Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Huge offer

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Re: Huge offer

So I ended up making a deal that I do like after listening and evaluating all of your advices 1st off here are a few notes.

1. Obviously Nuke is going through some stuff right now but he gets a ton of minutes in Colorado beside Mackinnon and he is really a beast in this format with TOI imo. I think this guy is a massive buy low.

2. I am now planning on flipping a centre

3. Mittelstad, Hintz and Pettersson are all C/LW flex

So here is the final deal.

I give- Savoie, Terivianen, Dumais, Cooley, Yamamoto, 4th overall, 5th overall and 8th overall

I get- Barkov, Hintz, Nichuskin and Chabot

Thank you all for the input and I appreciate the advice

Administrator

Getting Cooley out of the original deal is a big win for you. I thought it was justifiable to pay the big price before, but now that's great. And you basically swapped Dumais and Yamamoto for Nichushkin with the add ins, which is a fine gamble to take. Good sell high on Dumais and buy low on Nichushkin.

I still don't love the Chabot part of this thing. I think you gave assets for a player in a muddy situation at a position you didn't need. I'd have saved one of those 1st rounders to put into another piece.

The thing about draft season is that the hype and anticipation keeps ramping up so I'd argue you haven't hit the peak value for those picks. Ultimately, you paid a lot but got more than your fair share of star power. Now you've got to tweak to make the pieces fit.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by metaldude26 View Post
    Getting Cooley out of the original deal is a big win for you. I thought it was justifiable to pay the big price before, but now that's great. And you basically swapped Dumais and Yamamoto for Nichushkin with the add ins, which is a fine gamble to take. Good sell high on Dumais and buy low on Nichushkin.

I still don't love the Chabot part of this thing. I think you gave assets for a player in a muddy situation at a position you didn't need. I'd have saved one of those 1st rounders to put into another piece.

The thing about draft season is that the hype and anticipation keeps ramping up so I'd argue you haven't hit the peak value for those picks. Ultimately, you paid a lot but got more than your fair share of star power. Now you've got to tweak to make the pieces fit.
    Sorry I had to edit my post I did still have to give Cooley. But yes I do need to tweak my wingers. I’m hoping Byfield breaks out on the top line beside Kopitar so that’s abit of an internal hope.

Would you Swap Chabot for Montour?

Dobber Sports Ace

Good news is, you have plenty of flexibility down the middle to flip some assets into more of what you're missing.
    16 team Pts only dynasty league
    G, A, PPG, SHG, GWG, Svs, SO's, W's
    Pro Roster Starters: 9 F, 6 D 1 G

FWD: Hertl, Forsberg, Quinn, Rantanen, Debrincat, Couturier, Dach, Trocheck, Larkin, Seguin
    D: Chychrun, Grzelcyk, Trouba, Burns, Walman, Karlsson, Graves
    G: Kahkkonen, Keumper, Reimer

Farm (notables):
    F: Pekarcik, Dellandrea, Cowan, Puistola, Halttunen, Simoneau, Bolduc, Nadeau, Stankhoven
    D: Brzustewicz, Alexeyev, Jiricek, Reinbacher, Minnetian
    G: Fedotov, Tarasov, Kochetkov, Skarek, M. Gibson

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Nylander2.0 View Post
    Sorry I had to edit my post I did still have to give Cooley. But yes I do need to tweak my wingers. I’m hoping Byfield breaks out on the top line beside Kopitar so that’s abit of an internal hope.

Would you Swap Chabot for Montour?
    I like it a lot less then. You can justify it, but I think this was too early in the process for this swing. No one had the draft assets you did. I'd have kept grinding and shopping around. But people also hate my grinding trading style.

I think Montour and Chabot are in a similar boat with a ton of internal competition for prime PP1 minutes. So few Dmen are locked in as those #1 guys or fantasy relevant regardless of usage. You get a bit more peripherals with Chabot but maybe a bit more security with Montour. No turning back, but just not a position I'd be putting my prime assets into.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Dobber Sports Wizard

too many picks going away including top 4 which may end up close to barkov in value one day....

i dont like this...i think if its Savoie and not Norris and you remove the 4th then its ok
    14 Teams H2H Dynasty, 28 roster spots (8 bench), 15 minors under 100
    Weekly Matchups - Daily Lineups

Skaters: G/A/Pt/PIM/SoG/STP/H+B/ToI/Corsi
    Goalies: W/GAA/SVs/SV%/SHO

C: Eichel, Kadri, Mcdavid, Sodeberg, Schenn
    LW: Ehlers, Landeskog, Meier, Debrusk, Foegele, Lee
    RW: Pastrnak, Marner, Palmieri, Terry, D. Brown, Bailey, Granlund
    D: Krug, Josi, Ekholm, Faulk, Muzzin, Karlsson, Cernak,
    G: Hellebuyck, Biship, M Jones

Dobber Sports Pro

You got some solid pieces, but in a dynasty it feels like you gave up too many top end futures.
    12 Team Keep 6: G/A:1 W/SO:2
    C - McDavid, Matthews, Schiefele
    LW - Draisaitl, Fiala, Meier
    RW - ​​Marner, Barzal, Zuccarello
    D - Dahlin, Morrissey, Dunn, Matheson
    G - Skinner
    B - Marchessault, Caufield, Saros

12 Team Keep 10 (& 5 Minors)
    : G/A/OTL:1 W:2 SO:3
    '24 Picks (16 Rounds) - 1,1,1,1,1,2,2,3,3,3,5,5,6,6
    F - ​McDavid, Rantanen, Point, Aho, Nylander, M. Tkachuk, Guentzel, Pavelski, Duchene, Nyqvist, Rossi
    D - Bouchard, Dobson, Matheson, Andersson, Letang
    G - Vasilevskiy, Markstrom
    B - Mateychuk
    M - Cooley, Michkov, Perreault, Hutson, Nikishin

Thanks for the input guys it’s definitely not a trade I can take as a clear win.