Thread: Chabot's Cap/Dynasty League Value

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Chabot's Cap/Dynasty League Value

Ice Cap league in sig: I don't follow the Sens close, but Chabot is approaching that magical time. His cap at his current production is a bit tough to stomach though, and usually I shy away from spending on defencemen, simply because the cost/ratio is never good. Easier to get similar priced forwards who produce equal/more.

That said, he doesn't have to get too much better to at least be marginally worth it, and if he breaks out, he might be a bit of a gain.

So I'm curious from the OTT fans out there, does he look like he's gonna hold onto his top pp1 spot/top pair? Or is that gonna go to some of the younger, more offensive d-prospects moving forward, and he's gonna get stuck in a more defensive/shutdown role?
    Ice Cap

Dynasty, 32 team cap league (1:1 NHL Cap/Floor), H2H weekly, points (G: 1 / A: 1 / Blks: 0.1 / HTS: 0.1 / SOG: 0.1 / W: 1 / SO: 1 / SV: 0.05)
    Start 12 F, 6 D, 1 G, 4 Bench, 27 Minors/Prospects

Roster

Dobber Sports Ace

Default Re: Chabot's Cap/Dynasty League Value

While Chabot may continue to develop as a player, his opportunities will not be better. With Chychrun in town and Sanderson developing as well, I don’t see a scenario where Chabot’s PP1 time is safe.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Re: Chabot's Cap/Dynasty League Value

Quote Originally Posted by zambronies View Post
    While Chabot may continue to develop as a player, his opportunities will not be better. With Chychrun in town and Sanderson developing as well, I don’t see a scenario where Chabot’s PP1 time is safe.
    Completely forgot about Chychrun :/ Yeah, I was thinking it wasn't safe just with Brannstrom and Sanderson kicking around, but Chychrun in the mix as well? That's just too much, man.
    Ice Cap

Dynasty, 32 team cap league (1:1 NHL Cap/Floor), H2H weekly, points (G: 1 / A: 1 / Blks: 0.1 / HTS: 0.1 / SOG: 0.1 / W: 1 / SO: 1 / SV: 0.05)
    Start 12 F, 6 D, 1 G, 4 Bench, 27 Minors/Prospects

Roster