I would rank them

Wolf
    Levi

Schmid

Dobber Sports Initiate

Default Re: Wolf or Levi

I can see that it's pretty split
    31 TEAMS keep all multi-cat (lot of them) dynasty
    Offensive stats : Goals, Assist , PPP, PPTOI, SOG...
    Defensive stats : PKTOI, BLKS, TakeAway, Giveaway...
    (basically best NHL player)

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by iglooinhabitant View Post
    I like all 3 but my favourite is Levi. Buffalo is absolutely stacked moving forward with one of the best young cores in the game. NJ as well, no doubt, but Akira just doesn't have nearly the same hype Levi has so that affects me at this point, i can't deny it. Wolf I'd put last, despite him probably being the most talented of the goalies. With Marky in front of him and quite an old team in Calgary, I don't have nearly the same excitement.
    Agree with this assessment. I have both Wolf and Levi in my fantasy leagues. I would value Levi a bit higher than Wolf if I was going to trade one of them. Rationale being that Levi seems to have a lock on 1B timeshare along with UPL in Buffalo starting next season. With potential for 1A if he outperforms UPL. On the other hand, I think Wolf`s best case scenario for next season is supplanting Vladar as Markstrom`s back-up. In long run Wolf should inherit starter role from Markstrom, but Calgary`s prospect pipeline is not as promising as Buffaloes, so more wins for Levis.

Dobber Sports Titan

I wouldn't pencil Levi in as an NHL option ASAP. I would say going into the beginning of next season, Buffalo's goalies will be UPL and Comrie. And Levi will be in the AHL. However, he is up if there's goalie issues.

However, like I've said here before, the path to the NHL seems, as of today, easier for Levi than Wolf.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Goalies are such a hard position to predict. At this point I go Wolf unless you want help sooner than later than Schmid because he has been very good and Blackwood has been very bad. At worst he’s the B/U next year and maybe he does take the starting role from Vanecek or a 1A/1B. For Levi he looks like a legit starter but has no pro experience I would take Wolf over Levi as he’s closer. Wolf played very well In The AHL and though I do think he’s a couple years away however he is your best bet for upside vs wait time.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

I'm surprised wolf is scoring so much higher! Not in terms of talent- talent wise hes a beast and I can sort of see it...

But so so much of a goalies value is tied to his team and while I wouldn't say wolf being in Calgary is a detriment perse- they've got a great mix of young talent and vets that probably deserved better this year- but I just don't see any real reason to think they're headed towards future dominance.

In Buffalo thats all I can see!! I mean you could have 2 or 3 assets fail at almost every position and they'd still be fine- with multiple options to step in and take their place. Hell if they hit they could legitimately be rolling 3 fully stocked scoring lines! Their defense just gets better i mean owen goddamn power is slated as their number 2??? The goalie here and i have suspected its Levi for a long time will be a fantasy dream- as coveted as a Vasile skit going into this season.

I swapped a star veteran forward years ago for Filip forseberg, vasileskiy and a pick and although we seem to say we always knew vas was going to be a beast- it certainly didn't feel like that at the time. In fact I imagine it felt a lot like adding Levi today would feel. He SHOULD workout, the Sabres SHOULD be a powerhouse- but you never know with these things AND goalies are voodoo lol! Was the best trade I ever made haha!

I've made pitches for Levi to no avail but with UPL crapping the net this year I think its time to escalate the value...

Dobber Sports Sophomore

I like Schmid a lot and hes been electrifying at times this post season but there's no doubt that the range of outcomes is the widest with him. If he were a co sisterly starter on an elite NJ team by this time next year that wouldn't surprise me. If he were a solid backup who posted great numbers over a 25-30 game same that wouldn't surprise me. If he lost his form and struggled to the point of demotion or trade that wouldn't surprise me. His fundamentals look good- hes got that "unflappable" vibe to him that should help and this team is desperate for a savior. The pieces are here for him to steal the show. The truth is we just don't totally know what he is yet though and as much as I'm rooting for him I can't find any meaningful data to suggest he was secretly an elite goalie this whole time - lol! Its certainly possible he just developed his game in a quiet and considerate sistent manner to the point where he can shine especially on a team with the defensive depth and shutdown capabilities that NJ has but we won't know til he shows us what hes got...

So until then I guess I'm Vincent to be one of those giant floating heads on the rick and morty episode that iced tea was on...

SHOW ME WHAT YOU GOT!!