Thread: Thoughts on Necas? REP

Dobber Sports Ace

Default Thoughts on Necas? REP

I was a fan of his when my league was a points only. We’ve now switched to multi cat. Does this hurt or help his value? He had a decent amount of shots this year but if memory serves, he wasn’t a big shooter in previous years. Any thoughts welcomed.
    12 teams. Keep 9 any position.
    7 prospects. D scoring 3.75 for goal, 2.75 for assist. Forwards 3.5 for goal, 2.5 for assist. 0.5 for hits and blocks. Goalie scoring -1.5 GA, 0.3 for save, 2 points for win and extra 2 for shutout.

​Pre Draft

F: Keller, Zegras, Suzuki, Caufield, Cozens

D:​ Drysdale, Guhle, Perunovich

G:

IR:

Prospects: W. Johnston, K. Johnson, Guenther, Morrow, Mateychuk

The Great One

Default Re: Thoughts on Necas? REP

A switch to multicat hurts him a little. He had 57 hits which is fine and 240 shots which is great. He’s only getting better from here. Definite hold in a multicat.
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch

Dobber Sports Sophomore

It's a hold for me as well! There's definitely room here for an increase in ice time per game (18:23) , so we could see a jump in some categories over the next years.
    12 teams - points only, keep all

20 players ( 8 FWD - 4 DEF - 2 GK + BENCH)

FWD
    Kucherov
    Kuznetsov
    Crosby
    Kane
    Lindholm
    Aho
    J.Hughes
    Landeskog

DEF
    Hamilton, Jones, Montour, Letang

G
    Markstrom, Grubauer

BENCH
    Glass, Gustafsson, Tolvanen, Andersson, Levi

Dobber Sports Star

I wouldn't worry about Necas given the league switch. It isn't as if he's a no hits, no pim, no SOG guy.

Dobber Sports Superstar

While Necas may not fit the definition of a multi cat stud (whatever that might actually mean), his numbers are absolutely solid in a number of scoring cats, and I'm agreed that he maintains solid value in a multi cat vice a points only. Not a stud but a very good own.
    14 Team Roto; Keep 25; 12 F, 6 D, 2 G; 10 Farm; 5 Bench; 5 IR;

Salary Cap - 102.5 Mil

Scoring Cats: G, A, Pts, PIM, Hits, BS, SOG, F Points, D Points; Win+Ties+SO, GAA, SV%

Keepers

F: Aho, Larkin, DeBrincat, Vrana, Bennett, Scheifele, Kakko,Tolvanen, McBain,

D: Heiskanen, Fox, Toews, Lundqvist

G: Swayman, Andersen, Copley

Drops

F: Gaudreau, Terravainen, Puljujarvi, Kravstov, Zary

D: Brannstrom, Cernak, Alexeyev

G: Korpisalo, Merzlikins

FARM: Rossi, Berggren, Holtz, Savoie, Clarke, Tarasov, Wolf

Dobber Sports Sophomore

A couple things:

- I find it remarkable that him and Ehlers both increases their sog rates so dramatically. It went from a weak point to being around the top 20 in the league. Necas was 18th i believe. I think thats absolutely fantastic and you have to figure the fact that he had a career year (by a landslide) will be a motivator to keep shooting the puck- but I do wonder if there's at least a bit of a market correction next year? At 240 in 82 gp thats just about 3 per game and if thats his new normal- even the higher end of his new normal id be stoked about that!

- In terms of multi cat- his pims and hits are nothing to write home about but he had 187 for which again is not great but becomes a heck of a lot more intriguing if he has wing eligibility in your format! In general hes a point getter and adding sogs was a nice bonus. He gets roughly 3 mins on the pp and about 30% of his points were pp- both those numbers are pretty standard for a scoring line player which is nice when you factor in that he doesn't always skate on the topline. While there's a bit of room for growth here there is not a ton.

- Odd stat- his shooting percentage was actually a little down this year! He shot 11.7 which is not crazy low but he's had two seasons of 16 and 18% which means when hes firing at his peakc) he could add 70-80% of his goal total (22ish by my quick amd dirty donkey math) off the back of variance alone. I dont need to say that even half that would be a boon for owners! If these sog trends continue its great news for your necas shares.

- I know people on here prefer the "crunchy" stuff but contextually speaking Necas spent the bulk of his time on what was decidedly more of a clear cut "second line" with TT and JK (Teuvo and Kotkaniemi). His pp time was just fine being attached to wherever Svechnikov and Aho were but its interesting to note that he spent so much time with those two. The info is a little muddy because he did end up spending just under two thirds of his time on some kind of combination that included Aho but its worth noting that the gradual switch to rolling two more balanced lines was something they worked into gradually which might be an indicator that thats the direction the team is heading in. I've often said that second line centers can thrive under the radar with less checking pressure but the net result is usually 10-20 points less than their counterpart on the topline. I love me some Aho but I've always felt that Necas could be just as good (better even?) and how hes used will have some kind of impact on where he plays.

So from that it tells me there's room to improve kn his shooting percentages as long as he keeps shooting but its probably not something you should "bank on at this point. That means a bump up 10 goals could happen just based on variance. It also says if he can carve out a spot on the topline alongside Aho he could maybe add 10 or so points just based on the linemate factor.

So id expect about the same with a reasonable upside of a 30 50 80 point season and an outside chance at 90. Hes a great piece to build around imho- but we are really hoping for another season of strong aog totals. Any regression in that department should be a serious red flag for owners! Its easy to forget he was a 12th overall in a draft that despite being mucky/divisive had some incredible talent at the top end- Patterson, Makar, Heiskanen. Those are some legendary names and he stacked up well against them in his draft year!

The Great One

Hey Emu, how are his IPP numbers?
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett

IR:

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by tweetdrivr View Post
    Hey Emu, how are his IPP numbers?
    They're like your post count- inconsequential. Why don't you cry about Cooley more? Your opinions really matter!!

The Great One

Again - interesting tac to use the Emu account to be an ass and the Pool Party account to act you know what you’re talking about. Is this fun?
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max

IR:

Dobber Sports Ace

Another vote for hold onto Necas

Dobber Sports Ace

In my settings, would you prefer Kyrou over Necas?
    12 teams. Keep 9 any position.
    7 prospects. D scoring 3.75 for goal, 2.75 for assist. Forwards 3.5 for goal, 2.5 for assist. 0.5 for hits and blocks. Goalie scoring -1.5 GA, 0.3 for save, 2 points for win and extra 2 for shutout.

​Pre Draft

F: Keller, Zegras, Suzuki, Caufield, Cozens

D:​ Drysdale, Guhle, Perunovich

G:

IR:

Prospects: W. Johnston, K. Johnson, Guenther, Morrow, Mateychuk

Dobber Sports Ace

It looks like goals are worth more in your multicat setup. Necas doesn’t add a ton in terms of hits/blocks. I would prefer Kyrou’s goal scoring upside over what Necas offers.