Thread: Thompson/Hill

Dobber Sports Ace

Default Thompson/Hill

What does this playoff run by Adin Hill do to Thompson’s chances of being number one in Vegas next year?
    12 teams. Keep 9 any position.
    7 prospects. D scoring 3.75 for goal, 2.75 for assist. Forwards 3.5 for goal, 2.5 for assist. 0.5 for hits and blocks. Goalie scoring -1.5 GA, 0.3 for save, 2 points for win and extra 2 for shutout.

​Pre Draft

F: Keller, Zegras, Suzuki, Caufield, Cozens

D:​ Drysdale, Guhle, Perunovich

G:

IR:

Prospects: W. Johnston, K. Johnson, Guenther, Morrow, Mateychuk

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Re: Thompson/Hill

Quote Originally Posted by bbfl1987 View Post
    What does this playoff run by Adin Hill do to Thompson’s chances of being number one in Vegas next year?
    I see the three most likely scenarios are:

1. Hill being a UFA, signs elsewhere for 4M$ per season. Leaving Thompson with clear runway for #1, or time share assuming Lehner is healthy.

2. Hill stays with Vegas and you have a 1A/1B situation assuming Lehner does not play.

3. Hill stays with Vegas, and assuming Lehner is healthy, you have a messy situation with three decent goalies, that resolves itself with one of three being dealt.

Dobber Sports Ace

Would you still keep Thompson over guys like Domi or Girard? Those were the best guys I had that didn’t make the initial cut.
    12 teams. Keep 9 any position.
    7 prospects. D scoring 3.75 for goal, 2.75 for assist. Forwards 3.5 for goal, 2.5 for assist. 0.5 for hits and blocks. Goalie scoring -1.5 GA, 0.3 for save, 2 points for win and extra 2 for shutout.

​Pre Draft

F: Keller, Zegras, Suzuki, Caufield, Cozens

D:​ Drysdale, Guhle, Perunovich

G:

IR:

Prospects: W. Johnston, K. Johnson, Guenther, Morrow, Mateychuk

Dobber Sports Padawan

Would you still keep Thompson over guys like Domi or Girard? Those were the best guys I had that didn’t make the initial cut.
    Domi: yes. Unless he returns to Chicago or somewhere similar, Domi is mainly a complementary piece somewhere like he is in Dallas.
    Girard: probably. He's been under the 0.5 PTS/GP mark for two seasons, but he's an injury or two away from holding significant value.

Hopefully you can wait a while before making your final decision, as the Vegas goalie situation has a lot of unknowns right now.
    Follow me on Twitter @Ian_Gooding

Administrator

If you've been paying attention you know #1 goalies are hardly a thing these days. Ullmark was out of his mind this year and his "backup" played 37 games.

It's likely going to be a split (give or take obviously) with Dell or Brossoit, and Vegas is typically more of a wild ride than most teams. Thompson is the more talented of the three goalies but can he stay healthy?

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust