Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Who are TOP FIVE Goalies for Start-up Dynasty League from this list?

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Who are TOP FIVE Goalies for Start-up Dynasty League from this list?

Goalie Scoring: SV 0.25; W 5; SO 5, OT/SO L 2; GA -1

Please pick your top five and 2 HM (age in brackets) from this list:

Sorokin (27)
    Shesterkin (28)
    Georgiev (27)
    Saros (28)
    Oettinger (24)
    Swayman (24)
    Gustafsson (24)
    Samsonov (26)
    Hart (24)
    Hellebyuck (29)
    Ullmark (29)
    Vasilevskiy (28)
    Gibson (29)
    Demko (27)
    Thompson (26)
    Skinner (24)
    Kochetkov (23)
    Vejmelka (26)
    Levi (21)
    Wallstedt (20)
    Schmid (23)
    Dostal (22)
    Wolf (22)
    Askarov (20)

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Re: Who are TOP FIVE Goalies for Start-up Dynasty League from this list?

Tough call! Assuming you're competing straight away:

Shestkerin
    Vasilevskiy
    Sorokin
    Oettinger
    Saros

HM to Hellebyuck (inconsistent year over year) and Swayman (net share with Ullmark).

Vasilevskoy could be lower in the top 5 but TBs wins will still be strong for several years. I think this year they ran out of gas but will rebound.
    I'm a big fan of Oettinger, and I like Saros's shutouts, he just needs more support.

Dobber Sports All-Star

Default Re: Who are TOP FIVE Goalies for Start-up Dynasty League from this list?

Shesty
    Sorokin
    Saros
    Oettinger
    Vas

Very close has to be Georgiev since the Avs are always going to be competitive. Helly is a bit too inconsistent for my liking and the Jets may have to do some house cleaning very soon.
    Call me old one more time.

- Roy Kent

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Shesterkin

Soroykin and oettinger are tier two in a new dynasty with soroykins peripherals being better with less wins and vice versa for oettinger.

Saros and vasilevsjiys value drop dramatically in a new dynasty for me.

Wallstedts value climbs immensely....

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Askarov
    Wallstedt
    Shesterkin
    Sorokin
    Saros (top 3 goalie, not my favourite team supporting him)
    Oettinger (strong, strong Dallas team)
    Vasilevskiy (team is aging)

*Realistically, I think Saros leaves NSH for stronger team, stronger shot at cup in 2025 (UFA).
    That makes Askarov their full time #1 at that point.
    I do like Nashville's youth IN about 3 years time... especially when those RyJo and Duchene contracts expire and NAS can go younger.

I know it's a bit bold to put Askarov at #1... but 8 years ago I started a dynasty and all the top goalies in their primes (Price, Holtby, Rask, Bishop, Rinne... this was 2015)... they age quickly after age 30.
    The smartest pick in that draft was the guy that went with Vasilesvkiy... even when he was #2 on TB and Bishop was seemingly roadblocking him.

So... yeah, Shesterkin and Sorokin and Saros are all elite now... but that window is maybe 3-5 more years and then they turn into the group above.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by Pengwin7 View Post
    Askarov
    Wallstedt
    Shesterkin
    Sorokin
    Saros (top 3 goalie, not my favourite team supporting him)
    Oettinger (strong, strong Dallas team)
    Vasilevskiy (team is aging)

*Realistically, I think Saros leaves NSH for stronger team, stronger shot at cup in 2025 (UFA).
    That makes Askarov their full time #1 at that point.
    I do like Nashville's youth IN about 3 years time... especially when those RyJo and Duchene contracts expire and NAS can go younger.

I know it's a bit bold to put Askarov at #1... but 8 years ago I started a dynasty and all the top goalies in their primes (Price, Holtby, Rask, Bishop, Rinne... this was 2015)... they age quickly after age 30.
    The smartest pick in that draft was the guy that went with Vasilesvkiy... even when he was #2 on TB and Bishop was seemingly roadblocking him.

So... yeah, Shesterkin and Sorokin and Saros are all elite now... but that window is maybe 3-5 more years and then they turn into the group above.

Following the same logic, wouldn't Levis and Schmid be in consideration too along with Askarov and Wallstedt? Levis seems to have open runway to inheriting #1 in Buffalo, quicker than either of the other two. Plus Buffalo probably become stronger team than either Minnesota or Nashville very soon with all the young talent they have. Same argument could be made for Schmid in NJ.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Oettinger
    Sorokin
    Wallstedt
    Levi

Those are probably my top 4.
    10 Team Limited Keeper (Keep 8) Points Only
    SALARY CAP (Player Salaries) League
    20 Player Teams = 12 Fwd 6 D 2 G

My team: ???

Dobber Sports Ace

How did Gibson find his way on your list?

I would say:
    Shesterkin
    Sorokin
    Oettinger
    Vasilevsky
    #5 could go in a lot of directions for me

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by zambronies View Post
    How did Gibson find his way on your list?

I would say:
    Shesterkin
    Sorokin
    Oettinger
    Vasilevsky
    #5 could go in a lot of directions for me

Gibson is on list since he is only 29 and most likely gets traded to a team that wants to make a Stanley Cup run. Possible destinations: Pittsburgh, Toronto, Ottawa. He is still darn good goalie.

Dobber Sports Master

is there a salary cap to consider ?

is there a seperate draft for prospects ?

Dobber Sports All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by p7staxc View Post
    Gibson is on list since he is only 29 and most likely gets traded to a team that wants to make a Stanley Cup run. Possible destinations: Pittsburgh, Toronto, Ottawa. He is still darn good goalie.
    Not sure but I think he has said he didn't want to go to the Leafs. I think he's a warm climate kind of guy.
    Call me old one more time.

- Roy Kent

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by butch View Post
    is there a salary cap to consider ?

is there a seperate draft for prospects ?
    No salary cap. No separate draft for prospects.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

^So... what's your own list right now?
    I'm curious where you are considering Askarov.
    (because I'm gonna bump your thread in 5 years... Pengwin7 Bookmark)

Dobber Sports Star

Shestyorkin
    Sorokin
    Vasilevskiy
    Oettinger

are the top four for me, matching others. After that, it is a question of how soon you need the performance and how much you want to gamble for longer-term relevance.

If you're looking for more near term, then I'd say Saros or Kochetkov. Saros is proven, but Nashville is getting worse and he does have Askarov looking over his shoulder. Saros will likely leave at or before his contract ends, and perhaps he'll go to a better team. Still, being a smaller goalie, he relies on elite athleticism. That might age out sooner than you'd want. Kochetkov is a quality prospect, a notch perhaps below Askarov and Wallstedt, with a decent showing in his limited NHL time, he's on a good team and he's got a 4 year contract starting next year. He's shaping up to be a top 10 goalie for the next several years. He may not have such a great team in 4 years' time, but for the immediate future, Kochetkov is definitely in the conversation.

Alternatively, if you want to go straight pedigree, then Askarov and Wallstedt are the best ones not yet in the NHL, with perhaps Dustin Wolf right behind. Askarov and Wallstedt seem like the consensus goalie prospects who'd have a long and productive career. Spencer Knight was with them, but with his recent psychological (?) struggles, it is hard to recommend him.

The Great One

New Dynasty…
    Shesterkin
    Oettinger
    Gustavsson
    Kotchketov
    Vejmelka

HM
    Sorokin
    Levi
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch