I've got a theory im working on but id love to hear from any clb fans, la fans, scouting types, or just poolies/fans in general- what are your thoughts on Korpisalo?

I'm looking for:

- How good is he? Whether its stat based or eye test stuff id love to hear any insight about his skill level when he plays his best- what would you cite to prove hes good? To prove he's not good?
- What style is he? Is he a technical guy or more of a gunslinger? Does he handle the puck well or does he bobble it? Confident guy? Or shaky when the losses pile up? If you had to describe his game without inferring he was good or bad what types of adjectives would you use?
- Howd he fit in a system? Did he give the BJs a fair chance to win every night? Does he benefit from LAS tight defensive style? Will he mae an effort to adapt? Or is he the guy thats gonna do his thing no matter where he ends up?

I'm gonna do some independant research myself but id love to hear what the forums have to say.
I'm working on a theory. I think if we use Ullmark as a guide post we can see its sort of easier than we make it out to be to at least identify the type of team any goalie would thrive on- Nashville, NYI, Boston and I really feel like we can probably include LA in that discussion. I'm a big Petersen guy buy I'm willing to acknowledge hes fallen to the level of at least being a long shot at this point. With that in mind...

- Ullmark played "ok" on a very bad Sabres team and even showed flashes of brilliance for short stretches. Korpi played "ok" on a very bad CLB team and even showed flashes of brilliance for short stretches.
- Ullmark worked his ass off in a "leaky" system and was eventually traded to a rock solid one. Korpi worked his ass off in a "leaky" system and was eventually traded to a rock solid one.
- Ullmark was not all that hyped because the Bs sort of had Swayman in the wings as the preferred incumbent. Korpi is not all that hyped up because the Kings sort of have Petersen as the preferred (?) Incumbent.
- Ullmark is a big guy (6"5) with solid technical skills as well as the ability to make the odd "big save". Korpi is a big man (6"3) with solid technical skills as well as the ability to make the odd "big save".
- They're both late twenties (28 and 29). They've both played as the starter and as the backup. They've both faced adversity and came out swinging still. Neither of them was/is regarded as an absolutely elite option from a skills perspective. And so it goes...

I have to do more research yet and its not a perfect comparison tbth. For instance Korpisalo is a lot more lanky to Ullmarks genuinely "large" frame. Also Buffalo was supposed to be bad where CLB sort of wasn't lol! I'm not going to predict that Korpisalo is a tier zero goalie by next year- creme de la creme- the type of goalies other elite goalies look at and feel a bit jealous. What i AM saying is there are a few factors that are camoflafing the fact that this could be one of the better goalie moves that happened this year. Even if he ends up as a tier 3 or tier 4 guy- that's a helluva an add for what it would cost to acquire him (aka not much!). This is not me hyping up an asset i own and am hoping for- this is my attempt to "read the tea leaves" and voodoo the goaltending voodoo that has baffled many of us for years...