Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Baseball is Awful

Dobber Sports Pro

Default Re: Baseball is Awful

Baseball is definitely the laziest sport of all time. Most players stand around doing nothing ever. Even at the ballpark most fans are more into the food than the game. It's brutal.
    12 Team Keep 6: G/A:1 W/SO:2
    C - McDavid, Matthews, Schiefele
    LW - Draisaitl, Fiala, Meier
    RW - ​​Marner, Barzal, Zuccarello
    D - Dahlin, Morrissey, Dunn, Matheson
    G - Skinner
    B - Marchessault, Caufield, Teravainen, McCann, Montour, Jones, Saros

12 Team Keep 10 (& 5 Minors)
    : G/A/OTL:1 W:2 SO:3
    '24 Picks (16 Rounds) - 1,1,1,1,1,2,2,3,3,3,5,5,6,6
    F - ​McDavid, Rantanen, Point, Aho, Nylander, M. Tkachuk, Guentzel, MacKinnon, Pavelski, Duchene, Farabee, Henrique
    D - Bouchard, Dobson, Matheson, Andersson, Letang
    G - Vasilevskiy, Markstrom
    B - Joseph, Schenn, Nyqvist, Roslovic, Duclair, S. Jones, Korpisalo, Quick, Rittich
    M - Cooley, Michkov, Rossi, Hutson, Mateychuk

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by chuckcouples View Post
    I used to love baseball. For our 30th birthdays, a buddy and I went on an 11 night trip where we went to 10 MLB games in 10 days in 10 different parks. It was awesome.

The product that is MLB now is no longer the baseball that I love. I like small ball. I want to see balls in play, hit and runs, stolen bases (they are probably back now!), sac bunts, great baserunning. I hate the everyone swing for the fence or strike out mentally.
    Sounds amazing. Do you remember which stadiums you went to? I've always wanted to do something like that.

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Pengwin7 View Post
    Soccer players can run 10km in a single game.
    https://www.runnersworld.com/runners...arious-sports/
    ^The baseball distance is a good laugh.
    Man, the guy who ran the most on the bases last yr likely I guessed ran 400m more than the avg player lol. wow.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Icon

We flew to Boston for a Red Sox game then took the train to New York. We watched a Mets game then made a day train trip to Philadelphia then returned to NY for a Yankees game. Then took the train to DC for a Nationals game. We then rented a car and headed to Pittsburgh. From there we went to Cleveland then to Chicago for a White Sox game. Then off to St Louis and ended the trip in KC before flying home.

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Is this the alternative answer?

https://thesavannahbananas.com/bananaball/
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Dobber Sports Ninja

I'm thankful for baseball. It's because of baseball that we have rotisserie fantasy leagues!! Also, a pitching duel is great when you own both pitchers, lol! I remember watching Pedro Martinez (yes, he of the Montreal Expos) mowing down a bunch of batters for my fantasy team and watching with anticipation when he had 2 strikes on a batter.
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Master

I only play in a few casual fantasy baseball leagues to pass the time in the hockey offseason. Last year I bought the mlb pkg and followed my old fav team from my younger days (the Orioles) and some other games to see how my fantasy players were doing. I find it relaxing to take in the sights and sounds of the various MLB parks (via the MLB pkg) but I can honestly say that I can't commit to a full 3 hours .

Dobber Sports Deity

I love watching baseball although certain parts of the game would annoy me. I'm enjoying the pitch clock, I must admit. One of the things that annoyed me were watching batters step out after every pitch to readjust their batting gloves or pitchers shake off sign after sign from the catcher. I like that they've sped the game up.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    I love watching baseball although certain parts of the game would annoy me. I'm enjoying the pitch clock, I must admit. One of the things that annoyed me were watching batters step out after every pitch to readjust their batting gloves or pitchers shake off sign after sign from the catcher. I like that they've sped the game up.
    they start to lose me when a guy who's been warming up for 10 minutes (or longer) from the bullpen needs 9 pitches to warmup on the field mound . Maybe cut that down to 5 pitches and I wont change the channel

Dobber Sports Immortal

Baseball on tv has always been a background sport for me. Now with the pitch clock it's a lot harder to do that because the action is surprisingly fast.

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by Pengwin7 View Post
    Soccer players can run 10km in a single game.
    https://www.runnersworld.com/runners...arious-sports/
    ^The baseball distance is a good laugh.
    They don't show their data, but I'm led to believe this is more of a distance travelled mark rather then specifically running.
    They do walk a lot as well.

From what I can tell, hockey players are slightly less than soccer in distance travelled in a game.
    Larger discrepancy between hockey players (top end players vs bottom end players) than in soccer.
    Interested in being a Dobber Hockey champion?
    Join Our Tiered League Now!
    Climb your way to the top of a three tiered Roto league.
    Check out the link below for more info or PM me!
    https://forums.dobbersports.com/show...League-2023-24

Dobber Sports Master

I didnt buy the mlb pkg this season but have the sportsnet app (premium - to watch isles games ) .

they carry a lot of other games besides the Jays so I'll get my fix that way

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I don’t profess to be a baseball super fan by any stretch of the imagination. Last year I finally looked up what “WHIP” was and no it’s not a cream. But probably 5-6 years ago because of a colleague at work, I started watching the occasional game here and there. And I find the relaxedness of watching a game fantastic. I think for me I gotta be in the mood but it’s a nice enjoyable sport with highlight reel plays and every at bat is an opportunity for another. I’m a hockey fan, drag racing and sprint car racing first and foremost, but I do tremendously enjoy the odd baseball game.

Dobber Sports Immortal

Oneil Cruz is awful at sliding. Holy crap.

Dobber Sports Master

watched O's / Yankees yesterday for awhile .

99 crushed a few out of the park