Thread: Abreu

Dobber Sports Immortal

Default Abreu

So I somehow ended up with 3 Rockies in my yearly league...which I don't love.

R, HR, RBI, SB, Avg, OPS

I have Cron, Tovar, Bryant.

Would you trade Cron for Abreu? I am having trouble because Cron had 30+ bombs last year and is off to a great start. Abreu has the name value, but his power looked sapped last year and he's showing almost none this year as well.

Dobber Sports Star

Default Re: Abreu

I would keep Cron. The sample size is small, of course, but Cron's average exit velocity and well-hit balls is greater than Abreu's. Not much to go on, I admit. Cron's value derives from himself. At this point, Abreu's derives from the awesome batters around him, Altuve notwithstanding.

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by senryu View Post
    I would keep Cron. The sample size is small, of course, but Cron's average exit velocity and well-hit balls is greater than Abreu's. Not much to go on, I admit. Cron's value derives from himself. At this point, Abreu's derives from the awesome batters around him, Altuve notwithstanding.
    Man....Abreu is done. I took him EARLY in a keep 10 league and he's just absolutely killing me. I've offered him for Cron, Walker and Gallo and have been rejected by everyone.

Is he just a drop? I grabbed Matt Mervis and also have Miguel Vargas as a 1B option....

Dobber Sports Star

Abreu's in the bottom third of all kinds of numbers measuring exit velocity, how often he hits the ball hard, and expected batting percentages. It appears to be over for him unless something radical changes.

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by senryu View Post
    Abreu's in the bottom third of all kinds of numbers measuring exit velocity, how often he hits the ball hard, and expected batting percentages. It appears to be over for him unless something radical changes.
    So you're telling me the answer without actually saying it..... He's a drop ��

Dobber Sports Immortal

Done. Someone dropped Lodolo and I feel like I can handle dropping Abreu for someone with that upside.....

Dobber Sports Immortal

Picked Abreu back up about 2 weeks ago and man has he been solid.