Thread: Aho trade

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Aho for Nylander

16 team dynasty league I am currently trying to build a roster that’s competitive but young ( I want a large window ) I finished 1 spot outside of playoffs and now I think I’ll start making some win now moves. Scoring category are G, A, PTS, Hits, FOW, SOG, BLKs, TOI, W, Sv%, GAA, Sv. Max of 2 goalies on active roster. Minor eligibility is 150 games

My team-

C- Aho, Eichel, Pettterson, Norris, , Gourde, Barkov

LW-, Landeskog , Keller , Mittelstad, Hintz and Guadreau

RW- Roy, Tanev, Sheary, Nichuskinin and Mangiapane

D- Dahlin, Makar, Morgan Rielly , McAvoy, Ristolainen, Chabot, Adam Larsson and Poink

G- Demko, Samsonov( IR )

Picks- 1st overall and 40th overall

Prospects- Connor Geekie, Riley Kidney , Quinton Byfield , T.Bourdeleau, B.Brisson, Jacob Perriault, Danila Yurov, Fydor Svechkov, Edvinsson, Hienola, Lambos, Mallioux, Niemela and Livingstone + spot start players ( 150 games max )

My opinion- This is a upper middle of the pack team in terms of competitiveness and my wingers are what’s holding me back

The trade offer is my Aho and Niemela for his Nylander and Nikishin

Should I make that move or hold out for a better offer to upgrade at wing. I am high on Nikishin.

Dobber Sports Ace

Default Re: Aho trade

This is basically a 1 for 1 Aho for Nylander.

Nylander's situation could improve in the offseason given the upheaval in Toronto. They're already pretty even over the last 3 seasons but Nylander had a much better season this year and should at least maintain or slightly improve unless something really dramatic happens in Toronto.

I think I would do this if you're secure at center.
    16 team Pts only dynasty league
    G, A, PPG, SHG, GWG, Svs, SO's, W's
    Pro Roster Starters: 9 F, 6 D 1 G

FWD: Hertl, Forsberg, Quinn, Rantanen, Debrincat, Couturier, Dach, Trocheck, Larkin, Seguin
    D: Chychrun, Grzelcyk, Trouba, Burns, Walman, Karlsson, Graves
    G: Kahkkonen, Keumper, Reimer

Farm (notables):
    F: Pekarcik, Dellandrea, Cowan, Puistola, Halttunen, Simoneau, Bolduc, Nadeau, Stankhoven
    D: Brzustewicz, Alexeyev, Jiricek, Reinbacher, Minnetian
    G: Fedotov, Tarasov, Kochetkov, Skarek, M. Gibson

Quote Originally Posted by random-d View Post
    This is basically a 1 for 1 Aho for Nylander.

Nylander's situation could improve in the offseason given the upheaval in Toronto. They're already pretty even over the last 3 seasons but Nylander had a much better season this year and should at least maintain or slightly improve unless something really dramatic happens in Toronto.

I think I would do this if you're secure at center.
    That’s what I’m thinking but no love for Nikishin? He’s a pretty high end prospect imo maybe even top 10 in NHL.

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by Nylander2.0 View Post
    That’s what I’m thinking but no love for Nikishin? He’s a pretty high end prospect imo maybe even top 10 in NHL.
    He's fine but he doesn't really make or break the deal since he's an unknown at the moment. I mean if you like him consider it a bonus and a definite win for you but the crux of the deal is Aho for Nylander which I think works out for you.

I would wait and see if there's any other perspective on it that I haven't considered, I'm by no means the expert here but on the surface this doesn't look like an expert kind of deal. You're dealing from a position of strength to address a weakness and you're getting a prospect you like on top of that. Seems like a win to me.
    16 team Pts only dynasty league
    G, A, PPG, SHG, GWG, Svs, SO's, W's
    Pro Roster Starters: 9 F, 6 D 1 G

FWD: Hertl, Forsberg, Quinn, Rantanen, Debrincat, Couturier, Dach, Trocheck, Larkin, Seguin
    D: Chychrun, Grzelcyk, Trouba, Burns, Walman, Karlsson, Graves
    G: Kahkkonen, Keumper, Reimer

Farm (notables):
    F: Pekarcik, Dellandrea, Cowan, Puistola, Halttunen, Simoneau, Bolduc, Nadeau, Stankhoven
    D: Brzustewicz, Alexeyev, Jiricek, Reinbacher, Minnetian
    G: Fedotov, Tarasov, Kochetkov, Skarek, M. Gibson

Dobber Sports All-Star

Not bad but can you squeeze something like an early pick? I mean, I don't want to scare the deer away but maybe something else? If your high on Nikishin then maybe, it's enough but you are giving away a pretty good C. It's close for me.
    Call me old one more time.

