Thread: The Akira Protocol!

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default The Akira Protocol!

I don't know what the title means- just wanted it to sound like an anime- lol! And there are one or even two threads this would have fit snugly into but I figured I'd make a separate one because my ego is massive!

I've got a prediction:

Schmid starts the next game, wind and is never pulled again en route to leading them to a conference final and just to make the proposition truly preposterous- a cup final!

Yes he had two bad starts but then Vanecek came in and he was just as brutal lol! That brings us up to last night- they started Vanecek last night and he let in 5 on 17 shots before the halfway mark- he shit the bed again! Thats like 5 "very bad starts" in 6 games or something lol! I'm not saying he's a trash goalie but he's either injured or a nervous wreck for ayoff hockey- he is NOT getting it done. So Schmid came in and he played some stellar hockey for 30 odd minutes! He let in only one goal in 13 shots and had a save %917 (to VVs 706!! :O).

Hes been bad at times but I think he's got a better chance at bouncing back and its pretty much indisputable that he's at least giving them a better chance to win while VV struggles the way he is. IF that happens- and its a huge IF- I think it improves his long term outlook and especially his outlook for next year immensely! If he won a cup- he'll if he even get them to the finals- I think he gets full on golden boy treatment for the next 5 years or so at a minimum.

If you own Schmid- what he does over the next 1 to 3 games could pave the road for years of fantasy dominance!

...or he could just shit the bed again as we all spin the wheel again next year

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Re: The Akira Protocol!

I thought you mentioned Blackwood was the goalie to own in NJ..

WHL - World Hockey League (24 Team - Daily H2H)

Maine Moose 2021-2022

2019 WHL GM of the Year #Supersoft

Dobber Sports Ninja

So my thoughts on the Jersey goaltending situation - they have so many RFA/UFA to sign or replace:

Forwards - RFA's - Meier, Bratt, Sharangovich, McLeod, Boqvist, Bastian are the main ones. I feel like they want to re-sign 5 of the 6 if they can (Meier may be tough). UFA's - Tatar, Wood, Haula. Maybe they try to sign Wood and Haula, but UFA's are tough to re-sign when you are up against the cap.

Defence - Severson and Graves are UFA, but how much will they command on the open market as they can skate and chew gum at the same time. Some team is likely going to overpay for Severson and who maybe even Graves. Bahl is RFA and I don't see them having a tough time re-signing him for their 5-6 role. Makes it a little easier with Luke Hughes coming on board for his rookie campaign.

Goalie - Blackwood is RFA, but I don't know if they re-sign him, maybe a sign and trade or outright trade of his rights. That leaves Vanecek (two more seasons at $3.4M/yr) and Schmid. They also have another option in the AHL in Nico Daws, whose stats were very close to Schmid's (in the AHL). Due in part to a cost savings attempt, I see Vanecek and Schmid working similar to Edmonton's Jack Campbell and Stu Skinner in a 1a/1b type crease sharing system with the coach riding the hot hand.
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by The Comish View Post

Goalie - Blackwood is RFA, but I don't know if they re-sign him, maybe a sign and trade or outright trade of his rights. That leaves Vanecek (two more seasons at $3.4M/yr) and Schmid. They also have another option in the AHL in Nico Daws, whose stats were very close to Schmid's (in the AHL). Due in part to a cost savings attempt, I see Vanecek and Schmid working similar to Edmonton's Jack Campbell and Stu Skinner in a 1a/1b type crease sharing system with the coach riding the hot hand.
    What is Blackwood's QO? Wouldn't surprise me if they don't even offer him his QO. He's been a disappointment for several seasons. He needs a change of scenery.
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Quote Originally Posted by GinFizz View Post
    I thought you mentioned Blackwood was the goalie to own in NJ..
    When did I mention blackwood??

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by Daydream Nation View Post
    What is Blackwood's QO? Wouldn't surprise me if they don't even offer him his QO. He's been a disappointment for several seasons. He needs a change of scenery.
    Agreed about not offering the QO, especially as they have Vanecek, Schmid and Daws with a very good group of players. They need to save money somewhere and Schmid is looking promising.

Copied from the CapFriendly website: "A $3,360,000 qualifying offer is required to retain the RFA rights of Mackenzie Blackwood. The qualifying offer is equal to 100% of the previous contracts final season base salary because the salary was $1,000,000 or greater. However, because this contract was signed after July 10th, 2020, and the qualifying offer would be greater than 120% of the contracts annual average (AAV), it is limited to 120% of the AAV."

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by PoolPartyPuljeejarvi View Post
    When did I mention blackwood??
    When you were Fighting Emu…

https://forums.dobbersports.com/show...ight=Blackwood
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by The Comish View Post

Copied from the CapFriendly website: "A $3,360,000 qualifying offer is required to retain the RFA rights of Mackenzie Blackwood. The qualifying offer is equal to 100% of the previous contracts final season base salary because the salary was $1,000,000 or greater. However, because this contract was signed after July 10th, 2020, and the qualifying offer would be greater than 120% of the contracts annual average (AAV), it is limited to 120% of the AAV."
    I would be shocked if they offer him the QO. Would be a nice reclamation project for Chicago. The guy has talent. He just needs to put it all together.
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Quote Originally Posted by Daydream Nation View Post
    I would be shocked if they offer him the QO. Would be a nice reclamation project for Chicago. The guy has talent. He just needs to put it all together.
    Chicago could be interesting...