Thread: Trading for Bedard

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Trading for Bedard

First league in signature. 70 players are kept overall (7 per team), but keeper spots can be traded throughout the year. I have 9 spots for this off-season, but it will reset to 7 at the beginning of the fantasy season. I have won a few times recently, but I feel my team is getting older and I feel I don't have a lot of true top-end talent (McD, Matthews, etc.). The league is reasonably active (I've moved for RNH, Josi, Zibanejad in the past couple years), but top-end talent is almost unavailable (McD, MacKinnon, Leon have all not moved since being draft).

Should I move one of my keepers (probably will have to be 2 keepers) for the first overall pick to grab Bedard. The GM with the first pick has some interest in moving the pick.

All trades have to occur after both teams have locked in keepers (so I can't move Josi and then keep Heiskanen instead for example). My 9 keepers will probably be:
    1. Shesterkin, 2. Josi, 3. Fox, 4. Zibanejad, 5. Miller, 6. E. Kane, 7. Robertson, 8. Debrincat, and then either RNH or Wilson as the 9th.

With dropping back down to 7 keeper spots once the season begins, should I take advantage of the situation now and move two players to grab Bedard and try to rebuild on the fly? If yes, should I move some older players like Marchand/Miller/Josi or my lower end keepers like Debrincat/RNH/Wilson?

Will rep!
    10 Team Keep 70 Total. Currently 9 Keeper spots. League Established 2012. Start 2C, 2LW, 2RW, 1F, 1U, 4D, 2G, 6 Bench,4IR
    G, A, PIM, PPP, SOG, HIT, BLK, W, SV%, SV, SO

F: Marchand, JT Miller, Zibanejad, Robertson, E. Kane
    D: Josi, Fox, Bouchard
    G: Shesterkin

12 Team Modified Keep 4. Start 2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1U, 2G, 4 Bench, 2IR
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG, FW, H, B, W, GAA, SV%, SO

F: Matthews, M. Tkachuk
    D: Makar
    G: Shesterkin

Dobber Sports Pro

Default Re: Trading for Bedard

1) I doubt that'll be enough.
    2) Yes, I think it's a good idea to give it a shot. Definitely worth losing a couple mid-high level keepers to get Bedard in your circumstance.
    12 Team Keep 6: G/A:1 W/SO:2
    C - McDavid, Matthews, Schiefele
    LW - Draisaitl, Fiala, Meier
    RW - ​​Marner, Barzal, Zuccarello
    D - Dahlin, Morrissey, Dunn, Matheson
    G - Skinner
    B - Marchessault, Caufield, Teravainen, McCann, Montour, Jones, Saros

12 Team Keep 10 (& 5 Minors)
    : G/A/OTL:1 W:2 SO:3
    '24 Picks (16 Rounds) - 1,1,1,1,1,2,2,3,3,3,5,5,6,6
    F - ​McDavid, Rantanen, Point, Aho, Nylander, M. Tkachuk, Guentzel, MacKinnon, Pavelski, Duchene, Farabee, Henrique
    D - Bouchard, Dobson, Matheson, Andersson, Letang
    G - Vasilevskiy, Markstrom
    B - Joseph, Schenn, Nyqvist, Roslovic, Duclair, S. Jones, Korpisalo, Quick, Rittich
    M - Cooley, Michkov, Rossi, Hutson, Mateychuk

Dobber Sports Icon

As above.

I don’t think it’s enough. If I’m the 1oa pick owner I’m starting with fox and Shesty and probably looking to add
    ESPN Roto 10 team
    24 man roster (+3 IR) - Keep 20 - Daily settings
    Start 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 5D, 2G, 1UTIL
    G,A,PTS, +/-, PIM, PPA, PPG, D PTS - W, SV, SV%

C- Zegras, Suzuki, Carlsson
    RW- Batherson, Foerster, Michkov, Kakko, Toffoli
    LW- BTkachuk, Stutzle(C), Byfield(C), McTavish(C), Benson
    D- Minyukov, Sanderson, LHughes, Clarke, Faber
    G- Wolf, Askarov, Wallstedt
    IR- Norris(C)
    IR- Fantilli(C)
    IR- Quinn(RW)
    Picks in 2024/25 rounds 1,1,1,2
    Picks in 2025/26 rounds 1,1,3,4

Dobber Sports Titan

I would trade a combo of any of those guys to get Bedard at 1st overall since you're also trading lets say Shesterkin+Fox for 1st overall+Debrincat+Heiskanen kind of thing.

I doubt Marchand+Josi does it, I think it starts with Fox and likely needs to include Shesterkin depending on the GMs value of goalies.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Personally, I'd offer Shesterkin (FOR SURE) and your next best keeper... or two - whoever he wants.
    That either gets the job done or it doesn't.

Goalies, historically, have about a 5-6 year window of true excellence.
    Then, no matter how good the goalie is, the team gets great - goes through cap issues - strips down to keep their stars - loses depth - and sinks a bit.

Vasilevskiy (TB) is example of the most recent ELITE goalie...
    And Tampa seems to be fading as other Eastern teams rise up...

Assuming this is H2H-Weekly, you WIN These leagues with elite skater units that take those majority of categories for you.
    Goalie stats can be a crapshoot week-to-week (I think a lot of veteran H2H-weekly fantasy GMs will agree with this).

AND, especially, if you are narrowing to a 7-keeper, you gotta have elite keepers.

So for me, you give everything he wants for Bedard.
    You know you probably will suck, tank, finish last this year.
    If you can't stomach that - this trade is not for you.

OFFER: Shesterkin and any TWO players he wants... see if that gets the job done.
    Figure your team out with the rest of this season and next season.
    Bedard is going to not be great this season anyways - but he will be a top 10 player by his year 3... especially once CHI starts building around him.

My 2 cents, that's what gets you Bedard.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Quote Originally Posted by Pengwin7 View Post
    Personally, I'd offer Shesterkin (FOR SURE) and your next best keeper... or two - whoever he wants.
    That either gets the job done or it doesn't.

Goalies, historically, have about a 5-6 year window of true excellence.
    Then, no matter how good the goalie is, the team gets great - goes through cap issues - strips down to keep their stars - loses depth - and sinks a bit.

Vasilevskiy (TB) is example of the most recent ELITE goalie...
    And Tampa seems to be fading as other Eastern teams rise up...

Assuming this is H2H-Weekly, you WIN These leagues with elite skater units that take those majority of categories for you.
    Goalie stats can be a crapshoot week-to-week (I think a lot of veteran H2H-weekly fantasy GMs will agree with this).

AND, especially, if you are narrowing to a 7-keeper, you gotta have elite keepers.

So for me, you give everything he wants for Bedard.
    You know you probably will suck, tank, finish last this year.
    If you can't stomach that - this trade is not for you.

OFFER: Shesterkin and any TWO players he wants... see if that gets the job done.
    Figure your team out with the rest of this season and next season.
    Bedard is going to not be great this season anyways - but he will be a top 10 player by his year 3... especially once CHI starts building around him.

My 2 cents, that's what gets you Bedard.
    I think this is spot on. Ftr id still pass lol- but it at least warrants consideration- which is all you can hope for with a player like this. Thats a great point about goalies to boot..

Gl hope you can get something done!