- Roy Kent

Dobber Sports Superstar

I'll start by saying I don't necessarily mind this trade. Is it a slam dunk? Well, definitely not IMO. The reason I don't mind this trade is that it does address a positional requirement meaning getting stronger on the Wing. You have a nice group of Centers, so Aho is expendable in that respect. You are also adding a potential high end defensive prospect. There are a few concerns here, however. You want a large window, but you are moving a 25 year old center for a 27 year old Winger. As was already mentioned there are some concerning "rumblings" coming out of Toronto as per Elliot Friedman and what goes on this summer could benefit Nylander but it could also hurt him, it's up in the air. I like Nikishin as well, but he is under contract in the KHL until 2025. There is also the geopolitical situation at play and what that might mean, well, that's anybody's guess. Bottom line is that Nikishin's NHL career will be a wait and worst-case scenario, not happen at all. All this to say that this trade has some significant risk associated with it. I would recommend holding off on this trade and trying to find a deal that more perfectly aligns with your requirement and has a little less risk associated with it.
    14 Team Roto; Keep 25; 12 F, 6 D, 2 G; 10 Farm; 5 Bench; 5 IR;

Salary Cap - 102.5 Mil

Scoring Cats: G, A, Pts, PIM, Hits, BS, SOG, F Points, D Points; Win+Ties+SO, GAA, SV%

Keepers

F: Aho, Larkin, DeBrincat, Vrana, Bennett, Scheifele, Kakko,Tolvanen, McBain,

D: Heiskanen, Fox, Toews, Lundqvist

G: Swayman, Andersen, Copley

Drops

F: Gaudreau, Terravainen, Puljujarvi, Kravstov, Zary

D: Brannstrom, Cernak, Alexeyev

G: Korpisalo, Merzlikins

FARM: Rossi, Berggren, Holtz, Savoie, Clarke, Tarasov, Wolf

Thanks for the input guys it is appreciated

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I like Aho more, as he's more certain in role, and younger. However, it does fill a positional need.

I'd think about it, but keep looking.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I like Aho more than Nylander, but given the position scarcity on RW compared to C, Nylander makes up for it. And I like Nikishin's potential a lot more than Niemela's. It's not robbery, it's a balanced deal that makes sense for your team.
    24 team H2H dynasty, fantasy points, no cap
    Skaters: G 4.5 (5 for Ds), A 3, PPG 1.5 (2 for Ds), PPA 1 (1.5 for Ds), SHP 2, Ft 2, HIT 0.6, BLK 0.6, SOG 0.3 (0.4 for Ds), FW 0.1, Tk 0.5 // Gv -0.3
    Goalies: W 3.5, SHO 5, SV 0.5, A 3 // GA -3, L -1.5
    4C, 4LW, 4RW, 6D, 2G, 4BN, 4IR

C: McDavid, MacKinnon, Hischier
    LW: B.Tkachuk, Ovechkin, Paul(C), Jankowski(C)
    LW/RW: Meier, Fiala, Giroux(C), Niederreiter
    RW: Reinhart, Anderson, Armia
    D: Josi, Matheson, Durzi, Moser, Cernak, Zadorov, Siegenthaler
    G: Daccord, Merzlikins, Vanecek, Pickard

44 minors; most noteables: A.Schmid, E.Andrae, M.Kesselring, S.Malinski, B.Pachal, L.Stanley, L.Bichsel, E.Soderblom,...

I ended up making the trade I shopped Aho for awhile and that was my best offer. Maybe I should’ve waited until the 2 spots are filled in my league but ohh well I think this deal makes me a better team.

Also if anyone is interested in joining this league there is a 2 team dispersal draft with one of the teams being a perennial top 3 team that couldn’t continue due to financial issues.

Drop your email and I’ll forward to commish

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by Nylander2.0 View Post
    I ended up making the trade I shopped Aho for awhile and that was my best offer. Maybe I should’ve waited until the 2 spots are filled in my league but ohh well I think this deal makes me a better team.

Also if anyone is interested in joining this league there is a 2 team dispersal draft with one of the teams being a perennial top 3 team that couldn’t continue due to financial issues.

Drop your email and I’ll forward to commish
    I think the deal was fair enough