Thread: Semi Finals Sunday Help! VV and Helly - Will REP

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Semi Finals Sunday Help! VV and Helly - Will REP

Morning Dobbers.

I am sitting down 6-4 in my yahoo H2H league and Vanecek not starting last night hurt me. Cats are W, GAA, SV%, and SO. With VV not playing last night I can't catch up in wins as VV and Helly are my goalies and are facing off today. The biggest question I have is do I sit them both or start them both. I am down 1 goal and 1 PPP so need to steal those cat's today but the goalie stats so far are...

Opponent My Team
    Wins: 4 2
    GAA: 2.20 2.28
    SV%: .908 .921
    SO: 0 0

Trying to determine if its worth the risk losing SV% to face them off and hope for a SO or two good performance to take GAA?! He has Markstrom as well but unlikely we starts him.

As always I appreciate any advice and opinions!
    32 Team Salary Cap Dynasty - Fantrax
    Start: 12F, 6D, 2G - Scoring: G/A 1, SOG/Hit/Blk 0.1, W/SHO 1, SV 0.05

F:
    Bemstrom, Meier, Danault, Fantilli, Di Giuseppe, Greenway,
    Hischier, W. Johnston, P. Kane, Marchment,
    Palat, Seguin, Blackwell, Merela, Reaves.

D:
    Ceci, DeAngelo, Girard, Liljegren,
    N. Lundkvist, Walman, Schmidt, Emberson.

G: Sorokin, Quick, Kochetkov.

Minors: Arcuri, Misiak, Nesterenko, Perreault, Ponomayov,

T. Robertson, Simontaival, Soderblom, A. Thompson, Unger Sorum,
    S. Walker, J. Wise, Brunet, Hollowell, Honka, Mynio, Nause,
    Commesso, Hamrla, Portillo, Svedeback, Makiniemi.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Default Re: Semi Finals Sunday Help! VV and Helly - Will REP

For now... put them both in your two starting slots.
    Last thing you want to happen is to have them "off roster" and then have your internet go down, or get busy... (it's happened to me before).
    Other bad thing that could happen - one gets sick just before game. That has happened too.

If you had "moves"... what I would suggest would be to "stagger" your goalies today.
    Try to get somebody playing at 1pm or 3pm... see if that start goes well and gets you back in lead for GAA.

By the GAA numbers being so tight... likely if you get a guy with a 2gaa game... you'll vault into the lead.
    It's possible your EARLY starter gets 0gaa, 1gaa, or 2gaa... and then you sit "tight".
    And if your EARLY guy gives up 3gaa or 4gaa... then you are picking one of VV or Helle and hoping for a 0gaa or 1gaa.

If you do NOT have any moves, I'd probably "pick one".
    NHL games score 6-7 goals per game these days... so you are playing AGAINST the odds to run both (by "law of averages").

Personally, despite WPG "needing" the win... NJ is simply a stronger, more defensive team chasing the #1 seed in the Metro... so I'm going Vanecek ONLY. (if you can't do the EARLY, LATE goalie split tact)