Poll: Canes vs Panthers

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Thread: Eastern Conference Final: Carolina Hurricanes vs Florida Panthers

Dobber Sports Ninja

Default Re: Eastern Conference Final: Carolina Hurricanes vs Florida Panthers

Man how good is Tkachuk? What a trade last season... reminds me of Kawhi to the Raptors

Dobber Sports Immortal

Will they be underdogs again vs Vegas?

Dobber Sports All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by blayze View Post
    Man how good is Tkachuk? What a trade last season... reminds me of Kawhi to the Raptors
    The player with the complete package. Brings it on a nightly basis with his hockey smarts, grit and talent. Plus, the Panthers have him locked up for a while. Wish the Raps did that with Kawhi. Ever since Kawhi walked the Raps have been on a downward slope. Helluva a trade for sure.
    Call me old one more time.

- Roy Kent

Dobber Sports Deity

I still say that was goalie interference by Bennett when Tkachuk scored the GWG.

Congratulations to the Panthers.

Where are the Paul Maurice haters again?
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    I still say that was goalie interference by Bennett when Tkachuk scored the GWG.

Congratulations to the Panthers.

Where are the Paul Maurice haters again?
    I think it would have been if Andersen was coming across and he couldn't because of it but it didn't look like he reacted to the direction of the shot until long after it was too late. I thought it was coming back at first too but on the angle from the net it looks like the stick wasn't impeding Andersen and the defensemen was also tangled up in there. It's a slippery slope if you start calling that interference.

Edit: watched in slow motion; defenseman runnning into him stopped him from moving laterally
    16 team Pts only dynasty league
    G, A, PPG, SHG, GWG, Svs, SO's, W's
    Pro Roster Starters: 9 F, 6 D 1 G

FWD: Hertl, Forsberg, Quinn, Rantanen, Debrincat, Couturier, Dach, Trocheck, Larkin, Seguin
    D: Chychrun, Grzelcyk, Trouba, Burns, Walman, Karlsson, Graves
    G: Kahkkonen, Keumper, Reimer

Farm (notables):
    F: Pekarcik, Dellandrea, Cowan, Puistola, Halttunen, Simoneau, Bolduc, Nadeau, Stankhoven
    D: Brzustewicz, Alexeyev, Jiricek, Reinbacher, Minnetian
    G: Fedotov, Tarasov, Kochetkov, Skarek, M. Gibson

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by random-d View Post
    I think it would have been if Andersen was coming across and he couldn't because of it but it didn't look like he reacted to the direction of the shot until long after it was too late. I thought it was coming back at first too but on the angle from the net it looks like the stick wasn't impeding Andersen and the defensemen was also tangled up in there. It's a slippery slope if you start calling that interference.
    That rule is so damn vague no one understands it. I dont even think the guys in Toronto looking at these things truly understand it. It should be so simple. If it happens in the blue paint, it's goalie interference. Anderson was in his crease, Bennetts stick was under his pad in the blue paint and for all we know, impeded his movement to push one way or the other. It was goalie interference because he's actually touching the goalie while the goalie is attempting to make a save.

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Veteran

That Tkachuk is special. Just imagine if E. Kane could do the same in Edmonton…Attitude is pretty much important in addition to talent.
    1) 16 teams full keeper H2H. Start 9F, 4D, 1G, 2 Championships
    pts: (D : 7 pts G /5 pts A), (F : 5pts G /3 pts A), (G : 10 pts W / 5 pts SO), (D/F : 1 pt +/-, 0.5 pts PIM, 0.1 FOW, 0.2 Hits, 0.3 pts SOG, PP and SH).

Forward : Aho, Svechnikov, PLDubois, Giroux, Couture, Wheeler, Cozens, Karlsson, Vrana, Anderson,​Greenway,

Defenses : Dahlin, Fox, Doughty, Toews, , Slavin, Miller

Goalies : Oettinger, Vanecek, Bobrovsky

Prospects : Dostal, Schmid, Chinakhov, Bordeleau, Ostlund, Brindley, Gulyayev

Dobber Sports Ace

I'm just gonna say it: I thought Gudas was huge in that series. So many great defensive plays, absolute machine in the defensive end.
    16 team Pts only dynasty league
    G, A, PPG, SHG, GWG, Svs, SO's, W's
    Pro Roster Starters: 9 F, 6 D 1 G

FWD: Hertl, Forsberg, Quinn, Rantanen, Debrincat, Couturier, Dach, Trocheck, Larkin, Seguin
    D: Chychrun, Grzelcyk, Trouba, Burns, Walman, Karlsson, Graves
    G: Kahkkonen, Keumper, Reimer

Farm (notables):
    F: Pekarcik, Dellandrea, Cowan, Puistola, Halttunen, Simoneau, Bolduc, Nadeau, Stankhoven
    D: Brzustewicz, Alexeyev, Jiricek, Reinbacher, Minnetian
    G: Fedotov, Tarasov, Kochetkov, Skarek, M. Gibson

Dobber Sports Titan

I kinda get how it's not goalie interference, but I think it was GI.

From the angle I saw the Staal trip was a trip, but what's people's thoughts on Duclair's "crosscheck/hit-from-behind" a minute or two before the Staal's penalty?

I can't believe they actually called a penalty in the final minute of the game though. In a playoff elimination no less.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    I kinda get how it's not goalie interference, but I think it was GI.

From the angle I saw the Staal trip was a trip, but what's people's thoughts on Duclair's "crosscheck/hit-from-behind" a minute or two before the Staal's penalty?

I can't believe they actually called a penalty in the final minute of the game though. In a playoff elimination no less.
    They let so much obvious stuff go during the game too. I agree with you. Crazy.

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    They let so much obvious stuff go during the game too. I agree with you. Crazy.
    The announcers were even surprised. I'm all for calling penalties at any time of a game. But to let stuff go, and to call that...wow.

If I'm a player who has been eliminated already, I'd be beside myself seeing that called.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll