Poll: Knights vs Oilers

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Western Conference Second Round: (1) Vegas Golden Knights vs (2) Edmonton Oilers

Dobber Sports Immortal

Default Re: Western Conference Second Round: (1) Vegas Golden Knights vs (2) Edmonton Oilers

Quote Originally Posted by tweetdrivr View Post
    I believe Nurse is required to be suspended with the instigator in the last 5.
    Maybe something has changed. But I think there's way around it.

See Detroit vs Pittsburgh Game 2 in 2009...Malkin got an instigator and was not suspended for Game 3.

I'm not bitter. You're bitter.

Dobber Sports Immortal

Default Re: Western Conference Second Round: (1) Vegas Golden Knights vs (2) Edmonton Oilers

Ya AP better be suspended for that.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by tweetdrivr View Post
    I believe Nurse is required to be suspended with the instigator in the last 5.
    By the rules, yes, but it can be reviewed and overturned. The same can be said for Pietrangelo's slash. Again, by the rules, anyone given a game misconduct in the last 10 mins of the game is automatically suspended for a minimum of one game.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Titan

The rule for review:
    the Director of Hockey Operations, at his discretion, deems the incident is not related to the score, previous incidents in the game or prior games, retaliatory in nature, “message sending”, etc. The length of suspension will double for each subsequent offense. This suspension shall be served in addition to any other automatic suspensions a player may incur for an accumulation of three or more instigator penalties.
    The coach will also get a $10,000 fine.

What a league we have that Nurse is essentially suspended right now, but Pietrangelo needs to be reviewed to even get fined.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Genius

Pietrangelo is getting suspended and probably for more than a game. That was one of the nattiest slashes I have seen since I don't know when.
    12 Team Keep 5 (2 F, 1 D, 1 G, 1 Any) G,A,PTS,PPP,SOG,HITS,PIMS,W,GAA and Sv%.

F: Kucherov, K.Connor, J. Hughes,, J.Guentzel, A.Svechnikov,
    D: Q. Hughes,
    G:Bobrovsky

Dobber Sports Titan

DoPS announced a hearing for Makar's hit at 8:55am the next day.
    DoPS announced a hearing for Bunting's elbow at 12:14am the "next day" or 2hrs after the game.

The fines were announced between 10am and 11am. I don't get how Pietrangelo doesn't have a hearing already scheduled.

Dobber Sports Expert

Pietrangelo will have a hearing today

https://twitter.com/NHLPlayerSafety/...937245697?s=20

Dobber Sports Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    Pietrangelo will have a hearing today

https://twitter.com/NHLPlayerSafety/...937245697?s=20
    It does not say if phone or in person. I assume its phone given its playoffs. Not sure if in person is even done in playoffs...
    Also, does Nurse need to have a hearing for a consideration of removing the one-game ban or is it just done by DoPS on its own accord?
    12 team H-2-H 1 year league, daily roster changes, 3 goalie start minimum/week
    2xC, 2xRW, 2xLW, 4xD, 3xUtil, 2xG, 5 Bench
    G, A, P, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG, Hits, W, SV%, GAA, SVs
    C: C. Keller, C. Mittelstadt, B. Nelson, R. Strome,
    LW: K. Connor, B. Tkachuk, J. Gaudreau, J. Marchessault, E. Rodrigues, A. Lafreniere
    RW: K. Fiala, J. Bratt, T. Jeannot V. Arvidsson
    D: R. Josi, J. Trouba, E. Gustafsson,
    G: L. Thompson, F. Gustavsson, V. Vanecek
    NO IR

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by LawMan View Post
    It does not say if phone or in person. I assume its phone given its playoffs. Not sure if in person is even done in playoffs...
    Also, does Nurse need to have a hearing for a consideration of removing the one-game ban or is it just done by DoPS on its own accord?
    The DoPS kinda removed the "in person hearing" when Skype and Facetime took over. Now they just do "a hearing" for suspensions, and nothing for fines. Before if you had an in-person you def were getting suspended, and a phone call would be a boarderline suspension or fine.

Dobber Sports Star

I will be disappointed if Petriangelo just gets 1 game. To me, that seems worthy of at least 2 games in the playoffs. A suspension of 1 game, to me sends a clear message that they are just trying to appease those who insist on a suspension, but not enough to make people take the system seriously.

Rylant

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by Canucks_fan18 View Post
    Pietrangelo is getting suspended and probably for more than a game. That was one of the nattiest slashes I have seen since I don't know when.
    I remember Mario Lemieux almost retiring from the NHL after he took a slash on the forearm/wrist from Adam Graves (NYR at the time) in the playoffs that caused him to miss the rest of the playoffs with a hairline fracture. He had enough of the hacking and slashing that he routinely got.

The Pietrangelo slash was clearly done with intent to injure and targeted a specific area. That wind up was bigly. I would like to see more than a 1 game suspension, but I don't think Peter Angelo has a history of malfeasance, so my guess is 1, but hopefully more. That kind of play has no business in the game, it's essentially assault with a weapon (which I know happens to a lesser degree every period of every game, but that wind up and area targeted...).
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by The Comish View Post
    I remember Mario Lemieux almost retiring from the NHL after he took a slash on the forearm/wrist from Adam Graves (NYR at the time) in the playoffs that caused him to miss the rest of the playoffs with a hairline fracture. He had enough of the hacking and slashing that he routinely got.

The Pietrangelo slash was clearly done with intent to injure and targeted a specific area. That wind up was bigly. I would like to see more than a 1 game suspension, but I don't think Peter Angelo has a history of malfeasance, so my guess is 1, but hopefully more. That kind of play has no business in the game, it's essentially assault with a weapon (which I know happens to a lesser degree every period of every game, but that wind up and area targeted...).
    Graves was suspended for 4 games for that slash. And it was no where near as bad as Pietrangelo's slash as Lemieux had the puck on his stick at the time so it was a "hockey play".

Dobber Sports Immortal

I have lost all faith in the DoPS. There is zero accountability. The Nurse suspension makes absolutely no sense to me.

Dobber Sports Deity

https://twitter.com/JasonGregor/stat...mWzvf4F5Q&s=19

Vegas flew home today and Pietrangelo hearing will occur after they land. Then DPOS will discuss and decide length of his punishment. Announcement expected to be later this afternoon (or early evening for ET).
    Personally, I'll be shocked if he gets more than a one game suspension. He'll get the star treatment from DoPS and will miss the next game. Wait for it.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Star

Pietrangelo should get a suspension exceeding Graves' 4 games, but he won't.