Thread: Thoughts on a couple guys. REP

Dobber Sports Ace

Default Thoughts on a couple guys. REP

Looking for some thoughts on Jarvis and Stankoven. Does Jarvis take a step forward next season? And what do you guys think he does in his prime?

I’ve been a big fan of Stankoven. What kind of wait time will he have? And what kind of player do you think he’ll become? Think he eventually gets some consistent Robertson exposure?
    12 teams. Keep 9 any position.
    7 prospects. D scoring 3.75 for goal, 2.75 for assist. Forwards 3.5 for goal, 2.5 for assist. 0.5 for hits and blocks. Goalie scoring -1.5 GA, 0.3 for save, 2 points for win and extra 2 for shutout.

​Pre Draft

F: Keller, Zegras, Suzuki, Caufield, Cozens

D:​ Drysdale, Guhle, Perunovich

G:

IR:

Prospects: W. Johnston, K. Johnson, Guenther, Morrow, Mateychuk

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Re: Thoughts on a couple guys. REP

I think Jarvis has PPG upside in his prime I think he won’t do it next year but could the year after that. As for Stankoven I really like him too. I don’t know how much exposure he’ll get with Robertson as long as Hintz is on the team however. I think Stankoven is too small for playing centre so unless he proves me wrong he won’t get much time with Robertson unless he can snag some PP1 time. I think he’ll be a 60-70 point guy and I think he will be at least 2 years in the AHL until he cracks the roster.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Its hard to tell what Jarvis will do because Carolina plays such a team-first style and even their top player Aho rarely hits PPG. For the time being I would see .75 ppg as a really good season from Jarvis.
    Dont really know if Stankoven will make the NHL next season so its hard to say.
    10 Team Limited Keeper (Keep 8) Points Only
    SALARY CAP (Player Salaries) League
    20 Player Teams = 12 Fwd 6 D 2 G

My team: ???

Dobber Sports Stud

Dallas has so many prospect options - Wyatt Johnston and Ty Dellandrea already on the roster, plus Stankoven, Mavrik Bourque, even Chase Wheatcroft, that Stankoven might be the best trade chip they send out for a pick. His value might just be at his peak now. Or he’ll get lost in the logjam. You have to believe that at 5’7”, he’s equal to Cole Caufield. I don’t see it.
    CONDORS, 2022-23 league champions, Reg Dunlop Mem Cup

12-team, H2H. Keep 12, but drop 2 of top four skaters, and also 2 of next six, then five more (from end-of-year rankings). One GK max.

Stutzle, Sergachev
    Keller, Doughty, Verhaeghe, ErikssonEk
    E.Lindholm, Barzal, J.Gaudreau, Huberdeau, S. Wright
    Gustavsson

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Brad View Post
    Dallas has so many prospect options - Wyatt Johnston and Ty Dellandrea already on the roster, plus Stankoven, Mavrik Bourque, even Chase Wheatcroft, that Stankoven might be the best trade chip they send out for a pick. His value might just be at his peak now. Or he’ll get lost in the logjam. You have to believe that at 5’7”, he’s equal to Cole Caufield. I don’t see it.
    I see Stankoven as similar to Yamamoto. He’s Uber skilled, fast and not afraid to hit which I think will at least get him a bottom 6 job and I do think he will have chances to succeed offensively as a second round pick. But I get what you’re saying. Yamamoto is either gonna break out as a small guy in the next few years (it’s easy to forget he’s only played 244 games - feels like he’s been playing forever) or he may be stuck in a mid/bottom 6 role. Stankoven will have a similar trajectory. Probably a lot of waiting amd many fantasy owners will give up on him too early. And to the OP I don’t know if you own Stankoven but his stock is high right now. I sincerely doubt he is a Caufield who comes in as a small player and dominates early on. He will need time. If you own him sell high or be patient. If you want to acquire him wait until owners sour on him as I think the wait will be significant as a small guy.

Dobber Sports All-Star

I see Jarvis as a top 6 forward with 75 point potential. I don’t have that much production from Stankoven but he could have better periffs. I see Stankoven getting 60-65 points if he plays top 6.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Jarvis is going to be a 70pt guy. Sort of boring, but puts up points.
    His whole game is very good, but not great.

Stankoven is a TBD.
    It'll depend on his linemates.
    Many of these smaller players these days can dominate their CHL seasons in their D+1 and D+2 seasons.
    Some of them translate to NHL very well (DeBrincat) and some do not (Yamamoto).
    If we were rolling the dice... I'd guess he'll be somewhere in-between... 60-70pts once Dallas has Pavelski retire and Benn go to UFA (which is only two years away!).

Dobber Sports Sophomore

70 feels right for Jarvis. Carolina seems great for getting points in general but sort of puts a cap on a guys absolute upside.

Stankoven I value very highly and I actually don't think his projections fit with his upside or his certainty imho anyways. I think he's viewed as just another guy right now- and I fully expect that will change in short order. I disagree with some of the comparisons myself but hey stranger things have happened right?

Will scouch had him in his top ten pre draft and I think its worth noting the criticism seems to be 100% his size (work ethic/consistency is fine- good actually)- so if you're going to write him off as just another boom/busty second rounder do so at tour own risk lol! The upside here is that the price to "buy in" is pretty fantastic roght now!!!

Dobber Sports Pro

Likely top 6 or bust for Stank - I expect Yamamoto will be moved, just a hunch but he is to small for the bottom 6.
    I agree with 70 for Jarvis - possible break out second half next season.
    IDHL League 28 team H2H league multicat full keeper
    Rebuilding

Cooley, Guenther, Hoglander, Lundell, Quinn, Voronkov, Stankoven, Carlsson

Hutson, Zellweger, Clarke, Miller, Xhekai, Malinski, Thrun

Skinner, Dostal, Hofer

Beck, Bolduc, Dumais, Gaucher, Gunler, Pervalov
    Ufko, Benning, Del Mastro, Peart, Grudinin