Thread: [Re-signed] Kyle Okposo

Dobber Sports Deity

Default [Re-signed] Kyle Okposo

https://twitter.com/Sportsnet/status...ttFTKTIDQ&s=19

The @BuffaloSabres have re-signed captain Kyle Okposo to a one-year, $2.5M deal. ✍️
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Default Re: [Re-signed] Kyle Okposo

Expected closer to league min but I ultimately think this is a smart decision for Buffalo.

Dobber Sports Titan

I was expecting it to be cheaper too. Or at least have some of it be bonus based to bring the cap down.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Ninja

Still a pretty useful player and will help with showing the younger players how to be a pro, but I'll echo the previous two posters in thinking the contract would be less.
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

The Great One

Yeah a little high but the term is great.
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch

Dobber Sports Padawan

Good for him.

Dobber Sports Superstar

Saw the headline and had to think hard where he was these days, still got it wrong.
    Seems like a find number for a useful NHL player. Short-term is team friendly as well.
    12 team H-2-H 1 year league, daily roster changes, 3 goalie start minimum/week
    2xC, 2xRW, 2xLW, 4xD, 3xUtil, 2xG, 5 Bench
    G, A, P, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG, Hits, W, SV%, GAA, SVs
    C: C. Keller, C. Mittelstadt, B. Nelson, R. Strome,
    LW: K. Connor, B. Tkachuk, J. Gaudreau, J. Marchessault, E. Rodrigues, A. Lafreniere
    RW: K. Fiala, J. Bratt, T. Jeannot V. Arvidsson
    D: R. Josi, J. Trouba, E. Gustafsson,
    G: L. Thompson, F. Gustavsson, V. Vanecek
    NO IR

Dobber Sports Titan

For a team that has a ton of cap space this yr, and a team that still has questions on their next captain, this is a solid signing.

They have a bunch of deals coming up and a couple of them potentially being huge deals (Power and Dahlin), but they do have a lot of cap space this yr ($17m) with like 3 spots to fill up front.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

The Magnificent One

Not sure how he got it to be that high, but he is a pretty good fit for the team given where they are now
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

Dobber Sports Demi-God

I think that number on Okposo was a bit high too.
    That said... an under-the-radar stat is that Buffalo's 3rd line: Girgensons-Krebs-Okposo was actually their best shot differential line last year.
    It also represented their best defensive line (least shots against per minute).
    https://frozenpool.dobbersports.com/...&situation=ALL

With Krebs being a young player, sometimes you want to keep two parts of a line that showed some success for the team. (Girgensons is UFA & assumed not returning given BUF's youth movement rising up)

ps. I only know this because I watch Krebs closely - owning him in a league. He's become a very fine all-around NHLer... surprisingly strong in their smarts... just not putting the puck in a lot... but if you score more goals (or get more shots) than your opponent... you're doing OK.

Administrator

It's probably too high by about 1 million but I doubt it matters. It's a one-year deal and I don't think they are hitting next year's cap ceiling. Meanwhile he can accept declining minutes and have a leadership effect similar to Maroon/Perry in the bottom-six. Next summer they can re-sign him again (probably for even less) or move on. No harm done.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    It's probably too high by about 1 million but I doubt it matters. It's a one-year deal and I don't think they are hitting next year's cap ceiling. Meanwhile he can accept declining minutes and have a leadership effect similar to Maroon/Perry in the bottom-six. Next summer they can re-sign him again (probably for even less) or move on. No harm done.
    I agree.
    Probably an overpay now to have him be happy and accept a lower pay next contract. Leaving more cap space when the team is aiming for greater playoff success.
    Interested in being a Dobber Hockey champion?
    Join Our Tiered League Now!
    Climb your way to the top of a three tiered Roto league.
    Check out the link below for more info or PM me!
    https://forums.dobbersports.com/show...League-2023-24