Thread: Who to trade(if any)

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Who to trade(if any)

20tm salary keeper league in signature. 1G start per day.

I think 3 Active goalies is too much to roster. Last year I traded away Husso because of his new contract and having Jarry/Saros/Swayman.

This year, I still have Jarry/Saros/Swayman. With Swayman and Jarry needing new contracts, this will put me up against or over the cap with also owning Caufield.

Thus, looking at moving one. While we do not know contracts or what team yet, I am thinking Jarry is the one I am most likely to trade. Opinions?
    20tm multicat salary keeper
    19 Active/6 Reserve/ 33 Minors
    3C/3LW/3RW/3SKT/6D/1G
    Skaters: G/A/PlusMinus/PIM/SOG/PPP/SHP/Hit/Blk/FOW/FO%
    Goalies: W/GAA/SV/SV%/SHO

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Re: Who to trade(if any)

With your goalie categories and cap constraints, I’d be keeping Saros and Swayman. The Pens look to be in trouble and 4 or your 5 goalie cats need a good team in front of the goalie.
    32 Team Dynasty~NHL cap using AAV
    2400+ players owned
    12F 6D 1G 4Bench, 57 Minors
    Scoring Cats: - Skaters 1G, 1A, 0.1 for (each SOG, H, Blk) - Goalies 1W, 1Shutout, .05 save
    12F - Panarin~Batherson~Kadri~Verhaeghe~
    Marchessault~Barbashev~N.Roy~Bjorkstrand~Sharangov ich~
    Pacioretty~Drouin~Joey Anderson
    6D - Carlson~Borgen~Ferraro~Middleton~Benoit
    1G - Shesterkin
    Minors (I have 57):
    Fwd:Kovalenko~Berggren~Dufour~N.Foote~M.Phillips~Rousek~ Posposil~Alexandrov~McMann~Lavoie
    D: Tucker~Z.Jones~Kaiser~A.Hirose~Mermis
    Livingstone~Korczak~J.Poirier~Ahcan~Emberson
    G: Hofer~Sandstrom~Annunen~Prosvetov~
    Stevenson~Tolopilo~Clang~Chrona

The Magnificent One

Quote Originally Posted by BloodSport View Post
    With your goalie categories and cap constraints, I’d be keeping Saros and Swayman. The Pens look to be in trouble and 4 or your 5 goalie cats need a good team in front of the goalie.
    Jarry most likely won't be a Pen, as he's a UFA and probably sees the writing on the wall in terms of the team's outlook
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by BlackhawksFan View Post

I think 3 Active goalies is too much to roster. Last year I traded away Husso because of his new contract and having Jarry/Saros/Swayman.

This year, I still have Jarry/Saros/Swayman. With Swayman and Jarry needing new contracts, this will put me up against or over the cap with also owning Caufield.

Thus, looking at moving one. While we do not know contracts or what team yet, I am thinking Jarry is the one I am most likely to trade. Opinions?
    I have a decision there to make myself with Swayman and jarry. Hellebuyck is a no brainer keep for me. But Goalie cats are 40% of my league cats and some people do keep 3 goalies in this league because their value is so high.

My guess is I keep McDavid, Crosby, Zibanejad, Hellebuyck again and my current thought process is to keep Swayman due to him splitting Boston starts, but im waiting to hear contracts and see where Jarry ends up as if he ends up full starter somewhere decent.

His health is becoming a concern, and the fact that the pens didn't yet resign him.
    #1 Yahoo Keep 5, 14 teams
    C, C, RW, LW, F, F, D, D, D, Uti, G, G, BN, BN, BN, BN
    G, A, P, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, FOW~W, L, GAA, Sv%, saves, SO

McDavid C
    , Kadri C, Zibanejad C, Mackinnon C, Boldy LW/RW, Backlund C, Duchene C/RW, Fantilli C, Batherson LW/RW, Forsberg LW, Zegras C IR, Mintyukov D, Dunn D, Seider D, Hellebucyk G, Kochetkov, Bobrovsky G

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by BlackhawksFan View Post

If its the team in your sig and if its category scorring i think keeping all 3 of these guys is best move and figure out cap break elsewhere...

But if you want to move someone i agree to move Jarry.
    14 Teams H2H Dynasty, 28 roster spots (8 bench), 15 minors under 100
    Weekly Matchups - Daily Lineups

Skaters: G/A/Pt/PIM/SoG/STP/H+B/ToI/Corsi
    Goalies: W/GAA/SVs/SV%/SHO

C: Eichel, Kadri, Mcdavid, Sodeberg, Schenn
    LW: Ehlers, Landeskog, Meier, Debrusk, Foegele, Lee
    RW: Pastrnak, Marner, Palmieri, Terry, D. Brown, Bailey, Granlund
    D: Krug, Josi, Ekholm, Faulk, Muzzin, Karlsson, Cernak,
    G: Hellebuyck, Biship, M Jones

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Of the 3 guys the OP listed, Jarry has the least talent, and the worst team. He's the guy to move.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Icon

If you’re not in a rush, it may be worth holding out until Jarry signs somewhere and then moving him at that time.

When a goalie goes to a new team, you're pretty much bound to find someone with an optimistic view on it working out. You might get a better return on trading him at that time.
    Without me, it's only "aweso".

Dobber Sports Superstar

Jarry had an abysmal season because of injuries but despite that he had a solid month plus run whilst healthy where he was absolutely dominant. You need to bank on a return to health and keep him and Saros as unquestioned starters IMO. I owned Jarry last year, so call me biased but that one run alone which was very reflective of his stellar campaign in '21-'22, makes him a still desired own at only 28 years old. Started 47 games, won 24, had a .909 SV% in a down year, you can't just toss that because of a bad luck campaign.

Maybe Pens can't compete anymore but they'll be in the mix as long as that core laces them up. With new management set to come in I am forecasting a rebound for the Steel City. I can't see them letting him walk with this core in the midst of it's final act and about to have roughly $20 mil to work with this summer.

Dobber Sports Padawan

I would say Saros and Swayman are the two you should move forward with