Thread: J korpisalo vs f gustavsson

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default J korpisalo vs f gustavsson

Good day,

I'm wondering what are peoples thoughts on which goalie would be the better option for the playoffs and next year. Both need contracts so do you think they stay on the teams they are on now and do you think both would be the #1 goalie next year.

I believe Korpisalo is the better goalie in L.A but they've been splitting the games (until last night) and I have the same thoughts for Gustavsson.

Thanks
    6 Team Keeper.
    Salary Cap $108M with 3 players at 75% price. Points only G/A=1, Hattrick = +3, W= 2, SO = +3, OTL/SOL = +1

12 F, 6 D, 2 G, 8 Reserves (any position)

Forwards
    Pastrnak $8.4, Eichel $7.5, MacKinnon $9.4, Ovechkin $9.5, JT Miller $8.0, RNH $5.1, Malkin $6.1, Marchand $6.1, Rust $5.1, Stephenson $2.7, M. Raymond $0.9, Terry $7.0, Duchene $3.0, P Kane $0.0, Mittelstadt $2.5, Kreider $6.5
    Defence
    Sandin $1.4, Montour $3.5, R Andersson $4.5, Barrie $4.5, J Carlson $8.0, McAvoy $9.5, Giordano $0.8, Byram $3.8, Hedman $7.8
    Goalies
    Vasilevsky $9.5, Kuemper $5.2, F Andersen $3.4, Korpisalo $4.0

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Korpisalo or Gustavsson

Good day,

I'm wondering what are peoples thoughts on which goalie would be the better option for the playoffs and next year. Both need contracts so do you think they stay on the teams they are on now and do you think both would be the #1 goalie next year.

I believe Korpisalo is the better goalie in L.A but they've been splitting the games (until last night) and I have the same thoughts for Gustavsson.

Thanks
    6 Team Keeper.
    Salary Cap $108M with 3 players at 75% price. Points only G/A=1, Hattrick = +3, W= 2, SO = +3, OTL/SOL = +1

12 F, 6 D, 2 G, 8 Reserves (any position)

Forwards
    Pastrnak $8.4, Eichel $7.5, MacKinnon $9.4, Ovechkin $9.5, JT Miller $8.0, RNH $5.1, Malkin $6.1, Marchand $6.1, Rust $5.1, Stephenson $2.7, M. Raymond $0.9, Terry $7.0, Duchene $3.0, P Kane $0.0, Mittelstadt $2.5, Kreider $6.5
    Defence
    Sandin $1.4, Montour $3.5, R Andersson $4.5, Barrie $4.5, J Carlson $8.0, McAvoy $9.5, Giordano $0.8, Byram $3.8, Hedman $7.8
    Goalies
    Vasilevsky $9.5, Kuemper $5.2, F Andersen $3.4, Korpisalo $4.0

Dobber Sports Icon

Default Re: Korpisalo or Gustavsson

I think both goalies are pretty close to each other but I'm leaning Korpisalo here as he's a UFA after this year and will have a good shot at being a #1 goalie next year (although it will likely be a 1A situation).

Gustavsson is great but Fleury is signed for another year. Of course Gustavsson will likely be the 1A in that situation too. So if you're a believe in Minnesota (which I am), then it might be worth going that way.

Sorry, I guess that wasn't much help. What I mean is I don't think you can go wrong either way
    Without me, it's only "aweso".

Dobber Sports Ace

To me it’s Gus easily. ����*♂️
    12 teams. Keep 9 any position.
    7 prospects. D scoring 3.75 for goal, 2.75 for assist. Forwards 3.5 for goal, 2.5 for assist. 0.5 for hits and blocks. Goalie scoring -1.5 GA, 0.3 for save, 2 points for win and extra 2 for shutout.

​Pre Draft

F: Keller, Zegras, Suzuki, Caufield, Cozens

D:​ Drysdale, Guhle, Perunovich

G:

IR:

Prospects: W. Johnston, K. Johnson, Guenther, Morrow, Mateychuk

The Great One

Default Re: J korpisalo vs f gustavsson

Gustavsson is a much better goalie. I don’t think either one will be a clear number 1 next year.
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch

The Great One

Looks like you started this thread twice. That’s frowned upon.
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett

IR:

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by tweetdrivr View Post
    Got an opinion on the thread? Hoping in without a response is frowned upon.

