Thread: Trying to land another high prospect pick

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Trying to land another high prospect pick

For the league in my signature what would you all be willing to give up in order to land an additional top 2-4 pick in this years entry draft?

Currently I have picks 1 and 7 so Bedard is mine. But I’ve been kicking around the want to try to land another of the top 4 (thinking Michkov) in this draft as well. I feel like I could potentially get the 2nd overall from the manager that owns it if I put forth a solid offer. Any thoughts?
    12 team weekly head to head keeper
    Stats: G, A, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG, +/-, PIM, W, S%, GAA, SO
    Keep 10 plus farm
    Set rosters Daily

C: Kuzy, DStrome, Hischier, Rossi
    LW: Ehlers, Perron, Mangiapane, Nyquist
    RW: Bratt, Caufield, Marchessault, Granlund
    D: Chychrun, Toews, Carlson, Slavin
    G: Hart, Kuemper, Lindgren

IR: Newhook, Sergachev

Minors: Tomasino, CPrimeau, Dorofeyev, Evans, Bedard, Kulich, Protas, Eklund, Neighbours, ABoqvist, Greig, Bourque, Benson, Samoskevich, Askarov, Spence, Soderstrom, Silvos, Jarventie, Bourgault, Simashev, Gajan, Olausson, Brisson, Reinbacher, Pinelli, CSavoie, Stankoven, Suzdalev

The Magnificent One

Default Re: Trying to land another high prospect pick

It all depends in that teams needs. If you are sold on the top picks then anyone really.

I’d start with hart as you have vej in the minors that can be used to plug in for starts. Might not always get good results but he will start most games.

Otherwise think ehlers or any of your top two dmen. Without the defense stats in this league settings they all come replaceable.
    18 team H2H Keeper League
    G/A/PPP/SHP/GWG/SOG/FOW/Hits&blks/W/GAA/SV/SV%
    play 4c/8w/6d/1G (2min start)/6 bench/
    C: Hughes, Zacha, Howden, compher, Tierney, Frederic
    W: Gaudreau, Schwartz, M.Tkachuk, Fabbri, Bratt, Yamamoto, Wahlstrom, Okposo, Heinen, M.Folingo, Hinostroza, Mcginn
    D: Hughes, Ceci, Pelech, oleksiak, Holden, Poolman
    G: Markstrom, Oettinger,
    P:Rossi,Bowers,Heponiemi,Kupari,Wise,Dorofeyev,Fir stov,Clarke,Fortin,holloway,Nygard,Aberg,Rasmussen ,Elynuik,M.Jones,Chlapik,Platzer,Bracco,Kuokkanen, Lind,Liljegren,J.Roy,Montembeault,Raaymakers,Woll, prosvetov,Larmi

Dobber Sports Apprentice

You have good prospects and could certainly spare one or two of them. Maybe some combination such as Eklund and Vejmelka would get it done.

McDavid/Necas/ Kucherov/Bjorkstrand/Rust/Nugent Hopkins/Cirelli/Zegras/- Letang/Morrissey/Dahlin - Swayman/Saros/Skinner

Prospects include:
    McTavish/Clarke/Bordeleau
    Dumais/Korchinski/Hutson

Don't worry I'm not going to say anything more than I have to. If that.

Dobber Sports Ace

C: Kuzy, Hischier
    LW: Ehlers, Vrana
    RW: Bratt, Bertuzzi
    D: Chychrun, Sergachev, Toews
    G: Hart

Minors: Tomasino, Primeau, Newhook, Zadina, Dorofeyev, ABoqvist, Evans, Rossi, Lindgren, Caufild, Greig, Spence, Soderstrom, Olausson, Eklund, Bourgault, Zhigalov, Silovs, Askarov, Brisson, Kulich , Jarventie, Samoskevich, Pinelli, CSavoie, Stankoven, Suzdalev, Vejmelka
    Bolded are the players I definitely wouldn't trade, you're almost certain to get an upgrade over any of the others with a top 4 pick. Hart is debatable but since you don't have a another goalie likely to make a big impact soon you're probably better off hanging onto him as you'd be selling low after this past season anyway. Eklund is debatable as well, I would personally hold onto him for now if possible, I thought he showed flashes of big potential last year.
    16 team Pts only dynasty league
    G, A, PPG, SHG, GWG, Svs, SO's, W's
    Pro Roster Starters: 9 F, 6 D 1 G

FWD: Hertl, Forsberg, Quinn, Rantanen, Debrincat, Couturier, Dach, Trocheck, Larkin, Seguin
    D: Chychrun, Grzelcyk, Trouba, Burns, Walman, Karlsson, Graves
    G: Kahkkonen, Keumper, Reimer

Farm (notables):
    F: Pekarcik, Dellandrea, Cowan, Puistola, Halttunen, Simoneau, Bolduc, Nadeau, Stankhoven
    D: Brzustewicz, Alexeyev, Jiricek, Reinbacher, Minnetian
    G: Fedotov, Tarasov, Kochetkov, Skarek, M. Gibson

Dobber Sports Apprentice

If I had 2nd OA I wouldn't trade Michkov for most of your prospects. How long can you keep guys on the farm?

