Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Wolf or Levi

Dobber Sports Initiate

Default Wolf or Levi

Any prediction on who will be the best long-term?

Add: Akira Schmid in all of this.
    31 TEAMS keep all multi-cat (lot of them) dynasty
    Offensive stats : Goals, Assist , PPP, PPTOI, SOG...
    Defensive stats : PKTOI, BLKS, TakeAway, Giveaway...
    (basically best NHL player)

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: Wolf or Levi

Oof that's a tough one.

Wolf has the minor league resume. But I expect Buffalo to be the better team....

I think it's a coin toss this early in their careers. But I'd go Levi as I think he's a cool goalie to watch. But like Wolf has won goalie of the yr in his respective league like 3 yrs in a row.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Deity

Asked a couple months ago if you want to go back and read some of the replies there.

https://forums.dobbersports.com/show...highlight=wolf

Way too early in both careers to give an honest answer. It's a total crapshoot for both right now as both are highly regarded coming up. Playing in the NHL is a different bird though.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Initiate

My bad, I didn't see it. Never mind my post

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by PicklePickle View Post
    My bad, I didn't see it. Never mind my post
    To be fair, there wasn't a lot of replies to the other thread. Maybe this one will generate more.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Initiate

Yeah I don't understand it's not a hotter subject. I want to say Wolf has proven more as a pro, but I feel like it's Levi's crease in Buffalo.

The Great One

Levi won’t be an NHL regular for several years yet. He got a nice audition but he’s 21. Wolf just turned 22. If you’re factoring next season in you’re getting ahead of things.
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch

Dobber Sports Monster

I believe both players will be in the NHL full time next year. They are forcing their teams to make room. I have no idea who will be better but I believe Wolf is a bit more highly touted.

Dobber Sports Titan

The Flames have quite the decision to make eventually with goaltending.
    Markstrom has 3 more yrs at $6m, Vladar has 2yrs at $2.2m, then Wolf is entering his final yr of his ELC ($813,333) before he hits RFA status.

Then Buffalo has a choice to make eventually too.
    Comrie is under contract next yr then a UFA ($1.8m, so not a problem cap wise), and UPL is entering his final yr before RFA status.

Buffalo's cap situation makes me believe they don't care if they pay someone who isn't performing to make them not play (Comrie) if Levi does well or they want him in. Calgary's situation, that's a different one especially if Sutter returns as the coach, he will not let the best player play. He'll let the "vet" have a long leash.

IF I'm putting money down, I would say Levi gets into the NHL sooner. Will he do better? Who knows.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Initiate

I'mma add Akira Schmid to the pot

Dobber Sports Sophomore

I like wolf a lot- hes an exceptional talent but he's also undersized and you sort of have to be exceptional to even be somewhat relevant as an undersized goalie. I look at saros and I see a guy who struggles despite being on a fairly strong defensive team that caters to him/his style and whose also an all world talent on terms of individual skill. You can have a season- or a run of seasons but with a small goalie I sort of feel like you'll always be waiting for the other shoe to drop. I wouldn't pass on him if I couldnget him cheap buy i also wouldn't go out of my way to overpay for him.

Levi's not huge but he at least crack six feet and that team situation looks impossibly good in a couple years. Buying Levi now is sort of like if you bought low on vasilevskiy before to became a dynasty imho.

I LOVE Schmid but he's a tad young still and hes a straight up long shot. He could end up as the best of the bunch but there's no reason to take him over the other two imho. I got Schmid for pretty cheap and if I had the chance to land Levi for him I'd be tripping over myself to mash accept...

Dobber Sports All-Star

Since you added Akira I will go with him. Didn’t think he would make a stir in NJ but he’s better than Blackwood for sure. If he can help NJ past the Rangers that will really help his case vs Vanacek. Then I’d go Wolf #2 and Levi #3. All good choices and still a voodoo thing.
    Call me old one more time.

- Roy Kent

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by pmorrow View Post
    I believe both players will be in the NHL full time next year. They are forcing their teams to make room. I have no idea who will be better but I believe Wolf is a bit more highly touted.
    Sounds like we might need a friendly wager here…
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Since you added Schmid, I will take him over the other two as I feel he's shown the most at the NHL level, and has a clear path to a NHL job right now - he's be in goal for both Devils wins and should get the starts the rest of this series, barring injury or complete collapse.

Devils are already where we think Buffalo can reach, and both have a brighter future than Calgary, it seems. Also, Calgary's net is the most crowded.

I understand you want a long-term answer, but in 3-4 years, any could be the right answer, and they all seem very talented. So I'll limit myself to the next 2-3 years, and go with Schmid.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I like all 3 but my favourite is Levi. Buffalo is absolutely stacked moving forward with one of the best young cores in the game. NJ as well, no doubt, but Akira just doesn't have nearly the same hype Levi has so that affects me at this point, i can't deny it. Wolf I'd put last, despite him probably being the most talented of the goalies. With Marky in front of him and quite an old team in Calgary, I don't have nearly the same excitement.