Thread: Help Me Construct A Realistic Lafreniere Trade!

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default Help Me Construct A Realistic Lafreniere Trade!

So mock trades are not my strong suit but the premise here is pretty simple. Montreal seems to have an interest on Lafreniere and supposedly has the 5th overall hypothetically in play. I think it will take more but im not sure how much more at this point.

The 5th for Lafreniere probably opens the door at this point but in order to get NYR actively interested i think you need to throw in some of what they need most which is "here and now" players that thrive in the post season. I think Slaf makes sense here but in the interest of not making Habs fans heads explode let's go with the 5th oa here

My thoughts are two pieces:

Josh Anderson at 50% retained puts him at 2.75 or so which is essentially what comes off the book with Kane leaving (pretty much anyways). I'm not the biggest Anderson fan but apparently there is a pretty serious market for him. He could provide leadership, clutch scoring and physicality from basically the same spot Lafreniere was occupying- third line winger- and would likely be able tofare just as well there and arguably have a bigger impact on the game with the hits and tenacity he brings. I mean Lafreniere set the bar pretty low and I think he can probably replace the 50 odd points that are outgoing in a good year! Again not a huge fan but this is a meaningful piece- an asset that has value in the trade market and who addresses a genuine need on the Rangers- or at least an area they'll want want to fortify behind Kreider

The other "piece" is more of a swap but it actually brings it back a little bit as it probably skews more in favor of MTL. The swap would be Xhekaj for Zac Jones. For NY Jones is a little bit redundant with all the dman scoring they have and he could be added to MTLs burgeoning versatile blue line and provide that oh si yantalizing "upside" we all love to bandy about! Xhekaj has been a force of nature this year- physically, as a shutdown guy, as a pugilist and even as an occasional scorer. I think that grit and character would be a welcome addition to the Rags come playoff time and hes as hard of a worker as they come (He worked at idea last summer!!). I think in fantasy terms its a bit lopsided but in terms of irl dmen- its a swap worth considering. They certainly don't have to trade Jones but he's a luxury at this point and exploring a trade for him is at least plausible.

Full Trade:

Josh Anderson, Arber Xhekaj, and the 5th oa
    For Alexis Lafreniere and Zac Jones

Am I on glue? Is it at least good glue? Last question- where can I buy good huffing glue in Northern Manitoba?

Dobber Sports Superstar

Default Re: Help Me Construct A Realistic Lafreniere Trade!

the reality is he just posted 39 points in his age 21 season, he has scored more points and played more games every year, this time one shy of a complete season. He is going nowhere, the next coaching regime will cater to the next wave in Kakko, Laf, Chytil, Miller, etc. If Drury has ever watched hockey he knows that Anderson is single pane glass. I am all for Zac Jones being sent somewhere where he can actually play, he has talent. Him for Xhekaj straight up I would be down for.

Rangers need win now components with their current crop of star forwards now all 30 plus. And yes Josh is that type of component but has just one healthy campaign, not for me but hey I'm not Drury.

Dobber Sports Ace

Give up on Laffy.

Poop
    Regroup
    Come up with a new plan
    16 team Pts only dynasty league
    G, A, PPG, SHG, GWG, Svs, SO's, W's
    Pro Roster Starters: 9 F, 6 D 1 G

FWD: Hertl, Forsberg, Quinn, Rantanen, Debrincat, Couturier, Dach, Trocheck, Larkin, Seguin
    D: Chychrun, Grzelcyk, Trouba, Burns, Walman, Karlsson, Graves
    G: Kahkkonen, Keumper, Reimer

Farm (notables):
    F: Pekarcik, Dellandrea, Cowan, Puistola, Halttunen, Simoneau, Bolduc, Nadeau, Stankhoven
    D: Brzustewicz, Alexeyev, Jiricek, Reinbacher, Minnetian
    G: Fedotov, Tarasov, Kochetkov, Skarek, M. Gibson

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Quote Originally Posted by random-d View Post
    Give up on Laffy.

Poop
    Regroup
    Come up with a new plan
    I just don't know what they'll get for him. I came back to edit this cause I'm reading a lot of articles saying montreal might not offer their SECOND pick lol! Crazy to me but thats what they're saying...

Dobber Sports Wizard

Both lady and miller are RFAs ….I think rangers will have an issue paying both a filling up the roster….this is why stupid things like he isn’t worth 2 nd rounder are circling …things will sort themselves out
    14 Teams H2H Dynasty, 28 roster spots (8 bench), 15 minors under 100
    Weekly Matchups - Daily Lineups

Skaters: G/A/Pt/PIM/SoG/STP/H+B/ToI/Corsi
    Goalies: W/GAA/SVs/SV%/SHO

C: Eichel, Kadri, Mcdavid, Sodeberg, Schenn
    LW: Ehlers, Landeskog, Meier, Debrusk, Foegele, Lee
    RW: Pastrnak, Marner, Palmieri, Terry, D. Brown, Bailey, Granlund
    D: Krug, Josi, Ekholm, Faulk, Muzzin, Karlsson, Cernak,
    G: Hellebuyck, Biship, M Jones