Thread: Wallstedt vs 6th OA

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Wallstedt vs 6th OA

Hey everyone,

For the league in my signature. I own the 3oa and 6oa pick in this draft. OGM wants my 6oa and straight up offered Wallstedt for it. League is Dynasty salary cap and we run two goalies. I have Sorokin and Fleury right now with Knight on IR and Wolf in the minors. With Fleury being my number two I know my goaltending needs to improve going into next season.

Since we run two goalies and I have Sorokin/Knight/Wolf as my core, is Wallstedt worth giving up 6oa where I could draft a potential stud forward? Let me know what you think!
    Salary Cap Dynasty 12 Teams
    Skaters: G1 A1 PPP.0.5 GWG1 SHG2 Goalies: Win2 SO2 OTL1
    4C 4LW 4RW 6D 2G 5Bench 12Minors
    Dude Where’s Makar?
    C: RNH Malkin Pettersson Eichel
    LW: Kuzmenko
    Guentzel Kaprizov Marchand
    RW: Pastrnak P.Kane Boldy Ehlers
    D: Addison Sandin Montour Makar Toews Letang
    BN: Byfield Newhook Maccelli Knight
    Gustafsson
    G: Sorokin Fleury
    IR: Drysdale
    Minors: Eklund Holtz Bjork Reichel Cormier Hutson Dumais Wolf Nikishin

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Re: Wallstedt vs 6th OA

Right now, you're trading potential for potential because neither Wallstedt or the 6th OA have done anything to help your fantasy team. Personally, I dont think you need another goalie and if I were you and willing to part with the 6th OA, I'd trade it for something a little more known, like a good young asset already in the NHL.

This is the perfect time to be trading away something like the 6th OA because fantasy GMs get wet between the legs and dumb between the ears when it comes to acquiring early picks. Take advantage of that. I'd shop it but only if I am getting back a good young NHL asset on the rise. Google Calder candidates and look at who was in the running this year (I know the three finalists have been named but look at the others who were there). Look at last years Calder candidates. Those are the types of players I would trade your 6th OA for if it was me in your shoes.

Oh, and do NOT trade your 3rd overall.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Right now, you're trading potential for potential because neither Wallstedt or the 6th OA have done anything to help your fantasy team. Personally, I dont think you need another goalie and if I were you and willing to part with the 6th OA, I'd trade it for something a little more known, like a good young asset already in the NHL.

Would you trade the pick for Swayman?
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

Dobber Sports Titan

I'm not moving the 3rd overall, and the 6th overall I rather use to help me pivot the upcoming cap problem you'll likely have. Kuzmenko is getting a 500% pay raise, Pastrnak is getting his 75%, Pettersson is in his final yr of his bridge deal. Sorokin is in the final yr of his deal before he's a UFA.

I'd be exploring using the 6th overall to pick up a player that is a cap league gem instead of getting Walls. You don't need to fix your goaltending yet, and having Knight and Wolf as options should be enough future assets.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by Daydream Nation View Post
    Hmm, straight up for the 6th OA, probably but only if my intention was to flip one of my other goalies already owned. He's got a nice group of goalies already so I wouldn't be looking for another goalie if I am moving that pick. Swayman would be an upgrade to what they already have after Sorokin, but he's also a pending RFA so it will be interesting to see what he gets for his next contract. I have a hard time seeing Boston carrying both Ullmark, who's already making $5M and has two more years left on his contract, and Swayman on expensive contracts. If Swayman gets a bridge deal in around $3M, he's good value. Sorokin and Swayman would be a nice combo to run with for years.

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post

This is the perfect time to be trading away something like the 6th OA because fantasy GMs get wet between the legs and dumb between the ears when it comes to acquiring early picks. Take advantage of that. I'd shop it but only if I am getting back a good young NHL asset on the rise. Google Calder candidates and look at who was in the running this year (I know the three finalists have been named but look at the others who were there). Look at last years Calder candidates. Those are the types of players I would trade your 6th OA for if it was me in your shoes.

Oh, and do NOT trade your 3rd overall.
    Really appreciate your input! Out of those Calder candidates I got a hard pass from the owners of Power/Beniers/Perfetti. Would you consider it for McTavish?
    Dude Where’s Makar?
    Gustafsson

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    I'm not moving the 3rd overall, and the 6th overall I rather use to help me pivot the upcoming cap problem you'll likely have. Kuzmenko is getting a 500% pay raise, Pastrnak is getting his 75%, Pettersson is in his final yr of his bridge deal. Sorokin is in the final yr of his deal before he's a UFA.

I'd be exploring using the 6th overall to pick up a player that is a cap league gem instead of getting Walls. You don't need to fix your goaltending yet, and having Knight and Wolf as options should be enough future assets.
    Thanks also for your perspective! Definitely have some cap maneuvering this year and next. What are some cap gems you’d consider trading for it? Only one that comes to mind with low cap and good term is Tuch.
    Dude Where’s Makar?
    Gustafsson

Dobber Sports Sage

Necas at 3m is pretty good, but that only buys you one year.
    Interested in being a Dobber Hockey champion?
    Join Our Tiered League Now!
    Climb your way to the top of a three tiered Roto league.
    Check out the link below for more info or PM me!
    https://forums.dobbersports.com/show...League-2023-24

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by Daydream Nation View Post
    I absolutely straight up would do this trade.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by Leancats View Post
    Really appreciate your input! Out of those Calder candidates I got a hard pass from the owners of Power/Beniers/Perfetti. Would you consider it for McTavish?
    I'd consider it, yes. At this point, you're comparing McTavish to someone like Ryan Leonard or Zach Benson. Plus McTavish still has two more years on his ELC.

Dobber Sports Titan

Robertson in Dallas
    Rantanen for what he does vs cap is good.
    Tkachuk is the same as Rantanen
    Buchnevich
    Maybe Zegras depending on his new deal
    Nico Hischier
    Caufield depending on his deal.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Grand Master

If you're going to do that for Wallstedt, I'd want to ship Fleury out in the deal or another deal and get a skater. Honestly, shopping Fleury hard needs to happen. He's done after next season, if not sooner.

I do like the idea of McTavish + something small.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

I'd do it but with the knowledge it will take til hes 25 for the return- lol! Some people won't wait that long- haha! There are basically no exceptions to the goalie age rule in the modern NHL so its hard to argue. Minny should be a great team by then as well- heck they're already getting close!

The 5th oa will be a good player- assuming Smith or benson but to me there's like 3 goalies worth rostering at any given point and we know wallstedt is going to be one of them...

Do NOT trade that third...