Im going with Gus. I think its a better team and he will continue to take starts from MAF.

Dobber Sports Icon

Gus...i just dont see it in Korpi.
    ESPN Roto 10 team
    24 man roster (+3 IR) - Keep 20 - Daily settings
    Start 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 5D, 2G, 1UTIL
    G,A,PTS, +/-, PIM, PPA, PPG, D PTS - W, SV, SV%

C- Zegras, Suzuki, Carlsson
    RW- Batherson, Michkov, Quinn, Perfetti(C,LW), Foerster, Kakko
    LW- BTkachuk, Stutzle(C), Byfield(C), McTavish(C), Benson
    D- Mintyukov, Sanderson, LHughes, Clarke, Faber
    G- Wolf, Askarov, Wallstedt
    IR- Norris(C)
    IR- Fantilli(C)
    IR-

Picks in 2024/25 rounds 1,1,1,2
    Picks in 2025/26 rounds 1,1,3,4

Dobber Sports Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by tweetdrivr View Post
    I'm not sure which thread to answer (:

But I'm here now, so why not.

The futures of both these guys is up in the air big time IMO. I'm far from convinced either is a quality starting goalie but in today's NHL who the hell knows for sure.

LA - Down the stretch and into the playoffs I think this will be a you win, you play the next one, you lose, the other guys gets the next start. It will be a time share of sorts and whether one of Korpisalo or Copley steps up is a crap shoot, I'm sure the Kings are hoping one of them will up their game. Next year I am thinking there will be an interesting battle for the starting and back up rolls in LA. Calvin Petterssen and his big contract are not going to be put to waste in the minors and he will be looked upon to battle, and win, the starting gig from Korpisalo and Copley and I think there is an excellent chance that that happens. I like Korpisalo's chances of getting the back up roll more so than Copley. All conjecture, but there ya go.

Minnesota - Gus has had quite a run. However, MAF has played 167 NHL playoff games, Gus, 65 NHL games total. Who do you think the Wild turn to for the stretch run and into the playoffs? It's MAF's to lose. Next year MAF will return, Gus will need to be signed or he will be somewhere else. I'm thinking the Wild will sign him. If that is the case, it will be more of the same next year. Wallstedt is not ready, but once MAF's contract is done the net in Minny is likely Wallstedt's and Gus. Again, pure conjecture on my part.

OH....I just noticed there's a crack in my crystal ball (:
    14 Team Roto; Keep 25; 12 F, 6 D, 2 G; 10 Farm; 5 Bench; 5 IR;

Salary Cap - 102.5 Mil

Scoring Cats: G, A, Pts, PIM, Hits, BS, SOG, F Points, D Points; Win+Ties+SO, GAA, SV%

Keepers

F: Aho, Larkin, DeBrincat, Vrana, Bennett, Scheifele, Kakko,Tolvanen, McBain,

D: Heiskanen, Fox, Toews, Lundqvist

G: Swayman, Andersen, Copley

Drops

F: Gaudreau, Terravainen, Puljujarvi, Kravstov, Zary

D: Brannstrom, Cernak, Alexeyev

G: Korpisalo, Merzlikins

FARM: Rossi, Berggren, Holtz, Savoie, Clarke, Tarasov, Wolf

Dobber Sports Veteran

Bubba makes some good points. Got me second thinking about what i said. Thinking korpi is the safer bet now for what the OP is looking for.

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by audiopile View Post
    Got an opinion on the thread? Hoping in without a response is frowned upon.

Im going with Gus. I think its a better team and he will continue to take starts from MAF.
    I answered in the other thread of course. Love spending time answering questions twice!
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max

IR:

Dobber Sports Ninja

I'm biased as I own Gus, so I'd roll the dice with him over Korpisalo.
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Ace

I’d lean korpisao. But there are a lot of variables that could make this go either way.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Gustavsson. He is the better goalie on his team right now, and the Kings have Petersen & Copley under contract, while the Wild have just Fleury.

Copley has somewhat saved the Kings season, but he's erratic. 32 starts, 21 quality starts, 7 really bad starts, 4 in between.

I'd guess that Korpisalo (UFA) is less likely to be in LA than Gustavsson (RFA) in Minnesota.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Deity

I merged your two threads together. Not sure why you felt the need to create a second one but whatever.

As far as your question goes, my preference is Gustavsson.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."