If you're including your 7th plus a prospect like Newhook that should do it. Newhook is close to losing his prospect status and he's replaceable in a keep 10, so I think you should capitalize on that. Boqvist is another guy to offer, especially since D points don't matter much in your league and CBJ is crowded on the D line so he may never reach his potential.

If you're keeping your 7th, then you'd need two really good players/prospects to pry 2nd OA. Everyone knows you're taking Bedard, and with Michkov as well in a keep 10 you'll be deadly in a few years, so I wouldn't worry about overpaying (slightly) in the meantime. I'd keep Hischier, Bratt, and Sergachev. Everyone else is tradeable and I wouldn't lose sleep over it knowing that you'll have two generational players on your roster in a few years.
    Team 1:
    J Hughes, Cooley (r), Bratt, Laine, M Tkachuk, Necas, A Svechnikov, S Jarvis, M Michkov (r), W Johnston, Zegras, Giroux, Norris, Couturier, B Jenner, T Krug, Burns, M Weegar, Werenski, Sergachev, B Clarke (r), Theodore, Sorokin , Oettinger, Askarov (r), Ersson
    12 teams, No salary cap
    Keep 14 plus 4 rookies (under 150 GP) max 18 players
    Scoring: G (1), A (1), +/- (0.25), H (0.1), B(0.1), PIM (0.1), SOG (0.1), GWG (1), PPP (1), SHP (1),
    Goalies: W (2), SO (3), GA (-0.5), OTL (1), SV (0.1)

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Quote Originally Posted by This Guy View Post
    If I had 2nd OA I wouldn't trade Michkov for most of your prospects. How long can you keep guys on the farm?
    Our league does age 24 with less than 150 games played is a prospect and can freely move back and forth through the season from farm to nhl roster. At 24+ or more than 150 games until 200 they have minor league status where we have to pass them through waivers. Some other details to it but that’s pretty much how our minor leagues work
    12 team weekly head to head keeper
    Stats: G, A, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG, +/-, PIM, W, S%, GAA, SO
    Keep 10 plus farm
    Set rosters Daily

C: Kuzy, DStrome, Hischier, Rossi
    LW: Ehlers, Perron, Mangiapane, Nyquist
    RW: Bratt, Caufield, Marchessault, Granlund
    D: Chychrun, Toews, Carlson, Slavin
    G: Hart, Kuemper, Lindgren

IR: Newhook, Sergachev

Minors: Tomasino, CPrimeau, Dorofeyev, Evans, Bedard, Kulich, Protas, Eklund, Neighbours, ABoqvist, Greig, Bourque, Benson, Samoskevich, Askarov, Spence, Soderstrom, Silvos, Jarventie, Bourgault, Simashev, Gajan, Olausson, Brisson, Reinbacher, Pinelli, CSavoie, Stankoven, Suzdalev

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I didn't see Caufield in your roster originally but he's another guy I wouldn't move. Thanks for the info on your farm system.

Based on that Newhook and Boqvist would be the guys who have value who I'd move if you're including your 7th OA. Basically ask the OGM what they're interested in and go from there, but be willing to almost any of your players for a Michkov upgrade.
    Team 1:
    J Hughes, Cooley (r), Bratt, Laine, M Tkachuk, Necas, A Svechnikov, S Jarvis, M Michkov (r), W Johnston, Zegras, Giroux, Norris, Couturier, B Jenner, T Krug, Burns, M Weegar, Werenski, Sergachev, B Clarke (r), Theodore, Sorokin , Oettinger, Askarov (r), Ersson
    12 teams, No salary cap
    Keep 14 plus 4 rookies (under 150 GP) max 18 players
    Scoring: G (1), A (1), +/- (0.25), H (0.1), B(0.1), PIM (0.1), SOG (0.1), GWG (1), PPP (1), SHP (1),
    Goalies: W (2), SO (3), GA (-0.5), OTL (1), SV (0.1)