pts wins-5pts

Forwards: stamkos, benn, Marchand, kucherov, panarin, mackinnon, Crosby, Wheeler, Mantha, perron, marchessault, skinner,

Defencemen: Hedman, Krug, Pietrangelo, shatty, ekblad, ekholm

Goalies: Andersen, hellboy, Demko, Wolf (weekly starts)

Quick update: got a trade offer. 2 1st round picks (later picks 10th-12th), Wolf and Demko for his Igor shesterkin

What’s everyone’s thoughts on this?

I'd do that. That means your goalies are Shesterkin, Hellebuyck, and Freddie Andersen as a #3 if I read that right. You're set for a while then. I realize what quantity of prospects you're giving up, but man that's good.