Thread: Arturs Silovs

Dobber Sports Icon

Default Arturs Silovs

Is he going to be on the Canucks next year or is he just the next goalie in a long line of Latvian goalies who look ridiculously good at international events but don't really have good nhl careers?

Dobber Sports Pro

Default Re: Arturs Silovs

Quote Originally Posted by chuckcouples View Post
    Is he going to be on the Canucks next year or is he just the next goalie in a long line of Latvian goalies who look ridiculously good at international events but don't really have good nhl careers?
    I think there is a good chance at this point - he took over #1 for the AHL team from Spencer and he won 3 of 5 games in the NHL - have to watch if Delia resigns with the nucks or not as he is a UFA
    Last edited by hawkdog; May 25, 2023 at 10:57 PM. Reason: add with
    NA Hockey League 16 team H2H league multicat
    2010/2011 2014/2015 Champs

Saad, Kesler, Monahan, Ladd, T. Johnson, Hoffman, Neiderrieter, D. Sedin, O'Reilly, Hudler

Wideman, Barrie, Stralman, Muzzin, Enstrom, Vatanen

Miller, Lack, Elliot

Dobber Sports Padawan

Yeah, Silovs is having a great World Hockey Championship. He could be on the Canucks next season if the Canucks don't re-sign Delia and can't spring for another backup goalie because of their cap situation. His only competition would be Spencer Martin, who had the worst GSAA (goals saved above average) of any goalie this season.

However, I think Silovs is better off with another full season in Abbotsford as the starter. He's only 22, and the Canucks aren't the easiest team for a young goalie. Another rough start from the Canucks could break the kid's confidence.
    Follow me on Twitter @Ian_Gooding

Dobber Sports Padawan

He’s looked solid and probably worth a prospect spot if you have one. Goalies can go either way real quick though.

Dobber Sports Icon

I think his NHL value has increased greatly over the past two weeks. Pretty happy I drafted him in my dynasty sim league last summer. Hopefully he gets a chance when Demko gets his annual injury.

Dobber Sports Icon

Looks like Arturs Silovs has jumped up 87 spots on the Dobber top 50 goalie prospects list from October. That's a decent season!