Thread: Jiri Kulich

Dobber Sports Initiate

Default Jiri Kulich

What do you guys think about him? Will we see him in the NHL next season? What's his celling for the future?

What he's doing in the AHL is impressive and I don't think people are talking enough about him.
    31 TEAMS keep all multi-cat (lot of them) dynasty
    Offensive stats : Goals, Assist , PPP, PPTOI, SOG...
    Defensive stats : PKTOI, BLKS, TakeAway, Giveaway...
    (basically best NHL player)

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Re: Jiri Kulich

I think he’s very underrated for sure. I think he’s also really good defensively which may see him jump to the bigs next year. Only problem is in buffalo there appears to be a logjam at centre with Cozens and Mittelstadt. He could unfortunately get put on as the 3rd C as he seems almost like a Lundell type defensively responsible - which in real life is exactly the player you need but in fantasy makes us cry if we spent a high pick on him! I think unless buffalo moves someone to the wing he gets pigeonholed on a checking line and Kulich doesn’t get more than 50 points in any season. Obviously he’s young and a long way from hitting that number so I don’t mean I think he hits 50 next season, but unless he, cozens or Mittelstadt take a wing spot he’s kinda stuck for ceiling. Ideal situation 70-80 point defensively responsible forward though I think 80 is a bit of a stretch.

Dobber Sports Initiate

70-80 points is a lot of points

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Kulich's shot is absolutely phenomenal.
    The quality of his shot is not that far off what Ovechkin, DeBrincat, and Pastrnak can do from a set PP spot.
    Other huge benefit is that he can offset Tage's RH-shot on the BUF PP.

Buffalo won't bring back UFA's Okposo, Hinostroza, and Girgensons - so there may be a spot (*should*) next season.

Here's a video of two goals he scored last game, the tip (first minute of video) is nothing special.
    But the one-timer at the 1:02 mark is standard Kulich... BIG shot, BIG.

(In WHL draft this past summer, I was set on Snuggerud - nice player - who got sniped right before me and was deciding between Gaucher (ANA) and Kulich (BUF) and just a few minutes into highlights... it was clear!)

Dobber Sports Sage

Kulich has been excellent this season and would probably go top 12 or so in a redraft. With his shot and the playmakers Buffalo has, a 70-80 point ceiling is very reasonable if not conservative. Just for context, Buffalo was torn between Ostlund and Kulich at pick #16. They went with Ostlund because he's a center but Buffalo tried to trade up from 26 to acquire Kulich but were unsuccessful. They were ecstatic he fell. I was pumped I drafted him 27 in a league and was able to pick him up as a FA in another league. Kinda makes up for drafting Lekkermaki at #8.
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

Dobber Sports Wizard

i dont think there is chance in hell he plays in NHL next year..maybe gets few games but i doubt it. They got lots of youngsters up and coming and i believe he will marinate in the AHL for year or 2 but i do think he got a potential to be a very good middle 6 guy one day.
    14 Teams H2H Dynasty, 28 roster spots (8 bench), 15 minors under 100
    Weekly Matchups - Daily Lineups

Skaters: G/A/Pt/PIM/SoG/STP/H+B/ToI/Corsi
    Goalies: W/GAA/SVs/SV%/SHO

C: Eichel, Kadri, Mcdavid, Sodeberg, Schenn
    LW: Ehlers, Landeskog, Meier, Debrusk, Foegele, Lee
    RW: Pastrnak, Marner, Palmieri, Terry, D. Brown, Bailey, Granlund
    D: Krug, Josi, Ekholm, Faulk, Muzzin, Karlsson, Cernak,
    G: Hellebuyck, Biship, M Jones

Dobber Sports Initiate

What I like his that it looks like he can play wing and center. Teams like that.